Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:40:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 186739 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: July 16, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »

In sales jobs, if you don't sell, you get shown the door. This won't last long.

Hey, now, give me a chance before you start writing me off, please.  I do have talent, you know.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1551 on: July 16, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »

I don't really have an aversion to talking on the phone,  but I just happen to prefer face to face interactions.

Yet you've taken countless jobs (including this one) that involve talking to people on the phone all day…
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #1552 on: July 16, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »

In sales jobs, if you don't sell, you get shown the door. This won't last long.

Hey, now, give me a chance before you start writing me off, please.  I do have talent, you know.
If you can talk as compellingly as you write, then you could sell an Indian health insurance.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1553 on: July 16, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »

I don't really have an aversion to talking on the phone,  but I just happen to prefer face to face interactions.

Yet you've taken countless jobs (including this one) that involve talking to people on the phone all day…

Obviously Bushie needs to become a door to door salesman. He'd even get some exercise!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1554 on: July 16, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »

Bushie in a sales job. I predict another high quality and lengthy JMann post. Also, no company likes to throw money around. That a sucker's pitch they used to lure you in. Joke's on them this time though. You need to start planning your next step for after this job. It won't be long.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1555 on: July 16, 2014, 06:38:54 PM »

Oh god, Bushie is a telemarketer! This won't end well
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1556 on: July 16, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

Don't give up on me yet, guys.  I'm not that incompetent.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1557 on: July 16, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »

Don't give up on me yet, guys.  I'm not that incompetent.

Competence =/ being a telemarketer; I couldn't do it. You seem to be determined to be a telemarketer/customer support agent when evidence clearly shows you aren't one for that job. It's almost like you want to prove to yourself you can do it, and I have no idea why.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1558 on: July 16, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »

Bushie in a sales job. I predict another high quality and lengthy JMann post.

Ugh ... do I have to? Yeah ... yeah, I guess I do ... stay tuned.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BINGO ... it's nice if they have money to spend, but someone is always watching the bottom line closely. The bigger they are, the tighter it's ultimately controlled.

Plus, it sounds like they've got him on some weird draw system with the hours business. He explained it better, but I still don't understand it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1559 on: July 16, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »

J-Mann, of course you don't have to type up a long post.   There is absolutely nothing wrong here and nothing that I need a long advice on.   The job is going great,  there is nothing that would lead any sane person to believe I'm in trouble.  The forum just likes to hang onto every word I say and turn it negative and stop up their ears like lunatics to the real news.   Don't give into these pessimists.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1560 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:05 PM »

J-Mann, of course you don't have to type up a long post.   There is absolutely nothing wrong here and nothing that I need a long advice on.   The job is going great,  there is nothing that would lead any sane person to believe I'm in trouble.  The forum just likes to hang onto every word I say and turn it negative and stop up their ears like lunatics to the real news.   Don't give into these pessimists.

You'd turn down sales advice, mentoring, coaching and motivation from someone who has led and coached dozens of salespeople?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1561 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »

Yeah trust me, AT&T, if you are working directly for them, and even if you aren't, doesn't like throwing money around. I was a shareholder for a few years and they were always concerned with their bottom line, as is every company.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1562 on: July 16, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »

You'd turn down sales advice, mentoring, coaching and motivation from someone who has led and coached dozens of salespeople?

Sales tips I'll accept,. I just won't accept questions or negative posts about my ability.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1563 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:31 PM »

Sales tips I'll accept,. I just won't accept questions or negative posts about my ability.

How about statistically-validated concerns about your ability? If you recall, two years ago I had you take an employment-screening survey to help you learn about your preferred work and communication styles. You told me the read-back I did for you was spot on. My aim isn't negativity, but if your qualitatively- and quantitatively-validated survey tells me the areas where you may struggle in a sales position, I'm going to tell you.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1564 on: July 16, 2014, 08:52:39 PM »

Would you be open to posts where the goal of the post is to make you better at your job? Including things you shouldn't do?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1565 on: July 16, 2014, 08:56:32 PM »

How about statistically-validated concerns about your ability? If you recall, two years ago I had you take an employment-screening survey to help you learn about your preferred work and communication styles. You told me the read-back I did for you was spot on. My aim isn't negativity, but if your qualitatively- and quantitatively-validated survey tells me the areas where you may struggle in a sales position, I'm going to tell you.

As long as it's meant solely to encourage me in my current position then I'll accept it.

Flo, I'll gladly accept recommendations on do's and dont's on the job as long as,  again,  it's not meant to discourage me in my job,
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1566 on: July 16, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »

Just for the record,  I don't think anybody here wants me to fail,  I just wish I could get all encouraging posts designed to help me in my job.   I don't need commentary or predictions of my failure.   That's just a very jerkish response.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1567 on: July 16, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »

Please post the job description, list of duties / tasks, activity expectations, overall goals for the position and describe the type of training you're getting.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1568 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

Did you tell Allison's dad that you have a job now?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1569 on: July 16, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

Still on the vitamins?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1570 on: July 16, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »

Just for the record,  I don't think anybody here wants me to fail,  I just wish I could get all encouraging posts designed to help me in my job.   I don't need commentary or predictions of my failure.   That's just a very jerkish response.

You created these Update threads for the sole purpose of commentary on your life, so don't act so surprised when you get it. You reap what you sow.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1571 on: July 16, 2014, 09:42:03 PM »

I believe he has... which is why I was so hopeful for the Independence Day proposal. 

Bushie, will the Atlasians who have been encouraging/polite to you (aka not that scoundrel Inks) get invites to the wedding?  I've not been to OK and would love a weekend trip out to the Sooner State to celebrate such a wonderful occasion. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1572 on: July 16, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »

Yep. Day 3 tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1573 on: July 16, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »

Please post the job description, list of duties / tasks, activity expectations, overall goals for the position and describe the type of training you're getting.

It will take me a little time to get this all together, but I'll work on it and post it in the next few days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1574 on: July 16, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »

He knows, her mom knows, and, of course, she knows.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies