Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:48:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187328 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: July 03, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »

3 hours total for a wedding and reception?? In what world? The reception should last 4-5 hours at least.

Anyway, I guess you're right. I remember the last girl I was serious with looked at a ring that was $10,000 and I thought that was reasonable. I think my grandmother's old ring was appraised for $11,000 after she died. We've kept that in the family.

And I'm not sure if Bushie has a cause of action against his mother. I'll get back to you on that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1026 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »

3 hours total for a wedding and reception?? In what world? The reception should last 4-5 hours at least.

Anyway, I guess you're right. I remember the last girl I was serious with looked at a ring that was $10,000 and I thought that was reasonable. I think my grandmother's old ring was appraised for $11,000 after she died. We've kept that in the family.

And I'm not sure if Bushie has a cause of action against his mother. I'll get back to you on that.

Why would I bite the hand that fed me as a youngster?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1027 on: July 03, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »

Why would I bite the hand that fed me as a youngster?

hypothetical bushie.

you gave her an item for safekeeping.  if she lost it, you might have a legal case.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1028 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

It's quite obvious he didn't receive the certificate. He's stalling until he can cook up a 'plausible' excuse as to why he won't be getting it. The lingering question is why: did he flunk on score, attendance, or messed up some paperwork?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1029 on: July 03, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2014, 11:40:54 AM by memphis »

Wedding rings are rarely expensive. Engagement rings are where things often get pricey. And it's not even about the value of the gold or diamonds. The cost of everything wedding related is extremely inflated just because people are emotional and will pay crazy prices. A $5,000 new ring at retail could easily fetch <$2,000 on the secondary market even though rings are extremely durable and usually don't even look used once properly cleaned.And, of course, there is also a glut of bitter, divorced people who are also in need of cash.
I'm also very strongly of the opinion that a woman who "needs" a ring that costs several thousand dollars isn't mature enough to get married, but that's not my problem. It's nice to see Bushie take a reasonable attitude toward finances for once, but he is having some verb tense problems. His mother is the hand that fed him? Hilarious!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1030 on: July 03, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »

It's quite obvious he didn't receive the certificate. He's stalling until he can cook up a 'plausible' excuse as to why he won't be getting it. The lingering question is why: did he flunk on score, attendance, or messed up some paperwork?

I haven't gotten the certificate, yet, but from what my instructor told me the day I left the classroom and what he has continued to say, I did finish the course.  But, he also told me (a point that this forum has foolishly dismissed) is that I didn't have to complete it entirely in order for the class to be effective.  The course is not designed to give a certificate, per se, it is designed to give one the skills necessary to get and maintain a job.  The certificate is just a piece of paper.  I did complete the course, but more importantly, I gained the skills necessary to get a job.  I am very close to landing a CAD job, I believe, just have to wait and see what the results of the very good interview say.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1031 on: July 03, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »

Bushie, put yourself of the shoes of a hiring manager at a CADD firm. Are you going to go through all the expense and trouble of hiring somebody (hiring new people is a big gamble in any industry) if he doesn't even have a certificate in the hopes that maybe the applicant knows what he's doing? The whole point of the certificate is that it proves that you know something about CADD and that you have the ability to complete a project. Without that piece of paper, both of those points look extremely doubtful. Just get a job at Wal-Mart already. They have a lot of experience on how to train and retain people like you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1032 on: July 03, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »

let's talk about the non-existent cadd certificate...

What's the point of asking him about this? I don't think there's any doubt what happened, and there's no benefit to needling him on it.

Do you buy this?  (yes or no is fine.  Smiley  )

I haven't gotten the certificate, yet, but from what my instructor told me the day I left the classroom and what he has continued to say, I did finish the course.  But, he also told me (a point that this forum has foolishly dismissed) is that I didn't have to complete it entirely in order for the class to be effective.  The course is not designed to give a certificate, per se, it is designed to give one the skills necessary to get and maintain a job.  The certificate is just a piece of paper.  I did complete the course, but more importantly, I gained the skills necessary to get a job.  I am very close to landing a CAD job, I believe, just have to wait and see what the results of the very good interview say.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1033 on: July 03, 2014, 11:51:22 AM »

Bushie, put yourself of the shoes of a hiring manager at a CADD firm. Are you going to go through all the expense and trouble of hiring somebody (hiring new people is a big gamble in any industry) if he doesn't even have a certificate in the hopes that maybe the applicant knows what he's doing? The whole point of the certificate is that it proves that you know something about CADD and that you have the ability to complete a project. Without that piece of paper, both of those points look extremely doubtful. Just get a job at Wal-Mart already. They have a lot of experience on how to train and retain people like you.

In addition to this, a lot of firms will require a degree/certification for certain positions, even if you have real experience.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1034 on: July 03, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »

Guys, what part of "I have completed the course" do you refuse to understand?HuhHuh??

Memphis, I may very well get a CAD job early next week.  There is no more need to keep hounding me on a moot point.  I know you won't give me  the benefit of the doubt and think all I can do is piddly jobs, but you are wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1035 on: July 03, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

What's the point of asking him about this? I don't think there's any doubt what happened, and there's no benefit to needling him on it.

It doesn't matter if he buys it or not.  Whether he buys it or not does not change reality.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1036 on: July 03, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »

There's nothing wrong with working at Wal-Mart. Another poster works there and seems to like it ok. There is something wrong with moving from call center job to call center job, getting fired over and over again, and never getting a consistent source of income. You need to know yourself well enough to know what sort of employment plays to your strengths. Not everybody can do everything.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1037 on: July 03, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »

I think it's plausible that Bushie just hasn't received his diploma yet. I haven't received my law degree, but I have received letters and emails confirming I graduated and my certificate of graduation has been sent to the SC supreme court.

Why I might doubt Bushie here is that 1) he claims that he is going to make a career out of a call center and 2) he refuses to call the school, and the 'email' he sent a week ago hasn't been responded to. Typically, that doesn't happen. People normally respond to emails within a reasonable time, so I am assuming that he never emailed.

I think the most accurate answer is that Bushie honestly doesn't know if he finished the course and is afraid to ask because he fears he did not. Otherwise, it's pretty damn easy for him to pick up the phone and call to confirm whether he completed the course or not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1038 on: July 03, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »

I think it's plausible that Bushie just hasn't received his diploma yet. I haven't received my law degree, but I have received letters and emails confirming I graduated and my certificate of graduation has been sent to the SC supreme court.

Why I might doubt Bushie here is that 1) he claims that he is going to make a career out of a call center and 2) he refuses to call the school, and the 'email' he sent a week ago hasn't been responded to. Typically, that doesn't happen. People normally respond to emails within a reasonable time, so I am assuming that he never emailed.

I think the most accurate answer is that Bushie honestly doesn't know if he finished the course and is afraid to ask because he fears he did not. Otherwise, it's pretty damn easy for him to pick up the phone and call to confirm whether he completed the course or not.

Do you refuse to believe me when I say I finished the course, plain and simple?  There is no reason to doubt me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1039 on: July 03, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »

Do you refuse to believe me when I say I finished the course, plain and simple?  There is no reason to doubt me.

Oh Bushie! You have a history of deceit. I know past crimes can't always be used to show conformity with that character trait, but you've lied to us before or simply used ignorance as a defense. I'm not saying you're lying now. I think you truly don't know if you graduated given you haven't received any confirmation and refuse to call to find out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1040 on: July 03, 2014, 01:13:09 PM »

Oh Bushie! You have a history of deceit. I know past crimes can't always be used to show conformity with that character trait, but you've lied to us before or simply used ignorance as a defense. I'm not saying you're lying now. I think you truly don't know if you graduated given you haven't received any confirmation and refuse to call to find out.

On the contrary, what is fact is that I know I have graduated and like you mentioned in that same post I just have not received the actual piece of paper, yet.  I am waiting until after the 4th of July vacations are over to call the school.  So, I'll call Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1041 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:43 PM »

There's nothing wrong with working at Wal-Mart. Another poster works there and seems to like it ok. There is something wrong with moving from call center job to call center job, getting fired over and over again, and never getting a consistent source of income. You need to know yourself well enough to know what sort of employment plays to your strengths. Not everybody can do everything.

There is nothing wrong with working call centers, either.  I know how to do call centers and there's no reason I can't make a living and career out of one.  That's not my goal, but if I'm forced to, then so be it.  I'm still holding out hope this CAD job will call me back Monday or Tuesday and offer me a job.  I have no reason to doubt it at this point.  You should just be happy I have a job to fall back on just in case the CAD job does not pan out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1042 on: July 03, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »

On the contrary, what is fact is that I know I have graduated and like you mentioned in that same post I just have not received the actual piece of paper, yet.  I am waiting until after the 4th of July vacations are over to call the school.  So, I'll call Monday.

Right, that very well could be it, but like I said, the lack of confirmation you've received and your hesitance to call, which you could have done and settled this weeks ago, are just red flags to me.

Regardless of what your professor said when you last walked out of the classroom, you won't know if you completed the course until you finish all the work. For example, I didn't know I graduated law school until I passed all my exams. Even if my prof said congrats, you're done, on the last day, it wouldn't mean a thing until I got my grades.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1043 on: July 03, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

Do you refuse to believe me when I say I finished the course, plain and simple?  There is no reason to doubt me.

On the contrary, what is fact is that I know I have graduated and like you mentioned in that same post I just have not received the actual piece of paper, yet.  I am waiting until after the 4th of July vacations are over to call the school.  So, I'll call Monday.

Right, that very well could be it, but like I said, the lack of confirmation you've received and your hesitance to call, which you could have done and settled this weeks ago, are just red flags to me.

Regardless of what your professor said when you last walked out of the classroom, you won't know if you completed the course until you finish all the work. For example, I didn't know I graduated law school until I passed all my exams. Even if my prof said congrats, you're done, on the last day, it wouldn't mean a thing until I got my grades.

I did get my grades a week or so ago.  Remember the post I made about finishing between 78-80% in each of the individual courses?  Those were the final grades of the course.  Since 60% is passing, I have nothing to worry about it.  It is just a matter of time until I receive the actual certificate.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1044 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »

As I said, there's no doubt about what happened. I think that's pretty clear. Smiley
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1045 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »

Do you refuse to believe me when I say I finished the course, plain and simple?

In some sense of the word "finished" which means you ended your involvement in the course, sure.

In the sense of "completed successfully and will be recognized as a graduate," which you'd like people to infer from your statement, that would be hard to square with everything else you've shared.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1046 on: July 03, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »

That may be true, Bushie. I'm just so curious about why you don't want to call and were so hesitant to email anyone. I still don't believe you emailed them. Being a school, I doubt they'd just ignore student emails like you claimed they did.

Of course, I do remember you did call the career services woman when you said you did, so that's why I'm not totally calling you a liar. It just sounds strange to me, and even stranger when you say you want to make a call center your career after spending $5k+ on CADD.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1047 on: July 03, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »

Do you refuse to believe me when I say I finished the course, plain and simple?

In some sense of the word "finished" which means you ended your involvement in the course, sure.

In the sense of "completed successfully and will be recognized as a graduate," which you'd like people to infer from your statement, that would be hard to square with everything else you've shared.

You all just won't believe anything I tell you, so why do I even bother?  I've already shared my completed grades.  If I left something incomplete, I would have received an "I", not a percentage.  That should be concrete evidence enough.  Besides, I was the one who did the work, no one else here did.  I didn't see an Atlas member over my shoulder while I was doing the school work, so no one can say for certain that I did not complete the course successfully.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1048 on: July 03, 2014, 03:47:12 PM »

That may be true, Bushie. I'm just so curious about why you don't want to call and were so hesitant to email anyone. I still don't believe you emailed them. Being a school, I doubt they'd just ignore student emails like you claimed they did.

Of course, I do remember you did call the career services woman when you said you did, so that's why I'm not totally calling you a liar. It just sounds strange to me, and even stranger when you say you want to make a call center your career after spending $5k+ on CADD.

I sent the email nearly a couple weeks ago.  I will call them Monday after the holiday vacations are over with.  I would like closure on this as much as anybody, after all it's been 4 months, but as you've experienced, these things can take time.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1049 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2014, 03:51:53 PM by Gravis Marketing »

You all just won't believe anything I tell you, so why do I even bother?

A good question. Why do you bother trying to convince everyone here, if you know it's not going to be successful? Ok, let's stipulate that everyone here is treating you unfairly for no reason and refuses to believe you are 100% truthful in what you say. If that's true, why do you keep trying to make people here change their behavior and start believing you? If we've learned one thing from the Update, it's that compelling people to change their behavior over the Internet is not feasible. Stop wasting your time on people who won't take you at your word, and focus on your real friends in Oklahoma. None of us matter!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies