Office of the White House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the White House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the White House  (Read 2561 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: March 29, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »

Do you feel it sends a dangerous precedent to suspend the rules in certain situations? Not that there is anything wrong with the proposed aid package being adapted quickly, but shouldn't the Senate adapt formal procedures for what bills can be moved up?

I have to agree with Mr. Akno here. This sets a horrible precedent for Presidential meddling in the legislative branch. While I believe that it is Atlasia's duty to send aid to those effected by this most recent earthquake I do not believe that the President should have the right to force the Senate to suspend the rules of this legislative body. Aid can also come from the President's office, IIRC, and I would support any Presidential mission to the area to begin with the relief efforts.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:33:56 AM »

Okay, when you get back:

Could you describe Atlasia's foreign policy in a paragraph?

Given the confusion surrounding February's federal election, do you think it would be necessary for the UN to send in observers?

What in the name of  are you talking about? This is the GMs god damn decision not the Presidents.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 12:28:53 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. President. It has been nice to work together. I thank you for being President and doing the best with your circumstances.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies