Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 186748 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 13, 2014, 06:32:17 PM »

Personally I prefer Emergen-C but it's a drink mix so you might not stick with it if you don't like the taste.

Get One-A-Day Men's Health or store brand equivalent if you want to go cheaper. Just make sure it says daily multivitamin, for adult males.

And please commit yourself to taking one all the time, even if it's being washed down by Dr. Pepper.

I've got to do something, so yes I will be taking it every morning.  It will be washed down by either water or Diet Dr. Pepper.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1426 on: July 13, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

Bushie, do you regret attending MetroTech?

Right now,  honestly,  I am feeling it was a waste of time,  but it was a good idea at the time.   I graduated successfully,  but seeing my classmates get CAD jobs right away,  Malta me kind of jealous and sad.   I'm happy for them,  of course,  but kind of wondering why I haven't been as successful.   Then again,  I have to reject comparing myself to them and realize that maybe God has a different plan for my life.  For now,  I'm going to focus exclusively on the place I'm working now and try to make that my career.

Have they received their certificates?

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.

The above paragraph makes it sound like you're not going to take your attendance seriously. Which is worrisome, considering your past issues with attendance -- most recently, keeping you from successfully graduating your CADD class. It's like ... it's like you're incapable of learning from your mistakes.

I assure you, you will get in trouble for missing even one day of work. Especially if it's something that happens with regularity.

If it sounds like that,  it's totally not the case.  I was just explaining the policy of the business.   My plan is to not miss any time until at least November.   I have doctor's appointments in late September,  but If I'm still at this place by September 1, I will call and postpone my appointments until November,  maybe December.

That's only 4 months.  In 8 years, I've only missed one day of work.  Making it 4 months isn't any sort of accomplishment.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1427 on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:06 PM »

Diet sodas are very bad for you,  I really wouldn't recommend drinking it. Instead of drinking sodas,  why don't you try those v8's that are made with fruit. I think you'd really like it and it's a healthy alternative. You can get them anywhere.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1428 on: July 13, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »

Bushie, do you regret attending MetroTech?

Right now,  honestly,  I am feeling it was a waste of time,  but it was a good idea at the time.   I graduated successfully,  but seeing my classmates get CAD jobs right away,  Malta me kind of jealous and sad.   I'm happy for them,  of course,  but kind of wondering why I haven't been as successful.   Then again,  I have to reject comparing myself to them and realize that maybe God has a different plan for my life.  For now,  I'm going to focus exclusively on the place I'm working now and try to make that my career.

Have they received their certificates?

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.

The above paragraph makes it sound like you're not going to take your attendance seriously. Which is worrisome, considering your past issues with attendance -- most recently, keeping you from successfully graduating your CADD class. It's like ... it's like you're incapable of learning from your mistakes.

I assure you, you will get in trouble for missing even one day of work. Especially if it's something that happens with regularity.

If it sounds like that,  it's totally not the case.  I was just explaining the policy of the business.   My plan is to not miss any time until at least November.   I have doctor's appointments in late September,  but If I'm still at this place by September 1, I will call and postpone my appointments until November,  maybe December.

That's only 4 months.  In 8 years, I've only missed one day of work.  Making it 4 months isn't any sort of accomplishment.

I don't about their certificates.

I wasn't wanting congratulations, I was just explaining that I wanted to get out of the 90-day probationary period before I miss any work.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1429 on: July 13, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »

I get that you get discouraged, but think about the money you spent on the course! If I make an investment of money or time, I damn well better get a return on it or I won't be happy.

That's the problem--he never spent any money on the course.  His parents did.  So if he doesn't get a job, all he really wasted was his time, which is something he's never really cared about.  He was never that invested in CAD because he never had to put anything valuable into it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1430 on: July 13, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »

I get that you get discouraged, but think about the money you spent on the course! If I make an investment of money or time, I damn well better get a return on it or I won't be happy.

That's the problem--he never spent any money on the course.  His parents did.  So if he doesn't get a job, all he really wasted was his time, which is something he's never really cared about.  He was never that invested in CAD because he never had to put anything valuable into it.

I can legitimately say I paid for the school.  Ever heard of student loans?  I didn't pay anything up front, but the payments will start in September and will come out of my pocket for the next 10 years.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1431 on: July 13, 2014, 07:25:39 PM »

That's the problem--he never spent any money on the course.  His parents did.  So if he doesn't get a job, all he really wasted was his time, which is something he's never really cared about.  He was never that invested in CAD because he never had to put anything valuable into it.

I can legitimately say I paid for the school.  Ever heard of student loans?  I didn't pay anything up front, but the payments will start in September and will come out of my pocket for the next 10 years.

When YOU (and only you) have actually paid off those student loans, let me know and I'll retract my statement.  Are you paying off all of your debt now, or are your parents still paying off your card?  If it's not all you, then you're not really the one paying off the student loans, since that'll only be possible because others are paying off all your other debt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1432 on: July 13, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »

When YOU (and only you) have actually paid off those student loans, let me know and I'll retract my statement.  Are you paying off all of your debt now, or are your parents still paying off your card?  If it's not all you, then you're not really the one paying off the student loans, since that'll only be possible because others are paying off all your other debt.

Fair enough.  If we're still here in 2024 then you got it, friend. Smiley
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1433 on: July 13, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »

More like if you haven't keeled over from congestive heart failure by 2024.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1434 on: July 13, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »

More like if you haven't keeled over from congestive heart failure by 2024.

Touche
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1435 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »

I'm no theology expert, but I do know that the Swedish brand of Lutheranism is very much opposed to this "do what you want as long as you have faith" talk. God helps those who help themselves, etc.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1436 on: July 14, 2014, 07:15:28 AM »

I'm no theology expert, but I do know that the Swedish brand of Lutheranism is very much opposed to this "do what you want as long as you have faith" talk. God helps those who help themselves, etc.

I don't mean to imply that I treat my salvation as a "license to sin" as it were.  Instead, I should live my life as a holy and acceptable sacrifice in obedience to Jesus Christ.  I will sin, that's guaranteed, but I can learn from my wrongdoings.   That said, when I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, his blood covers all my sins, past, present, and future.  There is no longer any sin that can keep me from heaven.  Romans 8:1 says "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, to those who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."  Now, while you cannot know for certain another person's salvation level, you can get an idea from the fruit in their lives.  I may seem like the chief of sinners on the forum, and I am, but if you were to spend a week with me in real life, I would hope you would see something different.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1437 on: July 14, 2014, 07:21:03 AM »

I don't mean to imply that I treat my salvation as a "license to sin" as it were.  Instead, I should live my life as a holy and acceptable sacrifice in obedience to Jesus Christ.  I will sin, that's guaranteed, but I can learn from my wrongdoings.   That said, when I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, his blood covers all my sins, past, present, and future.  There is no longer any sin that can keep me from heaven.  Romans 8:1 says "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, to those who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."  Now, while you cannot know for certain another person's salvation level, you can get an idea from the fruit in their lives.  I may seem like the chief of sinners on the forum, and I am, but if you were to spend a week with me in real life, I would hope you would see something different.

You may hold these theological positions, but I hope you realize that it is merely one of many positions out there, for which there are also strong philosophical and Bibical arguments.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1438 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:57 AM »

You may hold these theological positions, but I hope you realize that it is merely one of many positions out there, for which there are also strong philosophical and Bibical arguments.

Oh, absolutely.  I never claim to have a monopoly on theological positions or even that I have the only correct position.  I just try to search the Scriptures to find out exactly what it's saying.  I'm not a scholar at it.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1439 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:34 AM »

...as an excuse to continue acting in ways that you know are wrong and that you have the power of will to avoid.

Forgive me, I am not well-versed in the theology here. Are you referring to the "power of will" as a theological or a psychological concept?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1440 on: July 14, 2014, 08:42:02 AM »

...as an excuse to continue acting in ways that you know are wrong and that you have the power of will to avoid.

Forgive me, I am not well-versed in the theology here. Are you referring to the "power of will" as a theological or a psychological concept?

Why not both?  I'm the kind that believes that God grants people free will, including the freedom not to believe.  Bushie doesn't believe in free will.  He thinks it's God's will to order the bacon cheesburger instead of the double cheesburger, or when he loses his job or doesn't get selected, it was God's will for him not to have that job.  I find that thought process rather revolting.....I hope God's not mad I chose to make chicken salad for lunch instead of tuna, or under the Bushie Doctrine, God guided me to his choice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1441 on: July 14, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »

I believe in limited free will.  God gives us the freedom to do as we wish, but He is ultimately in control and knows everything we will do, say, or even think before we even do it.  Yet, He works everything out for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28 says that.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1442 on: July 14, 2014, 10:13:28 AM »

I believe in limited free will.  God gives us the freedom to do as we wish, but He is ultimately in control and knows everything we will do, say, or even think before we even do it.  Yet, He works everything out for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28 says that.

But then you're basically arguing that God himself has chosen in advance who will be saved. If salvation requires one to believe in and accept Christ as one's savior, but at the same time the choice whether or not to fulfill that requirement is "ultimately in God's control", then man has no choice but to accept heaven or hell as a result, without being able to influence this at all?

This wouldn't be a unique position, of course, just curious whether this reflects your thinking?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1443 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »

But then you're basically arguing that God himself has chosen in advance who will be saved. If salvation requires one to believe in and accept Christ as one's savior, but at the same time the choice whether or not to fulfill that requirement is "ultimately in God's control", then man has no choice but to accept heaven or hell as a result, without being able to influence this at all?

That's very Calvinist of you, Jeff.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1444 on: July 14, 2014, 10:43:09 AM »

Bushie, what are your thoughts on Pentacostals and glossolalia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4114XO-Xo
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1445 on: July 14, 2014, 11:55:49 AM »

There are a lot of people out there that do believe in preordination, in that you are chosen to be saved the moment you are conceived and nothing you do on earth can change that, while others are the opposite in that you are chosen to be damned even if you live a pious life.

This, of course, is totally insane to me. I've always been taught and believed that we all have free will to do in our lives what we wish, and we will be judged by those actions when we die should all of this exist.

I do know people who have epiphanies in their lives and turn themselves around and change totally, but the Bushie is not one of those people. He just has accepted Christ yet continues to act as he always has. That's what is confusing to me about his beliefs.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1446 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »

Why not both?  I'm the kind that believes that God grants people free will, including the freedom not to believe.  Bushie doesn't believe in free will.  He thinks it's God's will to order the bacon cheesburger instead of the double cheesburger, or when he loses his job or doesn't get selected, it was God's will for him not to have that job.  I find that thought process rather revolting.....I hope God's not mad I chose to make chicken salad for lunch instead of tuna, or under the Bushie Doctrine, God guided me to his choice.

I suppose I'm separating them because I don't have an opinion on a religious concept of free will and couldn't judge it, but I do have a view of it as a basic concept of behavior. I'm in good shape and track my eating and even then I see how powerless my brain can become if there's some treat within reach. I can tell myself not to eat it, but I'll still reach out and take it. I imagine the challenge is even worse for our friend and I don't know how to frame the idea of free will to be meaningful for him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1447 on: July 14, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »

I'm not a strict Calvinist, rather I adhere to the Reformed Theology.  I have a lot in common with Calvinism, but I still have some Armenianism in me.  I believe that God knows everything that's ever going to happen and He knows who will be saved and who won't.  Nothing comes as a surprise to God.  Now, evangelism is still very important because we do not know who is on God's "list", if you will.  The Holy Spirit has to first draw someone to total depravity where they realize that on their own they're headed to destruction.  The Holy Spirit has to make them realize they need a Savior who can change their destiny.  The Bible says that no man has ever sought God on his own.  The concept of God and grace completely goes against our nature as humans which is total rebellion and lawlessness.  We still have a sin nature as Christians and God knows every sin we will commit, because he knows everything.  Even though He is all powerful and ultimately in control, He allows Satan to run around, but the day will come that God will lock Satan up for a thousand years and cut out all sin and then loose him for a season before banishing him to the lake of fire for all eternity.  I know it's a lot to take in, but at the core this is what I believe.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1448 on: July 14, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

FWIW, you'd have a tough time finding any theologian, even a conservative evangelical one affiliated with the SBC, who'd defend Bushie's "theology" that he's using to justify and excuse his behavior. Even the strictest "grace alone" theologian doesn't see it as a complete license to sin which is what Bushie is basically justifying it as if you boil it down to it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1449 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:47 PM »

im guessing bushie didnt contact metrotech today.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies