1892 Conventions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:59:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1892 Conventions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Union Convention: Former Vice President Henry Adams of Massachusetts

Union Convention: Senator Eugene Hale of Maine

Union Convention: Representative Calvin Brice of Ohio

Union Convention: Governor Hazen Pingree of Michigan

People's Alliance Convention: Vice President Joseph Smith of Illinois

People's Alliance Convention: Senator William Allen of Nebraska

People's Alliance Convention: Alderman Henry George of New York

People's Alliance Convention: President Zebulon Vance of North Carolina

Whig Convention: President Zebulon Vance of North Carolina

Whig Convention: Fmr. Representative James Weaver of Iowa

Whig Convention: Representative Roger Mills of Texas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: 1892 Conventions  (Read 2322 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 11:13:40 AM »

Theoretically, we could have a Whig-PA merger soon and then run TR on their ticket sometime down the line for maximum Roosevelt potential. Then again, we probably shouldn't and wouldn't.

TR is a non-starter for me, as a presidential or vice-presidential nominee.  I don't see any reason to put that corporatist, war-mongerering bigot on any ticket.  His one real redeeming policy was his environmentalism, but we can get that elsewhere without nominating such an odious individual.  I should add that IRL, Henry Clay Frick was even quoted as saying "He got down on his knees to us.  We bought the son of a bitch."  The context of that quote was about Roosevelt asking Frick for money to ensure that he carried New York in the 1904 Presidential election.  Besides, the rural farmer and the urban worker must rise up and unite against the robber barons Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »

Theoretically, we could have a Whig-PA merger soon and then run TR on their ticket sometime down the line for maximum Roosevelt potential. Then again, we probably shouldn't and wouldn't.

TR is a non-starter for me, as a presidential or vice-presidential nominee.  I don't see any reason to put that corporatist, war-mongerering bigot on any ticket.  His one real redeeming policy was his environmentalism, but we can get that elsewhere without nominating such an odious individual.  I should add that IRL, Henry Clay Frick was even quoted as saying "He got down on his knees to us.  We bought the son of a bitch."  The context of that quote was about Roosevelt asking Frick for money to ensure that he carried New York in the 1904 Presidential election.  Besides, the rural farmer and the urban worker must rise up and unite against the robber barons Wink

Bryan/Debs 6ever?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »

Bryan/Debs 6ever?

Indeed
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »

Bryan/Debs 6ever?

I thought they disliked each other in real life?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »

Bryan/Debs 6ever?

I thought they disliked each other in real life?

Actually Debs campaigned quiet vigorously for him 1896.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies