Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 05:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 190008 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 11, 2014, 09:08:04 AM »

i mean this in the nicest way possible - but you should take your own advice on this one.

please.
for the good of everyone.

You're not kidding...  I'm trying...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: June 11, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »

Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.
Roll Eyes
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #427 on: June 11, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »

Guys, things are not how I want them, but that doesn't mean they are horrible and pitiful right now.  I've made mistakes, but that doesn't make me a horrible manchild.  I am doing the absolute best job I can trying to get out of this current situation.  Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems GHat the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.  My faith is genuine and it is real and it is active.  My God is a good God and He is in control and concerned about EVERY little detail of my life.

This is heresy. You need help.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #428 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:05 AM »

Guys, things are not how I want them, but that doesn't mean they are horrible and pitiful right now.  I've made mistakes, but that doesn't make me a horrible manchild.  I am doing the absolute best job I can trying to get out of this current situation.  Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.  My faith is genuine and it is real and it is active.  My God is a good God and He is in control and concerned about EVERY little detail of my life.

Jeff, God watching over you doesn't guarantee you a job, money, or even a house. There are, after all, homeless people. Sometimes God steps back and let's us do our thing. It's called free will. You continue to use God as a crutch and think he's going to intervene to ensure you get a job.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #429 on: June 11, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »

Jeff, I think it's time to turn to Islam. Let Allah show you the path to righteousness.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »

Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.
Roll Eyes

It's perfectly possible (and even rational) to strongly criticize Bushie's beliefs even from a Christan perspective.
I can't fathom how one can hold such contradictory beliefs and then claim nobody can possibly deny it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »

Bushie, is there a specific job you would like to get?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:58 AM »

I'm curious as to what sort of job other Update fans think Bushie could hold down successfully. I'm not especially sympathetic to his case at this point, but it is clear to me that he is hopelessly unemployable. I say that not with the purpose of insulting him but merely to state a fact that seems clear enough.  He can't help who he is, and it's sad his family can't grasp it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #433 on: June 11, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »

I'm curious as to what sort of job other Update fans think Bushie could hold down successfully. I'm not especially sympathetic to his case at this point, but it is clear to me that he is hopelessly unemployable. I say that not with the purpose of insulting him but merely to state a fact that seems clear enough.  He can't help who he is, and it's sad his family can't grasp it.

All I can say is I'm trying the best I can to get a job and I believe I'll have one before too long.  I'm not taking your post as an insult, just that it is incorrect.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #434 on: June 11, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »

Bushie, is there a specific job you would like to get?

Bushie?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #435 on: June 11, 2014, 10:18:38 AM »

"Someone once told me, 'Time is a flat circle.' Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again."
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #436 on: June 11, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

I certainly hope he's going for CADD jobs so that his certificate (assuming he's received it by now?) wasn't worthless.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #437 on: June 11, 2014, 10:31:01 AM »

The truly scary thing here is that Bushie is an actual preacher. He's actually authorised to go stand at some lectern and talk to people about what the Bible means. That is the really horrifying thing here.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #438 on: June 11, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »

I certainly hope he's going for CADD jobs so that his certificate (assuming he's received it by now?) wasn't worthless.
From a completely utilitarian standpoint, this is not the correct way of viewing the situation. The CADD program is over. There's no potential for a refund. It's a sunk cost. At this point, he should look for the best job he can get, however quantified.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #439 on: June 11, 2014, 10:56:29 AM »

Unfortunately, when someone makes a statement like "it's okay, I have all the money in the world thanks to my parents," it's hard to have sympathy for them.

Bushie has never taken responsibility for anything in his life; he merely deflects the blame to god or to others.

I have said for years that he should go on disability and stop working, but his pride is so great that he'd rather take money from his parents continuously rather than take initiative for himself, which I hate to see, but in a sense, they are just as at fault for allowing him to do that.

All I know is, if it was me, my parents would have cut me off long ago, or at the very least, would not be paying for me to live unemployed in an apartment in a different city, and I am 100% sure my family has more money than Bushie's, and that makes it even sadder.

Once again, I also fundamentally disagree with him on his views on God. I am Greek Orthodox on some days, but I believe in free will and self sufficiency. God isn't going to walk me through each day. My failures are my failure and my successes are my successes. If you sit back and wait and wait for god to deliver you a job, it's not going to happen.

But that goes back to my point. I don't believe Bushie is physically or emotionally able to hold a full time job. Or even mentally, not because I think he's a dumb, because I don't, but because he has the mental perseverance of a 3 year old. I say all of this as someone who hasn't left his house in a week and has been studying for the bar exam 12 hours a day. Bushie's problems and life seems so far removed from me right now and so petty in comparison. He's lucky his parents and inner circle don't value success or making something out of one's life.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #440 on: June 11, 2014, 11:02:13 AM »

I'm not buying Bushie is "doing all he can" to find a job.  I'm not buying he's being efficient with his time.  I'm not buying he's actually spending most of it applying for jobs.  I'm not buying that his "leads" are even leads and not just jobs he applied for and likes.

It goes against who he is for any of that to be true.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #441 on: June 11, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2014, 12:18:23 PM by Malcolm X »

I am genuinely curious, why exactly do you guys think this lazy, self-centered, lying creep will actually take any of your advice?  This has been going on for how long now?  Does BushOklahoma act any better now than he did when this started?  Of course not, but people still seem to rationalize giving him attention and egging him on.  What is even the argument for rewarding him with more attention?  
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #442 on: June 11, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »

Have you ever paid off a major credit card or loan you've taken out in full? And I mean with money you earned from an employer, not money that your parents gave you in the first place or for cutting the grass for grandma. Now you're wasting even more borrowed money! Guess where that debt's going to end up? How old is your dad? You're single-handedly adding years to his retirement date; even when he's eligible for Social Security, he's going to have to be working at least part-time to keep his 40 year-old manchild's worthless student loan debt from ruining a future that you've already thrown in the trash with all of those excuses you make. But of course, you have ample money!

Stop borrowing money. You don't need it, you don't deserve it and you haven't earned it - not even the privilege to borrow money. You should be blacklisted from ever borrowing another red cent, and so should your parents until they learn to tell you no. They're already spending enough money to feed two people, and if you can't make it on your own, then the least you could do is wallow on back home so they don't have to foot the bill for yet another self-aborted attempt at success.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #443 on: June 11, 2014, 11:37:27 AM »

I'm not buying Bushie is "doing all he can" to find a job.  I'm not buying he's being efficient with his time.  I'm not buying he's actually spending most of it applying for jobs.  I'm not buying that his "leads" are even leads and not just jobs he applied for and likes.

It goes against who he is for any of that to be true.

He's finding jobs he likes and then calling them his dream job before he even gets it, and while he's waiting, he tells current or potential employers that he's waiting on X job when he has no reason to think he will actually get it. It's all part of his arrogance and pride, two qualities that have always been his downfall. It's lost him countless jobs, wasted thousands of his parents money, and led him to where he is today.

If you're being constantly lied to and fooled by employers, it may be time to consider that perhaps you are the one that has the issue, not them. I don't believe every single place he's worked in the past has just tricked him. He knows what he's doing and he knows it's wrong, but he does it anyway.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #444 on: June 11, 2014, 11:52:56 AM »

Zero offers from CAD employers bothers me.  Something is going on we don't know.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #445 on: June 11, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »

Guys, things are not how I want them, but that doesn't mean they are horrible and pitiful right now.  I've made mistakes, but that doesn't make me a horrible manchild.  I am doing the absolute best job I can trying to get out of this current situation.  Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.  My faith is genuine and it is real and it is active.  My God is a good God and He is in control and concerned about EVERY little detail of my life.

Oh, I don't think any Christian could deny that God is concerned about the details of your life.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #446 on: June 11, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »

Oh, I don't think any Christian could deny that God is concerned about the details of your life.

He can't separate concern from complete control and he never will be able to.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #447 on: June 11, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »

Zero offers from CAD employers bothers me.  Something is going on we don't know.

Right, he's doing something terrible in the interviews or his grades were a lot poorer than we thought. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #448 on: June 11, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »

Right, he's doing something terrible in the interviews or his grades were a lot poorer than we thought. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

Or he didn't get his CAD certificate which means he didn't finish the program......much more likely.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »

Bushie, God helps peolpe who help themselves. Have you ever heard or understood about the drowning man and the 3 boats?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies