LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling under fire for taped racist comments to GF  (Read 6547 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: April 27, 2014, 06:31:50 PM »

What kind of demographic is a Clippers fan anyways? I always wondered that, considering the popularity of the Lakers.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »

What kind of demographic is a Clippers fan anyways? I always wondered that, considering the popularity of the Lakers.

They're division champions, so basically "anyone who lives near, and especially in, LA." This is a bandwagon kind of town if there ever was one.

OK, but who was going to their games when they sucked?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »

I always wondered why they didn't try to market their team to blacks and/or Hispanics, like the White Sox. I guess this explains why.

Yeah, I thought they may have, because I could never figure out the purpose of their existence (and no one here is being helpful on that front Tongue), but this scandal proves otherwise.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »

Off-topic, but I do hope if they are able to push Sterling out that the new ownership moves this team to Seattle, because that is the city that deserves to have a team.

I didn't think Seattle was such an awful town that it needed to be punished by having a primo uomo team owner inflicted upon it. Tongue That said, I think Seattle gaining an NBA team is contingent upon it first getting a new arena which in turn is contingent upon it gaining an NHL team.  Seattle would be a leading candidate if the NHL were to expand, but I don't see an NHL team that would be likely to move there.

QQQQQQUUUUUEEEEBBBBBEEEEECCCC CCCCIIITTTYYY
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies