Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187655 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: July 12, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »

I assume the pay decrease is for unplanned time off, like if you woke up with a headache and decided to call in sick? Or is it if you just don't show up and don't tell them?

Either way, the legality of pay reductions in those cases is really questionable, but HR laws do differ from state to state. However, I think it is bad policy if they're docking your pay in actual paid leave situations, but maybe they've found some loophole where they just don't have to pay someone as much for using paid time off.

On the other stuff ... forget the faith part. Doesn't Xahar's graph scare the hell out of you? What's it going to take for a real wake-up call?

On the first bolded point - yes, if I have a headache and call in, but didn't plan it before hand, then that would be docked.  Also, if I am a no call no show.

On the second bolded point - if the leave is scheduled and documented prior to the occurrance, then it won't affect the pay.

I'm not saying I don't like their policy ... I actually do, as it's a hedge against abuse of paid leave. However, I question the legality of it. I suppose Oklahoma laws may be different, but typically, PTO is PTO, and no one plans a health emergency (though they'll certainly fake them). A manager can choose whether or not to allow the employee to use their PTO, and then the absence becomes unexcused if PTO is not allowed, but then it's no pay for the day and does not (or shouldn't) impact the rest of a week's pay.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1351 on: July 12, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

No, and I have not had time since I started work.

Yeah, it is hard to squeeze in a call between cheeseburgers on a 90 minute lunch break.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1352 on: July 12, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »

Bushie are you still struggling with your addiction to adult movies?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1353 on: July 12, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »

I assume the pay decrease is for unplanned time off, like if you woke up with a headache and decided to call in sick? Or is it if you just don't show up and don't tell them?

Either way, the legality of pay reductions in those cases is really questionable, but HR laws do differ from state to state. However, I think it is bad policy if they're docking your pay in actual paid leave situations, but maybe they've found some loophole where they just don't have to pay someone as much for using paid time off.

On the other stuff ... forget the faith part. Doesn't Xahar's graph scare the hell out of you? What's it going to take for a real wake-up call?

On the first bolded point - yes, if I have a headache and call in, but didn't plan it before hand, then that would be docked.  Also, if I am a no call no show.

On the second bolded point - if the leave is scheduled and documented prior to the occurrance, then it won't affect the pay.

I'm not saying I don't like their policy ... I actually do, as it's a hedge against abuse of paid leave. However, I question the legality of it. I suppose Oklahoma laws may be different, but typically, PTO is PTO, and no one plans a health emergency (though they'll certainly fake them). A manager can choose whether or not to allow the employee to use their PTO, and then the absence becomes unexcused if PTO is not allowed, but then it's no pay for the day and does not (or shouldn't) impact the rest of a week's pay.

Of course, there are exceptions.  The example was used yesterday if someone gets hit by a semi coming into work, then naturally that won't affect the pay.  If someone needs to be hospitalized or has an accident over the weekend that requires a Monday appointment, then that would probably not affect it.  But, if it's just routine "I don't feel good" days, then that would affect it.  Obviously, it's a case-by-case basis.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1354 on: July 12, 2014, 02:53:44 PM »

Why can't you just accept the fact that I finished school and got a 78% on my classes?

I can't speak for anyone else, and I'm not necessarily saying you're lying/withholding some of the truth, but surely you can see how something smells fishy about this to an outside observer?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1355 on: July 12, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »

Bushie are you still struggling with your addiction to adult movies?

No, I'm not, really.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1356 on: July 12, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »

I still think I remember him saying that he needed at least an 80 to get credit for the course but I could be wrong (and I'm too lazy to try and find that particular Update passage).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1357 on: July 12, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

Yeah, it is hard to squeeze in a call between cheeseburgers on a 90 minute lunch break.

Or in between the plethora of posts made on this forum on a daily basis.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1358 on: July 12, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »

I still think I remember him saying that he needed at least an 80 to get credit for the course but I could be wrong (and I'm too lazy to try and find that particular Update passage).

You must have misheard.  60 is the cut-off.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1359 on: July 12, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »

You did say it was 80%.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1360 on: July 12, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »

You did say it was 80%.

Interesting, then I must have misspoke.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1361 on: July 12, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »

78% still sucks, especially when you said you were doing great and going to graduate with high honors.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1362 on: July 12, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

You're going to need a better cop-out than that.  When are you going to call them?  Date and time, please.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1363 on: July 12, 2014, 04:34:46 PM »

78% still sucks, especially when you said you were doing great and going to graduate with high honors.

I know, and I believe I've mentioned here before I'm not exactly thrilled with that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1364 on: July 12, 2014, 04:35:37 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2014, 04:43:51 PM by memphis »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

You're going to need a better cop-out than that.  When are you going to call them?  Date and time, please.
He already said he would call them as soon as the 4th of July weekend is over. Get off his back already.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1365 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »

bushie, have you heard back from metrotech about your certificate?

and that pay policy of your current employer is horrible.  that should be a warning sign right there.

Walter, would you drop the certificate, please?  Why can't you just accept the fact that I finished school and got a 78% on my classes.  It's not a hard concept to grasp except for those who WANT to constantly badger me about it and who refuse to believe.

Avoid the question and answer a question that wasn't asked.

Bushie, you really should just become a politician. I mean, between your ability to spin half-truths and your overt displays of religiosity, you could easily make it in the Oklahoma state legislature.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1366 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.

Yes, Protestantism truly is a horror.

But what about my type of Protestantism? And Nathan's too which is also extremely difference from what Bushie talks about.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1367 on: July 12, 2014, 05:58:21 PM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.

Yes, Protestantism truly is a horror.

But what about my type of Protestantism? And Nathan's too which is also extremely difference from what Bushie talks about.

In fairness my type of Protestantism is only really Protestant in that it's not RC or Orthodox. 'Reformed but not Protestant, Catholic but not Roman' is, along with various variants in wording, a High Church Anglican catchphrase of long standing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1368 on: July 12, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »

We've covered Bushie's religious beliefs before. Yes, they are much different than any other form of Christianity, but he's never going to change his mind there, and none of us know who is right and won't until we die.

I find it bizarre that he believes you can do whatever you want in life and still get into heaven because you claim to believe, but more power to him.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1369 on: July 12, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2014, 06:15:55 PM by the blue man group won't cure depression »

Bushie should heed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY71sGhf1Ac
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1370 on: July 12, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »

We've covered Bushie's religious beliefs before. Yes, they are much different than any other form of Christianity, but he's never going to change his mind there, and none of us know who is right and won't until we die.

I find it bizarre that he believes you can do whatever you want in life and still get into heaven because you claim to believe, but more power to him.

Do NOT mock his faith!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1371 on: July 12, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »

The SBC is not the only Evangelical denomination. There are many flavors of salvation by faith alone Christianity.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1372 on: July 12, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »

I like when Bushie uses the term "finished" instead of "graduated".   There's a reason for it, right Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1373 on: July 12, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »

I like when Bushie uses the term "finished" instead of "graduated".   There's a reason for it, right Bushie?

No, in this context the terms are synonymous.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1374 on: July 12, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »

When are you going to call them?  Date and time, please.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies