GA man stalks little league game at public park with a gun, because he can
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:10:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GA man stalks little league game at public park with a gun, because he can
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA man stalks little league game at public park with a gun, because he can  (Read 2750 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2014, 06:35:57 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Forsyth is, depending on how you measure it, roughly 80% Republican - it's one of the most Republican counties in the state - and turnout is massively high there, meaning that the political opinions at the ballot box more or less accurately reflect the entire population. I only bring this up to illustrate the likelihood that the audience was overwhelmingly in favor of the expansive pro-gun legislation (HB 60) as it was being debated several weeks ago in the General Assembly, which in part will further sanction this type of behavior by opening carry up to more places, among other things. Primarily, I say this not to be a dick, but because it was this proverbial cut of cloth that pushed so heavily for fewer restrictions on concealed carry during the last session.

Must the cognitive dissonance be astounding in parts of Forsyth right about now? After all, in a comfortable cookie-cut portion of the northern metro, only more freedoms are gained by such legislative grandstanding. Gun violence and public intimidation are problems that only exist in "that place" where "those people" live, and not in beautiful Forsyth County, where anything before the 1980s apparently happened so long ago that nobody there seems to remember them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 08:24:30 AM »

Perhaps I should begin carrying a gun myself. And whenever I see someone openly carrying a gun, I will shoot them and tell the police that I was justified in doing so because I "felt threatened" by the open presence of a gun on their person.

As George Zimmerman taught us, there's nothing wrong with shooting people if you feel threatened by them.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 08:28:50 AM »

He's obviously compensating for… something.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »

He's obviously compensating for… something.

Haha, my thoughts exactly. "Look at my gun", seriously...
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:08:40 AM »

Wow, what the actual living  Georgia? Really? I've read the bill, you are allowed to go into a bar with a gun, why? Why does this bill exist?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »

Insert conservative conspiracy theories about how this guy is a LIBERAL FALSE FLAG TO UNDERMINE THE SECOND AMENDMENT. Or something like that.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »

The gun control lobby really ought to find some private business owner to file a test case stating that gun laws like Georgia's violate their property rights by forcing them to accommodate guns on their premises.

If it's framed as infringing on the property rights of small business owners, it becomes harder for conservatives to defend this kind of absolutist Second Amendment stance.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 11:43:48 AM »

This will definitely be an interesting experiment to watch unfold in Georgia.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 11:46:53 AM »

Wow, what the actual living  Georgia? Really? I've read the bill, you are allowed to go into a bar with a gun, why? Why does this bill exist?

I thought it was bad enough that South Carolina recently adopted the right to carry a gun into a bar unless the management explicitly prohibited it, but Georgia previously had it and now will prohibit altogether bar owners from banning guns.

What idiot thinks mixing guns and alcohol is a good thing?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »

Answer: A Republican.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »

Answer: A Republican.

But no weed.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »

Wow, what the actual living  Georgia? Really? I've read the bill, you are allowed to go into a bar with a gun, why? Why does this bill exist?

I thought it was bad enough that South Carolina recently adopted the right to carry a gun into a bar unless the management explicitly prohibited it, but Georgia previously had it and now will prohibit altogether bar owners from banning guns.

Wait, private businesses aren't allowed to tell people to not bring guns on to their property in Georgia now?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »

Lots of people love these sort of laws, until someone actually uses them to be threatening and/or intimidating.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »

Wow, what the actual living  Georgia? Really? I've read the bill, you are allowed to go into a bar with a gun, why? Why does this bill exist?

Wait, private businesses aren't allowed to tell people to not bring guns on to their property in Georgia now?

Most are, but bars and and I think restaurants (tho I would need to check whether restaurants are in that category) are not, probably because they are "public accommodations" when any law abiding gun owner should be free to go in public places without having their second amendment rights prejudiced.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies