Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 185092 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: July 11, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »

Allison is 420 friendly? Interesting.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1301 on: July 11, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2014, 06:54:10 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Does she approve of The President?

We haven't discussed it at length, but I would assume no.  Same with me.  Of course, she may be more liberal, but she voted for Romney, whereas I voted for Obama.

In what ways is she more liberal?

More open to gay marriage and more accepting of medical marijuana.

I'm pretty sure marijuana is healthier than 95% of what you eat.

That's not it for me.  I just have a personal, religious objection to the use of marijuana.
That means that you live a healthier life than most of the forum.

No, it really doesn't. How many cheeseburgers have you had in the past calendar week, Bushie? How about since this time last month? I've been mostly occasional and basically unconcerned in my interactions with this series of threads and whole little forum subculture in the past, but I'm getting really worried about you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1302 on: July 11, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »

The only Bible anti-pot arguments I've heard are "your body is a temple" which lol if Bushie claims to care about that passage.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1303 on: July 11, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »

I highly doubt that Jesus would take any interest in an unrepentant sinner like Bushie who routinely profanes the Lord's name by using it as a catch-all excuse.

God takes interest in everyone even, nay, especially the frustrating and unrepentant sinners. Jesus died for the sinners, not for the saints.

Perhaps this passage will clarify my meaning:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tell me, which of these two men does Bushie resemble?

I guess you don't understand the concept of grace.  I don't have to meet a certain standard in order for God to allow me into heaven.  All I have to do is accept Jesus's sacrificial death for me.  I don't carelessly throw His name around.  I sincerely believe there is a spiritual purpose for everything.  There is no such thing as luck.  There is no such thing as coincidence.  There is no such thing as karma.  I cannot do anything good under my own power.  God cannot do anything wrong.  So, it's only natural and wonderful to give Him credit for every good thing that happens to me and take the blame for every bad thing that I do.  I am definitely not a "me-first" person.  The first person I talk to in the morning is God and the last person I talk to at night is God.  I talk to Him throughout the day.  I know where I am going when I leave this earth and that place is not hell.  Rather, it is through the pearly gates and I will walk on the streets of gold in heaven.  No one can convince me otherwise.  Do I still sin?  Absolutely.  I sin all the friggin' time, because I still have the sin nature inside of me.  However, the only difference is, I have given my heart and life to Jesus Christ ONE time and that GUARANTEES me a spot in heaven.  There is absolutely nothing I can do to lose my salvation.  There is no sin I can commit to take me out of the grace of God.  That is biblical and since it is biblical, you can take it to the bank, because it is FACT.  The Bible is the inerrant and infallible word of God.  It will never steer anybody wrong and is the #1 best selling book of all time for a reason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1304 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »

^^^^^
And why do you want to impose your religion on everybody else?

I never said I want to impose my religion on other people, I just have a moral personal objection to it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1305 on: July 11, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

Update sponsored by:

The Bible

The Bible, the #1 best selling book for a reason.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1306 on: July 11, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »

I highly doubt that Jesus would take any interest in an unrepentant sinner like Bushie who routinely profanes the Lord's name by using it as a catch-all excuse.

God takes interest in everyone even, nay, especially the frustrating and unrepentant sinners. Jesus died for the sinners, not for the saints.

I guess you don't understand the concept of grace.  I don't have to meet a certain standard in order for God to allow me into heaven.  All I have to do is accept Jesus's sacrificial death for me.  I don't carelessly throw His name around.  I sincerely believe there is a spiritual purpose for everything.  There is no such thing as luck.  There is no such thing as coincidence.  There is no such thing as karma.  I cannot do anything good under my own power.  God cannot do anything wrong.  So, it's only natural and wonderful to give Him credit for every good thing that happens to me and take the blame for every bad thing that I do.  I am definitely not a "me-first" person.  The first person I talk to in the morning is God and the last person I talk to at night is God.  I talk to Him throughout the day.  I know where I am going when I leave this earth and that place is not hell.  Rather, it is through the pearly gates and I will walk on the streets of gold in heaven.  No one can convince me otherwise.  Do I still sin?  Absolutely.  I sin all the friggin' time, because I still have the sin nature inside of me.  However, the only difference is, I have given my heart and life to Jesus Christ ONE time and that GUARANTEES me a spot in heaven.  There is absolutely nothing I can do to lose my salvation.  There is no sin I can commit to take me out of the grace of God.  That is biblical and since it is biblical, you can take it to the bank, because it is FACT.  The Bible is the inerrant and infallible word of God.  It will never steer anybody wrong and is the #1 best selling book of all time for a reason.

1) That's a cop-out ... whether it's regarding how you lean on religion as a crutch ("I'm going to sit back and let God handle it.") or your motivations and how you treat your body. The "salvation for all who believe" line shouldn't be used as a get-out-of-jail free card.

2) You are one of the biggest "me-first" people I've ever known: exceptionally selfish in many respects and lacking the self discipline to truly care for yourself in order to help those around you. The type of reliance you have on your parents at age 32 should be reserved for the mentally handicapped. "Talking" to a god doesn't relieve one of selfishness ... action does. And therein lies your biggest problem ... an inability to take positive action when it would truly make a difference for those around you.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1307 on: July 11, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

^^^^^

I never said I want to impose my religion on other people, I just have a moral personal objection to it.

What is the moral personal objection?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1308 on: July 11, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »

^^^^^

You said you have a "personal, religious objection to the use of marijuana".  What exactly is the religious reasoning?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1309 on: July 11, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »

^^^^^

You said you have a "personal, religious objection to the use of marijuana".  What exactly is the religious reasoning?

I equate marijuana with other illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc.  I have always seen it as such, as I do nicotine and tobacco.  Being fat may not be any better, and I never intend to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude.  Everybody has the same access to Jesus as I do.  The life He gives me is not unique or available just to me.  It is available to ALL who believe.  "Whomsoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  I never want to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude, and when I do (because it does happen), I am immediately convicted and have to ask for forgiveness.  Anyway, back to your question, I just equate pot with illegal drugs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1310 on: July 11, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »

1) That's a cop-out ... whether it's regarding how you lean on religion as a crutch ("I'm going to sit back and let God handle it.") or your motivations and how you treat your body. The "salvation for all who believe" line shouldn't be used as a get-out-of-jail free card.

2) You are one of the biggest "me-first" people I've ever known: exceptionally selfish in many respects and lacking the self discipline to truly care for yourself in order to help those around you. The type of reliance you have on your parents at age 32 should be reserved for the mentally handicapped. "Talking" to a god doesn't relieve one of selfishness ... action does. And therein lies your biggest problem ... an inability to take positive action when it would truly make a difference for those around you.

It is not a cop-out, and I try not use my faith in Christ as a crutch.  Rather, I try to use it as an aide to do the things I need to do day in and day out.  The problem is, I don't always do that, and when I use it as a crutch, it is sin, plain and simple and I have to ask for forgiveness and the strength to correct that behavior.  I talk to God not as an excuse to get out of doing something, but rather to give me the strength to do the things I need to be doing.  I have to fully rely on His strength, because in my own power, I can do nothing.  I have no ability to do what is right apart from His unfailing love and strength.  Without Him, I am nothing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1311 on: July 11, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »

Anyway, back to your question, I just equate pot with illegal drugs.

I understand that you don't want to do it if it's illegal, but the question is do you think it should be legal?  And actually, the original point was that you said that Allison was "more accepting of" medical marijuana than you are.  I guess that means that she thinks that marijuana should be legal at least for medicinal purposes, and you don't?  You have a *religious* objection to that?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1312 on: July 11, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »

It is not a cop-out, and I try not use my faith in Christ as a crutch.  Rather, I try to use it as an aide to do the things I need to do day in and day out.  The problem is, I don't always do that, and when I use it as a crutch, it is sin, plain and simple and I have to ask for forgiveness and the strength to correct that behavior.  I talk to God not as an excuse to get out of doing something, but rather to give me the strength to do the things I need to be doing.  I have to fully rely on His strength, because in my own power, I can do nothing.  I have no ability to do what is right apart from His unfailing love and strength.  Without Him, I am nothing.

At what point do you take responsibility and actually try to stop sinning? For instance, you're "morally" opposed to drug use because of the toll it takes on one's body and the damage a user may do to those around him. Your disgusting food "addiction" is no different, and at least you nominally recognize that.

Still, you lie to yourself, your family and friends, AND your god by claiming to know what's wrong, promising to do something about it, and then continuing your slovenly selfishness. At what point do you feel it necessary to actually stop talking and take action to stop sinning? Or is "God doesn't care either way, he forgives me" your excuse?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1313 on: July 11, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2014, 03:19:33 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Well the perseverance of the saints sure has done a number on Bushie psychologically. I'd ask him if he's ever considered the possibility that in his continuing not only to sin, but to live a life that makes or at the very least ought to make him an object of scandal to his family and community, he's becoming the sort of 'believer' 1 John 2.19 was meant to warn us about.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1314 on: July 11, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »

Wow, this page has become a hate-filled page filled with the mantra "Bushie is going to hell because he's fat."  What a ridiculous assumption.  You all accuse me of a "holier than thou" attitude and defaming the name of Jesus, when you all are doing the EXACT same thing.  Remember, when you point the finger at someone, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1315 on: July 11, 2014, 09:30:29 PM »

I don't think you're going to Hell because you're fat, Bushie. I have no way of knowing whether or not you're currently Hellbound at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1316 on: July 11, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »

Thank you,  Nathan.  No one can truly know if someone else is going to heaven or hell.  They can be absolutely sure of their own situation,  but it's an individual decision,  so no one can know truly about anyone else,  not even one's own spouse,  parents,  or children.  You can have pretty good clues about other people, especially those closest to you,  but to be absolutely definitive you can only know about yourself.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1317 on: July 11, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »

Does Allison have diabetes?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1318 on: July 11, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »

Anyway, back to your question, I just equate pot with illegal drugs.

I understand that you don't want to do it if it's illegal, but the question is do you think it should be legal?  And actually, the original point was that you said that Allison was "more accepting of" medical marijuana than you are.  I guess that means that she thinks that marijuana should be legal at least for medicinal purposes, and you don't?  You have a *religious* objection to that?

If it's the absolute last resort when nothing else has worked,  then,  of course,  life trumps objections.   I just think it should be the last resort.   Bottom line,  though,  no one should die over someone's objections of any kind,  including my own.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1319 on: July 11, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

No,  and she is starting to lose weight.  She looked a little slimmer last week than she has.  I congratulated her for it,  of course,  and that's given me the motivation to drop the 2 pounds I have so far this week.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1320 on: July 11, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »

They can be absolutely sure of their own situation,

Man, your soteriology is really alien to me.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1321 on: July 11, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »

I really don't understand Bushie's post about marijuana at all.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1322 on: July 11, 2014, 10:38:45 PM »

No,  and she is starting to lose weight.  She looked a little slimmer last week than she has.  I congratulated her for it,  of course,  and that's given me the motivation to drop the 2 pounds I have so far this week.

Congrats, Jeffison!

The more weight you guys lose the more fun the honeymoon will be!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1323 on: July 11, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »

Wow, this page has become a hate-filled page filled with the mantra "Bushie is going to hell because he's fat."  What a ridiculous assumption.  You all accuse me of a "holier than thou" attitude and defaming the name of Jesus, when you all are doing the EXACT same thing.  Remember, when you point the finger at someone, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Jeff, there's no "hate" in anything I said, nor do I think you're going to the imaginary ovens for your weight. That's a defensive overreaction. What I'm trying to point out is the immense hypocrisy in the way you carry yourself and live your life. By your own professed theology, the way you mistreat your own body is sinful, yet you do nothing to change it. On top of that, you lie about your desire to change -- lie to yourself, to your family and to your friends.

I was blown away when you said you were up to 290 pounds. What you're doing to your body is horrible, self-destructive and makes you a burden to those around you and, eventually, society as a whole. The religious aspects are icing on the delicious, delicious cake, and I don't particularly care about them ... but I know you do. So it amazes me that you abuse yourself the way you do and make zero REAL effort to change.

I've been one of your biggest advocates over the years ... hard on you, sure, but always wanting to see you succeed. But how, in the face of so much evidence, you can choose a path of self-destruction, I'll never understand. It's exceptionally frustrating to those of us who actually care and DON'T want to see you profiled on TLC a decade from now.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1324 on: July 11, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »

I really don't understand Bushie's post about marijuana at all.
Me either. If he has personal, religious reasons against marijuana, it's cool with me if he doesn't partake. Why he would want to impose those beliefs on other people who do not share them by force of law is completely beyond me.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies