Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:29:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187519 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: June 11, 2014, 12:22:58 PM »

Zero offers from CAD employers bothers me.  Something is going on we don't know.

Right, he's doing something terrible in the interviews or his grades were a lot poorer than we thought. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

Or he didn't get his CAD certificate which means he didn't finish the program......much more likely.

I think he got it, although maybe I'm giving too much credit to him. It is odd he's not getting anything. It's possible he has been lying about applying to CADD jobs given he's only received offers from call centers.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #451 on: June 11, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »

Didn't he promise to submit evidence of his certificate as soon as he received it. A photo or something just to prove everybody wrong. Whatever happened to that?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #452 on: June 11, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »

Didn't he promise to submit evidence of his certificate as soon as he received it. A photo or something just to prove everybody wrong. Whatever happened to that?

If it's like an actual university they can forever to print up those damn things. Took 3-4 months to get my degrees. Also took 4 months to get a LOMA certificate mailed to me too so he legitimately might not have it yet if you believe he actually recieved it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #453 on: June 11, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2014, 12:30:16 PM by Simfan34 »

Bushie was on track to get his certificate, but I know he had a few assignments outstanding... were they poor enough to disqualify him? That doesn't seem overly likely, to be fair.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #454 on: June 11, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

It's possible he doesn't have it yet. I didn't get my college diploma until July 2011 and I graduated in early May.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #455 on: June 11, 2014, 01:29:10 PM »

Sorry, I was looking for a job and got caught up in the time.  I would prefer a CAD job, but as Memphis pointed out, I can't exactly be picky right now, so I'm applying to customer service jobs, as well.

What I mean by three good leads is leads that are in the middle of the interview phase or awaiting the final decision, jobs that I feel I have a good chance of getting.  I do not count jobs that I have only applied to as leads.  Naturally, all I can do is apply and do my best on the interviews.  I cannot ultimately make their decision for them, otherwise I would have gotten that job in March right after I finished school in Oklahoma City.  I'm confident that one of these jobs will come through for me.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #456 on: June 11, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

What's the longest job that Bushie's ever held?  ONG?  How long did that last?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »

What's the longest job that Bushie's ever held?  ONG?  How long did that last?

Yes, but from the sound of it, he was pretty much on his way out from there too given they made no effort to keep him when he resigned.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #458 on: June 11, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »

bushie do you have the cadd certificate?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #459 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:56 PM »

I certainly hope he's going for CADD jobs so that his certificate (assuming he's received it by now?) wasn't worthless.

Jeff, did you ever get the certificate, out of curiosity?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »

I certainly hope he's going for CADD jobs so that his certificate (assuming he's received it by now?) wasn't worthless.

Surprisingly (not surprisingly) I haven't.  I keep watching for it, but then either Monday or yesterday in my e-mail, I received notification that he just finished grading a couple of assignments.  The school year just ended last Thursday, I believe, so maybe he's just now having a chance to really close down the school year.  He'll have to grade quick, because school starts for the 2014-2015 year in less than two months (early August) and he's got a lot of revamping and rewriting of the curriculum to do before August rolls around.

I haven't checked the grades in quite a while, so I couldn't tell you how I did on those assignments, officially.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »

Surprisingly (not surprisingly) I haven't.  I keep watching for it, but then either Monday or yesterday in my e-mail, I received notification that he just finished grading a couple of assignments.  The school year just ended last Thursday, I believe, so maybe he's just now having a chance to really close down the school year.  He'll have to grade quick, because school starts for the 2014-2015 year in less than two months (early August) and he's got a lot of revamping and rewriting of the curriculum to do before August rolls around.

I haven't checked the grades in quite a while, so I couldn't tell you how I did on those assignments, officially.
You'll be fine; Russ Powers of Oklahoma doesn't let his students fail.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:32 PM »

Bushie naps for six hours today and is mad because we think he's a lazy.   Lol.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2014, 07:43:46 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Why on earth did you post something from my Facebook?  Do you seriously think it's perfectly acceptable to post information from Bushie's Facebook?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »

Why are you speaking in the third person?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #465 on: June 11, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »

Why are you speaking in the third person?

I was trying to make a point of my Facebook versus other Facebook accounts.

Anyway, I did sleep a good chunk of the day, but that was just because I could not get going today.  Everybody has those days where they just can't do anything.  I went to a meeting with a recruiter this morning at 9:30 in Midtown Tulsa, but when I came home, I was so sleepy that I had to take a nap.  This was about 10:30.  I woke up about 13:00, ate lunch and did a little job search, but still could not keep my eyes open, so I laid back down from 14:00-14:30.  I got up and did a little more job search, but still could not stay awake, so I laid down from 15:15-15:55 and got up and did a little more job search while watching the news until 17:00.  I am still extremely tired and feel I could fall asleep right away.  I'm trying to be a little productive this evening since I wasn't too productive today, but I am yawning pretty big right now.  I should turn in early tonight so I can get a good night's sleep and have a better day tomorrow.  I still keep monitoring my resources I can apply to, but in the spotty day today, I haven't applied anywhere.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #466 on: June 11, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

Why on earth did you post something from my Facebook?  Do you seriously think it's perfectly acceptable to post information from Bushie's Facebook?

Taking a 6 hour nap isn't news really. You've been doing this for years and it explains a lot.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2014, 08:35:57 PM »

At this point, you've made it implicitly clear that it is acceptable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »

That's true, I haven't been consistent in being angered about this practice.  I'll take the blame for that one.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #469 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »

Guys, things are not how I want them, but that doesn't mean they are horrible and pitiful right now.  I've made mistakes, but that doesn't make me a horrible manchild.  I am doing the absolute best job I can trying to get out of this current situation.  Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.  My faith is genuine and it is real and it is active.  My God is a good God and He is in control and concerned about EVERY little detail of my life.

Oh, I don't think any Christian could deny that God is concerned about the details of your life.

He can't separate concern from complete control and he never will be able to.

Yeah. If anything I'd say that God is likely very concerned about Bushie, because Bushie has not oriented his life in a direction remotely in accord with God's control.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #470 on: June 11, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »

That's true, I haven't been consistent in being angered about this practice.  I'll take the blame for that one.

Again, if someone keeps posting your FB info here after you've warned them not to, just de-friend them.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #471 on: June 11, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »

Haha ohhhh Bushie sounds like my granddad. He's always napping in front of the TV!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #472 on: June 11, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »

Bushie's in significantly worse physical shape than any of my septuagenarian aunts and uncles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »

I'm still yawning almost uncontrollably and my stomach is starting to hurt, so I'm going to take some Tylenol and go to bed.  I don't have any place I have to go tomorrow, so it will give me several good hours in front of the computer looking for a job and making/answering phone calls.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »

Why on Earth would someone who's unemployed need to take a nap anyway? (much less a six hour one) It'd only make sense if you were sick or something or just did a very heavy workout (and we all know what the odds of Bushie doing that is...)

Bushie's taking naps as long as the sleep I got the last couple nights. Wow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies