LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:31:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF  (Read 6511 times)
Cobbler
United States

« on: April 28, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »

Off-topic, but I do hope if they are able to push Sterling out that the new ownership moves this team to Seattle, because that is the city that deserves to have a team.

I didn't think Seattle was such an awful town that it needed to be punished by having a primo uomo team owner inflicted upon it. Tongue That said, I think Seattle gaining an NBA team is contingent upon it first getting a new arena which in turn is contingent upon it gaining an NHL team.  Seattle would be a leading candidate if the NHL were to expand, but I don't see an NHL team that would be likely to move there.

Actually, we have an ownership group (Chris Hansen/Steve Balmer/Nordstrom) that have already gotten a plan to make a state-of-the-art arena, which cannot be built until we are granted an NBA team. So we are actually ready, its the NBA that isn't. Silver has stated that expansion isn't in the works (at least not until after the arena agreement expires). NHL does want to expand to Seattle, but because a NBA team needs to come first, they can't because there is no arena being built.

I'd love to get the Clippers as opposed to another team, since it doesn't seem to have much of a fanbase and LA has the Lakers, but I doubt the NBA will move a team from LA.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »

With Ballmer's purchase of the Clippers, the hope of Seattle getting a team at all in the near future has probably died.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies