Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:14:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187348 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: July 17, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »

It is lunch time and the day is going great.  We haven't done much yet today only going over the call flow.  We may shadow agents already on the  floor this afternoon.  This is easy money today.

Well yes, it is quite easy to not do anything.
He's just parroting glib comments from his sales manager. AT&T loves throwing money around. It's easy money today. And so forth.

^^^

bushie shouldnt be foolish enough to believe that any company likes to 'throw money around.'
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1601 on: July 17, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

It is lunch time and the day is going great.  We haven't done much yet today only going over the call flow.  We may shadow agents already on the  floor this afternoon.  This is easy money today.

Well yes, it is quite easy to not do anything.
He's just parroting glib comments from his sales manager. AT&T loves throwing money around. It's easy money today. And so forth.

Nagas is right in this instance.  In the first 4 hours of the day we had maybe 45 minutes of instruction.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1602 on: July 17, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »

I've never had a sales job. How does a draw system work?

It is basically a commission job, however you will get paid something for a time period when you don't have any deals, sales, etc close.  Then when a deal/ sale closes you pay back any draw balance you have from the commission.

For example, lets say you have a $1,000 draw every two weeks.  You go two pay cycles with no sales or deals closing, and then during that third pay cycle you close on a deal that you make $3,500 on.

You will get $1,000 during that first two week period just like you normally would if that was a salary.  You will get another $1,000 during that second pay cycle just like you normally would with a salary.  However, you would then have a $2,000 draw balance.  So what would actually happen is during that third pay cycle when you had a commission deal that you made $3,500 on, you would actually get $1,500.  The $3,500- $2,000 in a draw balance you had to pay back.

So during those three pay cycles you would have a paycheck of $1,000, another one of $1,000 and the last one of $3,500.  It would total out to be the $3,500 you made on that one deal.

I work a sales job and this is basically how I get paid.  I had a couple pay cycles that I didn't close a deal on.  I still got paid during those cycles.  During my last pay check I had a deal close.  The commission I made on that deal was then reduced by my draw balance, and that is what I got a check for.   On the next pay cycle I have another deal that closed, since I currently have no draw balance I will get the full commission check.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1603 on: July 17, 2014, 03:23:35 PM »

Alas, no CADD info.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1604 on: July 17, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »

sounds like metrotech isnt returning his phone calls or emails.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1605 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »

Schools always have someone around, even in the summer. In the worst case he could directly contact his professor. There is no excuse that the school "is closed."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1606 on: July 17, 2014, 04:47:17 PM »

Could we have J-Mann or somebody contact Metrotech and get this straightened out?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1607 on: July 17, 2014, 04:47:21 PM »

I just called her at lunch.  Give her time.  I did send my instructor an email Monday.  I'm not worried about it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1608 on: July 17, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »

bushie, does your new job require you to clock out to go to the bathroom?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1609 on: July 17, 2014, 04:49:10 PM »

Could we have J-Mann or somebody contact Metrotech and get this straightened out?

That's unethical.  Nobody calls someone else's employer or school wanting personal information.  Sim fan did that and he was completely in the wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1610 on: July 17, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »

I have to go in a different code on the phones, but I still get paid for it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1611 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:14 PM »

That's unethical.  Nobody calls someone else's employer or school wanting personal information.  Sim fan did that and he was completely in the wrong.

Who did Simfan call?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1612 on: July 17, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »

I have to go in a different code on the phones, but I still get paid for it.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: July 17, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »

That's unethical.  Nobody calls someone else's employer or school wanting personal information.  Sim fan did that and he was completely in the wrong.

Who did Simfan call?

It was brought to my attention that he called Metrotech posing as a CAD employer asking if I completed school.  He was given the answer in the affirmative.  Select members of the forum, earlier in this thread, rightly denounced his actions in doing so as a violation of privacy, but then wrongly promptly dismissed the findings and still kept hounding me with doubts if I completed the program.  Of course, the same members attacked, and continue to attack me, for lying about my schooling.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1614 on: July 17, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »

I find it so hard to believe that he's calling and emailing and no one will respond back. Yes, it's summer, but colleges don't just shut down for 3 months and administrators/instructors don't just stop responding to emails all summer long. I'm not an idiot.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1615 on: July 17, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »

That's unethical.  Nobody calls someone else's employer or school wanting personal information.  Sim fan did that and he was completely in the wrong.

Who did Simfan call?

It was brought to my attention that he called Metrotech posing as a CAD employer asking if I completed school.  He was given the answer in the affirmative.  Select members of the forum, earlier in this thread, rightly denounced his actions in doing so as a violation of privacy, but then wrongly promptly dismissed the findings and still kept hounding me with doubts if I completed the program.  Of course, the same members attacked, and continue to attack me, for lying about my schooling.

Well that's hypocritical and proves my point... Simfan is one really shady dude.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1616 on: July 17, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »

Well that's hypocritical and proves my point... Simfan is one really shady dude.

Yes, we really need to watch out for his type.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1617 on: July 17, 2014, 07:18:37 PM »

Please read this

http://dailyhealthpost.com/this-is-what-happens-in-your-body-when-you-drink-a-coke/
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: July 17, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »

Things picked up a bit in the training from 13:45-15:30, but then we just sat and talked sports from 15:30-17:00. All together today we got in about 3 hours of training, 4 hours of sports talk, and 1 hour of just sitting there. That's about normal, too... Things really seem to be disorganized. Training is supposed to end either Tuesday or Wednesday (I cannot get a clear answer on that, either) and at this time I honestly don't feel ready to take a call. I realize there are still 3-4 days left of training, but they say we've learned all the material, but since this is a new account they just received there are no calls to listen to in an effort to get the feel for the call flow. We're supposed to do some role playing tomorrow, so that might help and we did go over the call flow this afternoon, so hopefully I'll feel more comfortable after tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1619 on: July 17, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »

All that said,  I still like this job and feel it could be a good fit for me.   I have no intention of quiting, so get that out of your heads.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1620 on: July 17, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »

No job description yet? I get that you are in some sort of a sales role, but I don't yet understand if it is primarily support with an opportunity to upsell, or if it is primarily sales that takes support calls and turns them into sales opportunities. Or if you're doing outbound calling.

Give me the basics ... you've been there for a week, and you undoubtedly were exposed to some sort of job description at some point, whether written or oral. Tell me what you're going to be doing and what they expect of you.

Also, what have you learned in the training?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1621 on: July 17, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »

This is turning into rainbow play systems part 2
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1622 on: July 17, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »

This job will be over in 2 weeks tops, and if he told us he was fired tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised.

Is this the kind of job where you can be let go after training like many of Bushie's other call center jobs? Where he doesn't make it through the cut?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1623 on: July 17, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »

Bushie, what are you current plans re: proposing to Allison?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1624 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »

I used to be a university teaching assistant. Even individual departments do not close down during the summer, though administrative offices are often technically closed for a few weeks at quiet periods if the department is short on admin staff (as they often are). There are always people around, staff continue to answer emails, and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies