SENATE BILL: Cheech and Chong Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:54:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Cheech and Chong Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Cheech and Chong Act (Law'd)  (Read 1429 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« on: May 02, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »

Oh, hi. Grin

I'm not a Senator, but this is a federal equivalent of something I wanted to pursue in the Northeast, so maybe I ought to speak up. (I had wanted to tackle it in the last session but it was too busy for me to get to.)

Anywho, I wouldn't be the first to advocate for a limit of personal possession, but four pounds is a lot.

Yankee is correct - at the time I was concerned that a completely unlimited amount wouldn't pass muster with the Assembly. I was also a bit concerned since the current (or previous marijuana law of 2011 or so rather) seemed a bit murky on the regulations.

Also, under Section 2, would this only apply to federal land? Or would the Department of Environmental Conservation and Land Management be handing out permits for regional parks too?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:17:24 PM »

Oh, hi. Grin

I'm not a Senator, but this is a federal equivalent of something I wanted to pursue in the Northeast, so maybe I ought to speak up. (I had wanted to tackle it in the last session but it was too busy for me to get to.)

Anywho, I wouldn't be the first to advocate for a limit of personal possession, but four pounds is a lot.

Yankee is correct - at the time I was concerned that a completely unlimited amount wouldn't pass muster with the Assembly. I was also a bit concerned since the current (or previous marijuana law of 2011 or so rather) seemed a bit murky on the regulations.

Also, under Section 2, would this only apply to federal land? Or would the Department of Environmental Conservation and Land Management be handing out permits for regional parks too?

Four ppunds for a whole year though?

Sorry I tarried in responding to this.

That's a fair point - perhaps it'd be better to delegate the limit to the regions.

In retrospect I'm not entirely sure just how one would go about enforcing limits for recreational use, given that without a drug war the overall enforcement is bound to be more lax.

Personally I approve of the amendment to Section 2, Clause 1, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies