LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:25:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF  (Read 6515 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »

I never heard of this guy before the other day and couldn't care less what happens to him.  The NBA is a sh**t leage, and he's probably not the only one who thinks this stuff, it's just he's stupid enough to let it be made public.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »

He's banned for life, $2.5 million fine and will be forced to relinquish his shares.

He's banned for life and fined, but where did you hear that he will be forced to sell his shares of the team?

I see this as a bad move by the NBA.  With sponsors dropping and Sterling admitting that the words on the tape were his, it looked as if he was on his way out by his own choice.  By the NBA stepping in, they're setting a precedent here.  Are they going to ban players or anyone for life when they make inflammatory racist statements?  They've opened themselves up to a lot of problems down the road, and I think Mark Cuban made a good point that you need to be careful when dealing with the rights of owners.

IIRC, I read that they're governed by a private set of bylaws which would permit the forced sale.  It's not unheard of either, Inks.  Jimmy Haslam over in NFL-lane may have found the same fate over the Flying J debacle.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »

Awwwwwwww, his little putana is upset about all of this......I guess when the credit cards and cash go away, people get sad.  http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stiviano-lawyer-says-shes-sad-over-sterling-ban-100344552--spt.html 

Booooofrigginwhoooooo. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:07 AM »

It appears that Sterling's lil putana has made some racist remarks herself.  OOPS.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/v-stiviano-donald-sterling-racist-remarks-tmz-clippers
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies