LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:39:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF  (Read 6536 times)
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« on: April 29, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »

I don't know what the point of the fine is. If he's not going to associate with the league, then why pay a fine?
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »

He's always been hated by the NBA and the owners in general and has a long history of being detrimental to the league.  He'll make out like a bandit,  of course.  He paid 12.5 million for the team in 1981 and it's estimated that he could get above $1 billion for it now.

A billion? I saw a valuation of $550 million. Quite the return.

The Milwaukee Bucks were just sold for $550 million.  I guarantee that the Clippers are worth more than the Milwaukee Bucks. 
Valuation does not equate to the amount of money they'll return. The Dodgers well overshot their valuation when sold.

I still don't think they crack a billion, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies