NE3: Scott Doctrine Repeal (Law) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:21:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE3: Scott Doctrine Repeal (Law) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE3: Scott Doctrine Repeal (Law)  (Read 1250 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: May 05, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »

I am strongly against this. Any attempt by any state to secede from the region should be met with swift action against it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:00:54 PM »

I am strongly against this. Any attempt by any state to secede from the region should be met with swift action against it.
This bill has nothing to do with secession from the Northeast. This bill (as well the one it repeals) regards a situation in which a State attempts to secede from the Federal government. I can understand not wanting to have a legal avenue through which the Northeast itself should secede and I would be willing to get rid of that part via amendment but there are way too many possible exceptions for us to be obligated to prevent secession by "any means necessary."

No there aren't. Get rid of it or keep it, it makes no matter, I don't support the bill.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »

This bill has nothing to do with secession from the Northeast. This bill (as well the one it repeals) regards a situation in which a State attempts to secede from the Federal government. I can understand not wanting to have a legal avenue through which the Northeast itself should secede and I would be willing to get rid of that part via amendment but there are way too many possible exceptions for us to be obligated to prevent secession by "any means necessary."

No there aren't. Get rid of it or keep it, it makes no matter, I don't support the bill.
So...if the Federal government were to attempt to force, say, racial segregation on the Regions, or attempted to outlaw labor unions, and a State attempted to secede as a result, you believe that the Regional government should be bound by law to send troops to that State and coercively prevent it from seceding?

Don't be silly. That's something that would never happen, which you and I both know. There are other ways to deal with something like that, namely at the ballot box. If something like that did happen, say the legislation to outlaw labor unions came about (A farcical notion considering the political alignments in Atlasia as a whole), then why should a state take such an action? Something like that would cause a national outrage and it would be dealt with on election day or even before that. I'm sorry but I can't envisage a scenario whereby a state may leave Atlasia and it can be considered constitutional.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:23:42 PM »

Be my guest then. If the Scott Doctrine is useless, then we should repeal it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:49:16 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies