Opinion of Sam Spade
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:22:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Sam Spade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Well?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Opinion of Sam Spade  (Read 4230 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:45:41 AM »

Easy as can be - FF

Glad he popped in.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:06:52 AM »

Awesome. One of the best. Hilarious (and I was the target of several of his jokes/attacks!) and controversial.

I also salute his courage in confirming what I first said existed: The List. Even though Inks still tries these Jedi mind tricks, saying Sam agreed it never existed even as Sam clearly said it did.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »

Whether he's an FF or an HP should be clear to anyone who's been paying attention…..not that I expect that many of you are smart enough to realize that.  Look, it should be obvious that the vote in this thread is going to go one of two ways.  I'm pretty sure I know which way that's going to be, but it depends on two factors that you probably aren't considering.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »

Whether he's an FF or an HP should be clear to anyone who's been paying attention…..not that I expect that many of you are smart enough to realize that.  Look, it should be obvious that the vote in this thread is going to go one of two ways.  I'm pretty sure I know which way that's going to be, but it depends on two factors that you probably aren't considering.

Are you doing your best to imitate the Oracle at Delphi?  Spit it out, MM.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:24:31 AM »

HP, but rather bland at it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »

Be patient.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »

Be patient.

I don't need to be patient. Listgate is taking its toll. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »

Be patient.

So you voted how, exactly?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

Whether he's an FF or an HP should be clear to anyone who's been paying attention…..not that I expect that many of you are smart enough to realize that.  Look, it should be obvious that the vote in this thread is going to go one of two ways.  I'm pretty sure I know which way that's going to be, but it depends on two factors that you probably aren't considering.

Are you doing your best to imitate the Oracle at Delphi?  Spit it out, MM.

Be patient.

FF. Spade and I were once closer friends than you and I ever were, until you decided I was a narcissistic, self absorbed, out of touch, braggart, who gives long boring yet still irritating lectures, and manipulated the system to try to bring the Update down - or something.  And maybe I have helped Sam mitigate his homophobia a tad to boot. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »

Whether he's an FF or an HP should be clear to anyone who's been paying attention…..not that I expect that many of you are smart enough to realize that.  Look, it should be obvious that the vote in this thread is going to go one of two ways.  I'm pretty sure I know which way that's going to be, but it depends on two factors that you probably aren't considering.

Be patient.

FF. Spade and I were once closer friends than you and I ever were, until you decided I was a narcissistic, self absorbed, out of touch, braggart, who gives long boring yet still irritating lectures, and manipulated the system to try to bring the Update down - or something.  And maybe I have helped Sam mitigate his homophobia a tad to boot. Smiley

Nice synopsis.  Tongue
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »

Be patient.

Nice synopsis.  Tongue

Get a room ...

FF, of course ... I remember Sam from way back when. In which "Divergent" faction would he belong? Candor? I think so ...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 11:06:52 AM »

Be patient.

I wouldn't count on it... 

I have to wonder if Torie's going the way of Michael Barone - good political analysis being destroyed by hack politics (and in the former's specific case, homosexuality and drug usage).
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »

In the early returns it is clear that the voting is not going either one way or the other.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »

In the early returns it is clear that the voting is not going either one way or the other.

I don't think Sam would be surprised he's a polarizing figure, muon.  Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 11:26:35 AM »

Depending on how you define "full human being" I would say no.  Frankly we shouldn't pour valuable resources into keeping the blacks alive while entire families are having their homes foreclosed on and being tossed out into the street.  Our priorities in America are completely nonsensical.  I've seen black people that don't move, don't speak, who can't even feed themselves be given taxpayer money time after time and have all kinds of interventions done to prolong their lives.  All at the tax payers expense.  If I were to waste money on sneakers and blow, I wouldn't want people to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prolong my "life."

The hundreds of thousands of dollar that were used to prolong the "life" of a black like Linda Taylor were a complete waste.

Frankly I think all black babies should be aborted.

Wow. Context is everything.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »

I don't think Sam would be surprised he's a polarizing figure, muon.  Smiley

I understand that, but Morden's comment led me to expect something other than a near tie.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 02:26:06 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2014, 02:29:32 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

rl photo of sam spade:
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »

i like sam spade.

i do not like when he gets too much like markdel, which he has a tendency to do.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »

Gigantic ego aside, nice guy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »

Not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

rl photo of sam spade:

Ha.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »

Seems a little douchey. Can't say I immediately respect someone who waltzes in with a holier than thou attitude and casually drops that he "makes over six figures" but that it "goes nowhere in NYC."

Although I guess me calling someone douchey is a bit of a kettle/pot scenario.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »

Um, yeah, he did:

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »

Seems a little douchey. Can't say I immediately respect someone who waltzes in with a holier than thou attitude and casually drops that he "makes over six figures" but that it "goes nowhere in NYC."

Although I guess me calling someone douchey is a bit of a kettle/pot scenario.

Well yeah, here, it's absolutely nothing to write home about.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 10:39:17 PM »

No, earning six figures is a ton of money no matter where you live. Even with taxes and student loan debt.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 11:29:37 PM »

Credit where it's due to Inks for this hilarious exchange, including Sam's abrupt termination of it when he had no response.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies