Overall, has Obamacare benefited or hurt you?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:42:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Overall, has Obamacare benefited or hurt you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Overall, has Obamacare benefited or hurt you?
Benefited

Hurt

No impact

Not an American

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Overall, has Obamacare benefited or hurt you?  (Read 2985 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »

How have you determined that it was directly attributable to Obamacare, rather than your standard yearly rate increase?

Generally speaking, increasing the quantity of services that must be supplied while increasing demand by threatening fines for those that do not purchase said services will increase the cost of said services.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »

How have you determined that it was directly attributable to Obamacare, rather than your standard yearly rate increase?

Generally speaking, increasing the quantity of services that must be supplied while increasing demand by threatening fines for those that do not purchase said services will increase the cost of said services.

He never said his benefits changed at all. Assuming he's on his parents' group plan, it's likely that it renewed in late 2013 to avoid Obamacare for one more year (and thanks to a recent decision, this will be allowed through 2016).  If this is the case, then the rate increase or decrease would have nothing to do with Obamacare.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 12:20:08 AM »

My rate increase via employer plan (United Healthcare) was less than the previous three years, though I have no idea whether the ACA had anything to do with that. 

I do have dreams of transitioning into early retirement/independent contracting in about 8 years and that's when I'm most hopeful of ACA being useful to me personally.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies