Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 186733 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: July 11, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1326 on: July 11, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »

Xahar is and always has been a FF.

And the last two pages have convinced me that Bushie attends some cult-like church where you're taught that you can sin as much as you want as long as you say "forgive me because I acknowledge Jesus"? Do people actually believe this on a massive scale, or is this some isolated voodoo?

This sounds like Bushie thinks he could just run walk around gleefully, stabbing people left and right while casting a spell for forgiveness with the incantation "Amen" between each thrust all the way up until his death, and thinking that he was going to heaven. Seriously, if you believe that all you have to do is believe in Jesus or have some municipal water sprinkled on you in order to go to heaven, then how does the concept of sin even exist? You just wash it away with your mind apparently - "that may have been a sin, but it doesn't send me to hell like it does those savages in other countries who don't know Jesus!".

So anyone who believes in Jesus and acknowledges that goes to heaven, according to Bushie's interpretation of the Bible (which is an earthly interpretation from some pastors/preachers, and not an "INDISPUTABLE FACT").
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1327 on: July 11, 2014, 11:40:50 PM »

So he's currently gaining about 3 pounds a month?  At that rate, he'll be at ~320 pounds on his wedding day.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1328 on: July 11, 2014, 11:50:48 PM »

Bushie has Allison said if she's open to watching your adult movies with you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1329 on: July 12, 2014, 12:32:17 AM »

^^^^^
And why do you want to impose your religion on everybody else?

I never said I want to impose my religion on other people, I just have a moral personal objection to it.

You said you have a "personal, religious objection to the use of marijuana".  What exactly is the religious reasoning?

I equate marijuana with other illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc.  I have always seen it as such, as I do nicotine and tobacco.  Being fat may not be any better, and I never intend to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude.  Everybody has the same access to Jesus as I do.  The life He gives me is not unique or available just to me.  It is available to ALL who believe.  "Whomsoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  I never want to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude, and when I do (because it does happen), I am immediately convicted and have to ask for forgiveness.  Anyway, back to your question, I just equate pot with illegal drugs.

But that's not answering the question.  What is your religious objection to legalizing marijuana?  The objection can't simply be that you object to it because it's illegal, because supporting its legalization would remove that objection.

Wow, this page has become a hate-filled page filled with the mantra "Bushie is going to hell because he's fat."  What a ridiculous assumption.  You all accuse me of a "holier than thou" attitude and defaming the name of Jesus, when you all are doing the EXACT same thing.  Remember, when you point the finger at someone, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Nobody has said that you're going to hell.  You're the only one who's said that.  But they are right; you do use God as a crutch.  You always talk about God and your salvation, but where is the evidence of this salvation?

Consider Luke 13:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good works are not a requirement to get into the Kingdom of Heaven; however, good works will flow from someone who has truly accepted Christ.  You talk about salvation, yet you bear no fruit.  Sure, you've gone to Kenya and you put some money in the collection plate, but none of that is your money.  You've made no sacrifices for God.  You may read your Bible and pray, but in the end, you still stick to doing what you want to do.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1330 on: July 12, 2014, 03:55:33 AM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1331 on: July 12, 2014, 06:51:57 AM »

Bushie, Allison may be more socially liberal than you, but aren't you quite left wing on economic issues? That's what your PM score indicates anyways. You must be more economically left wing than her if you voted Obama and she Romney.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1332 on: July 12, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »

Good morning, I am no longer going to respond to the questions and/or attacks on my faith.  My faith is something that is very near and dear to my heart.  I know what God has done in my life and nothing can change that.  I'll leave it at that.

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1333 on: July 12, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »

I assume the pay decrease is for unplanned time off, like if you woke up with a headache and decided to call in sick? Or is it if you just don't show up and don't tell them?

Either way, the legality of pay reductions in those cases is really questionable, but HR laws do differ from state to state. However, I think it is bad policy if they're docking your pay in actual paid leave situations, but maybe they've found some loophole where they just don't have to pay someone as much for using paid time off.

On the other stuff ... forget the faith part. Doesn't Xahar's graph scare the hell out of you? What's it going to take for a real wake-up call?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1334 on: July 12, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2014, 10:38:04 AM by memphis »

I continue to be surprised by the surprise of others toward Bushie's statements of faith. The SBC is the largest Protestant denomination in the US. It's true that they do not always mandate exact points of view, but his statements are largely consistent with what nearly all SBC churches preach. And the SBC isn't alone either. This is what conservative Evangelical Christianity looks like. I know I live in a part of the country where the SBC is more influential than where some other posters live, but it's shocking to me that people who take such an interest in politics don't recognize such an important worldview when they see it. Especially as mainline denominations contunue to wither, Bushie is what white American Protestantism looks like. Even down to the obesity, which is a much more common problem amongst the faithful.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42256829/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/praise-lard-religion-linked-obesity-young-adults/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1335 on: July 12, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »

Yeah,  I know Bushie's beliefs are pretty common in evangelicals. That's why they are such HP.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1336 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »

I love it when Jeffie gets backed into a corner
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1337 on: July 12, 2014, 11:09:12 AM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.

Yes, Protestantism truly is a horror.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1338 on: July 12, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »

I wouldn't want to generalize that, which is why I said it is a concept that can be very sick and dangerous. I know lots of Protestants that would never dream of doing what Bushie does and then pretend that none of it matters because grace has saved them no matter what.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1339 on: July 12, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »

I wouldn't want to generalize that, which is why I said it is a concept that can be very sick and dangerous. I know lots of Protestants that would never dream of doing what Bushie does and then pretend that none of it matters because grace has saved them no matter what.
Sounds like those folks are good people despite their religion. Not an uncommon thing, but it still doesn't make the religion a positive force.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1340 on: July 12, 2014, 12:01:28 PM »

Bushie would clearly be a terrible human being even if he had a different belief system; whether a different form of religion, or something more secular. It doesn't even have to be a belief system in a conventional, structural, sense. There is a certain type of person who can use just about anything to justify just about anything they do; a fairly common subtype - one that Bushie is just a few points of SBC dogma away from actually - would be the person who seems themself as the hero in the story of their own life.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1341 on: July 12, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »

Well certainly Bushie is the protagonist, but I think the writers want us to think of him as more an anti-hero.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1342 on: July 12, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »

^^^^^^^^^

Bushie, if marijuana was legalized, would you still have objections to it?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1343 on: July 12, 2014, 12:24:48 PM »

I have a hard time envisioning Bushie without religion. It's such an integral part of his character. It'd be like trying to tease out what one of Dickens' orphans would be like if he had grown up with middle class parents.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1344 on: July 12, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »

I have a hard time envisioning Bushie without religion. It's such an integral part of his character. It'd be like trying to tease out what one of Dickens' orphans would be like if he had grown up with middle class parents.

Yeah, I have to say I agree with this, even though Al is of course correct in principle. I have a hard time envisioning him as anything other than conservative Evangelical, even. Catholic Bushie or Jewish Bushie or Hindu or Buddhist or even mainline-Lutheran Bushie is just such a weird concept.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1345 on: July 12, 2014, 02:17:11 PM »

I assume the pay decrease is for unplanned time off, like if you woke up with a headache and decided to call in sick? Or is it if you just don't show up and don't tell them?

Either way, the legality of pay reductions in those cases is really questionable, but HR laws do differ from state to state. However, I think it is bad policy if they're docking your pay in actual paid leave situations, but maybe they've found some loophole where they just don't have to pay someone as much for using paid time off.

On the other stuff ... forget the faith part. Doesn't Xahar's graph scare the hell out of you? What's it going to take for a real wake-up call?

On the first bolded point - yes, if I have a headache and call in, but didn't plan it before hand, then that would be docked.  Also, if I am a no call no show.

On the second bolded point - if the leave is scheduled and documented prior to the occurrance, then it won't affect the pay.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1346 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »

bushie, have you heard back from metrotech about your certificate?

and that pay policy of your current employer is horrible.  that should be a warning sign right there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1347 on: July 12, 2014, 02:31:47 PM »

bushie, have you heard back from metrotech about your certificate?

and that pay policy of your current employer is horrible.  that should be a warning sign right there.

Walter, would you drop the certificate, please?  Why can't you just accept the fact that I finished school and got a 78% on my classes.  It's not a hard concept to grasp except for those who WANT to constantly badger me about it and who refuse to believe.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1348 on: July 12, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1349 on: July 12, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

No, and I have not had time since I started work.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies