Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:00:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 185050 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »

Folks, I am going to cease this latest dialogue at the end of the night.  I want to go back to my desire of no Update.  I just felt I had to respond to the accusations raised a page ago.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »

Folks, I am going to cease this latest dialogue at the end of the night.  I want to go back to my desire of no Update.  I just felt I had to respond to the accusations raised a page ago.

Sad Sad Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2014, 08:47:25 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Jeff, do you have a rough idea of when the official proposal might be coming? Does Allison herself already roughly know when it might be coming?

I am hoping sometime in July.  (I have a fetish for doing it on July 4).  She knows it is coming, and probably knows sometime this summer, but is not sure of when.  I still have to talk it over with her dad over dinner first and ask his permission.  That's just how we both were raised.  She is still her father's daughter until a man takes her to be his wife and it is courtesy for the man to ask the father for permission to marry his daughter.  My goal is to keep her in the dark until I physically drop to one knee.

Oh, and as of right now, I will probably start off with a Walmart ring since I obviously don't have the money to finance a full ring...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »

As for eating out, Bushie can't cook and doesn't want to learn how, so of course he will eat out every night! No need to beat this dead horse again.

Does he literally eat out every night, or does he sometimes heat up frozen pizza or whatever, that you can do at home, but doesn't actually require "cooking"?  Whatever happened to "I can make spaghetti with some assistance"?

ive got a couple frozen pizzas in the freezer.   They will be consumed.

At any cost!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »

Jeff, do you have a rough idea of when the official proposal might be coming? Does Allison herself already roughly know when it might be coming?

I am hoping sometime in July.  (I have a fetish for doing it on July 4).  She knows it is coming, and probably knows sometime this summer, but is not sure of when.  I still have to talk it over with her dad over dinner first and ask his permission.  That's just how we both were raised.  She is still her father's daughter until a man takes her to be his wife and it is courtesy for the man to ask the father for permission to marry his daughter.  My goal is to keep her in the dark until I physically drop to one knee.

Hmm, why July 4th? Want to watch fireworks with her after you propose? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »

A Wal-Mart ring is a full ring.  Only rich people getting married should buy rich people rings.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »

I am hoping sometime in July.  (I have a fetish for doing it on July 4).  She knows it is coming, and probably knows sometime this summer, but is not sure of when.  I still have to talk it over with her dad over dinner first and ask his permission.  That's just how we both were raised.  She is still her father's daughter until a man takes her to be his wife and it is courtesy for the man to ask the father for permission to marry his daughter.  My goal is to keep her in the dark until I physically drop to one knee.

It's a day we'll both have off and yes, I think that mid-summer holiday is a nice, romantic time.  I've got plans on how to do it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2014, 08:52:01 PM »

It's a day we'll both have off and yes, I think that mid-summer holiday is a nice, romantic time.  I've got plans on how to do it.

Plus you can start listening to Christmas music together after the fireworks!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

Plus you can start listening to Christmas music together after the fireworks!

Haha! I doubt she will have anything to do with Christmas until Thanksgiving.  I will listen to Christmas Music on my way home.  This will also be the last year of putting my tree up in October.  It will be Thanksgiving evening or Black Friday starting in 2015...  She won't stop me from listening to Christmas music on my own, but she won't join in until at least after her birthday (November 22).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »

Will you guys set a date for the wedding together?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:54 PM »

We've had a date in place for quite a while - June 6, 2015.  That could change, and we will make it official, but everything we're doing is in preparation for that date.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »

Independence Day seems an inauspicious time for a proposal.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:51 PM »

It's happening! Just make sure you don't throw out your back when you get down to one knee!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:39 PM »

Still hoping we get that livestream of the event but June 6th, 2015 is gonna be crazy on here either way. July 4th of this year could be pretty wild too...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »

Can we end this thread? I do not want another Update. Please.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2014, 09:46:56 PM »

Nope. If you don't want it, stop reading it and posting in it (as you've done repeatedly).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2014, 01:19:22 AM »

We've had a date in place for quite a while - June 6, 2015.  That could change, and we will make it official, but everything we're doing is in preparation for that date.

An Independence Day proposal and D-Day wedding?  Sounds very patriotic.

Also, I guess this thread is Update XV?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2014, 03:00:24 AM »

I haven't looked at this thread since it first began, and now I see there are 10 pages. Is it worth reading? As in, how many pages are there of Bushie totally not resuming Update in any way, shape or form?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »

bushie your focus should be solely on getting a job and a steady flow of income.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2014, 10:47:46 AM »

bushie your focus should be solely on getting a job and a steady flow of income.

He has a steady flow of income as a professional son.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »

"I have a FETISH for doing it on July 4th"

^ if anybody needed more convincing that Bushie IS America...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »

A proposal followed by fireworks and grilled hamburgers. I couldn't think of anything better!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »

A proposal followed by fireworks and grilled hamburgers. I couldn't think of anything better!

I wish I could be there!  I'd bring my famous potato salad.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »

Nope. If you don't want it, stop reading it and posting in it (as you've done repeatedly).

Well at least then, rename it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2014, 01:53:05 AM »

Diet Update:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/rph/241/1140502/56119/oklahoma-curly-s-old-fashioned-hamburgers-curly-s-old-fashioned-hamburgers-photo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies