Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:09:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187341 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »

Brother!? Is this game over for Our Dear Friend?

Don't knock Bushie's brother.  The man served 20+ years in the Navy and seems as normal as can be.

I honor his service, but you know what, I'm just as successful as he is and am no less of a man that you seem to have implied.

I wasn't mocking his brother at all, but rather suggesting that if his brother is calling him out things must be changing. But this above is a ludicrous statement.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #601 on: June 20, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »

Brother!? Is this game over for Our Dear Friend?

Don't knock Bushie's brother.  The man served 20+ years in the Navy and seems as normal as can be.

I honor his service, but you know what, I'm just as successful as he is and am no less of a man that you seem to have implied.

No you're not. I'm not saying that to be mean. I'm just stating a fact that is abundantly clear to anyone who has read more than a page or two of any Update thread.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #602 on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

I will admit that was a very prideful statement that I made.  I will say, though, success is not only determined by what job you have or what you do on earth.  True success is determined by your love for the LORD and the people He created.  Things accumulated or done in this life will ultimately turn to dust.  That said,  I honor my brothers service and thank him when I get the chance.   That doesn't mean I'm not successful.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #603 on: June 20, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »

So are you saying you love God more than your brother?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »

I will admit that was a very prideful statement that I made.  I will say, though, success is not only determined by what job you have or what you do on earth.  True success is determined by your love for the LORD and the people He created.  Things accumulated or done in this life will ultimately turn to dust.  That said,  I honor my brothers service and thank him when I get the chance.   That doesn't mean I'm not successful.

You don't think success might involve...finishing what you start or taking responsibility for your actions?

You think it's out of "love" for God's children that you dump all your debt and problems on the mother and father who brought you into this world?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

As usual, taking my words out of context.  I will not answer these mocks of my faith.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #606 on: June 20, 2014, 08:31:32 PM »

Fine. Hide behind your religion like the rest of your Bible Belt brethren in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and elsewhere.

It goes miles in explaining why you're all overweight, underemployed and more prone to everything from diabetes to divorce.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #607 on: June 20, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »

Jeff, this has been said many times but you really should make a serious effort to get in shape.  It will have amazing physical and mental results. This will lead to more confidence and productivity. I was profoundly overweight for a long time. This leads to a cycle of feeling like crap all the time and general laziness. Simple tasks become hard. Get motivated, organized, set goals and a path to achieve them. Develop plans and execute them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: June 20, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

Anyway, let's move on to a happier topic.   Date 12 is tomorrow.   She's coming to Tulsa and we'll have lunch somewhere and then watch a couple movies rented from one of those Red box stands.  We're trying to stay cheap since I don't have a job.

Since I don't have a job right now,  there will likely be no engagement on the Fourth of July.  I hope to be able to propose to her by August 1.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #609 on: June 20, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »

do some exercising, bushie.  you are literally wasting away.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #610 on: June 20, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »

How can you marry her if you can't provide for her? That is unbiblical.

Also, being 300 pounds also counts against that I'm sure. I can't even imagine how... ugh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »

Jeff, this has been said many times but you really should make a serious effort to get in shape.  It will have amazing physical and mental results. This will lead to more confidence and productivity. I was profoundly overweight for a long time. This leads to a cycle of feeling like crap all the time and general laziness. Simple tasks become hard. Get motivated, organized, set goals and a path to achieve them. Develop plans and execute them.

I am starting to realize my weight is a large part of the reason my body acts like a 60 year old man. (No disrespect to Torie).  I am starting to realize the first place I have to start is cut out fast food.  That alone will cut down a lot of weight.  I've gained 10 pounds since I moved to Tulsa two months ago.  I'm back to 283.  I didn't help my cause today as I had Sonic for lunch and ordered pizza for supper.   Tomorrow's lunch likely won't be much better.  I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.  One good thing,  though,  is I'm starting to like salad.  I get the salad bar at most of the places I go now.  Unfortunately,  that's being downed with Coke and followed by a steak.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #612 on: June 20, 2014, 08:45:20 PM »

Also, being 300 pounds also counts against that I'm sure. I can't even imagine how... ugh.

I think she weights more than Bushie to be honest.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: June 20, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »

You're right,  I can't provide for her right now.  That's why im not even going to ask her dad until I have a job.   He needs to be reassured I can take care of his baby girl financially as well as all other aspects of a marriage.

Trust me,  I'm starting to become repulsed by my size.   I'm not quite 300 lbs, but I'm close.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: June 20, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »

I think she weights more than Bushie to be honest.

Yes,  she does,  but that's no excuse.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

I'm no svelte guy myself, but let me give you some advice, and not just because of the extremity of this case--never ever ever tell anyone your girlfriend's weight!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #616 on: June 20, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »

I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.

What are some examples of things you'll eat for dinner on days when you don't go out to eat?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »

Anyway, let's move on to a happier topic.   Date 12 is tomorrow.   She's coming to Tulsa and we'll have lunch somewhere and then watch a couple movies rented from one of those Red box stands.  We're trying to stay cheap since I don't have a job.

Neither of you guys have a Netflix account?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »

I am starting to realize the first place I have to start is cut out fast food.  That alone will cut down a lot of weight.  I've gained 10 pounds since I moved to Tulsa two months ago.  I'm back to 283.  I didn't help my cause today as I had Sonic for lunch and ordered pizza for supper.   Tomorrow's lunch likely won't be much better.  I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.  One good thing,  though,  is I'm starting to like salad.  I get the salad bar at most of the places I go now.  Unfortunately,  that's being downed with Coke and followed by a steak.

These things haven't happened yet. Why don't you try something healthier? I mean it's not overly hard. You just don't eat awful food. I mean, you used to go on about Diet Dr. Pepper. What happened to that? Substituting that (or Diet Coke) for Coke wouldn't hurt you, at the very least. For lunch tomorrow, why don't you eat something healthier?

Salad does you no good if you're having a steak afterwards. If it's a matter of not feeling full, try eating some fruit or vegetables with a lot of water in them- celery, grapes, watermelon, and the like. The water will fill you up, without all the calories. As for drinks, I can tell you like fizz- I do too. So drink seltzer. I drink a lot of seltzer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: June 20, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »

I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.

What are some examples of things you'll eat for dinner on days when you don't go out to eat?

Not entirely sure, yet.  I'll probably get some vegetables, fruits, probably some lean meats/poultry.  I'm going to start looking up recipes online and try to fix them.  I'll get some of the usual frozen burritos, frozen bagel bites, and the like so I can have some variety, but I'm going to try to mix in some healthier items.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2014, 09:19:37 PM »

I am starting to realize the first place I have to start is cut out fast food.  That alone will cut down a lot of weight.  I've gained 10 pounds since I moved to Tulsa two months ago.  I'm back to 283.  I didn't help my cause today as I had Sonic for lunch and ordered pizza for supper.   Tomorrow's lunch likely won't be much better.  I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.  One good thing,  though,  is I'm starting to like salad.  I get the salad bar at most of the places I go now.  Unfortunately,  that's being downed with Coke and followed by a steak.

These things haven't happened yet. Why don't you try something healthier? I mean it's not overly hard. You just don't eat awful food. I mean, you used to go on about Diet Dr. Pepper. What happened to that? Substituting that (or Diet Coke) for Coke wouldn't hurt you, at the very least. For lunch tomorrow, why don't you eat something healthier?

Salad does you no good if you're having a steak afterwards. If it's a matter of not feeling full, try eating some fruit or vegetables with a lot of water in them- celery, grapes, watermelon, and the like. The water will fill you up, without all the calories. As for drinks, I can tell you like fizz- I do too. So drink seltzer. I drink a lot of seltzer.

I do drink mostly Diet Dr Pepper in the house, but get regular soda when I go out.  I need to switch entirely to diet drinks, tea, and water.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2014, 09:22:15 PM »

Why do you drink regular soda outside of the house? What's so hard about diet soda? Why am I still giving you advice when I've harped on for years about the futility of doing so?

I mean you say you "need' to. But you don't. God has given you this body, as a gift. Respect it accordingly. Do not desecrate or defile it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:30 PM »

Why do you drink regular soda outside of the house? What's so hard about diet soda? Why am I still giving you advice when I've harped on for years about the futility of doing so?

I mean you say you "need' to. But you don't. God has given you this body, as a gift. Respect it accordingly. Do not desecrate or defile it.

Like I said, I need to switch to all diet in and out of the house.

I am well aware of the gluttony warning.  It's not easy, though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »

Describe the difficulty to me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »

You probably shouldn't be drinking soda at all.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies