Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:33:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187289 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: July 20, 2014, 08:56:27 PM »

Whatever it is,  I'm going to go to bed to get my body in a horizontal position.  I have to try to go tomorrow.  My job is to important to let it get torpedoed by a silly stomach virus.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1751 on: July 20, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »

Does anyone know if travelers diarrhea is contagious?  My aunt came down with it coming back from Spain last week and just got over it.  I was around her all day Saturday and for an hour today.  Now,  I've been gagging all day at nearly every scent.  I'm not in pain at this time and I haven't thrown up yet, but I've been close.

Unlikely. A more-likely reason for your sensitive gag reflex is your aunt regaling you with stories of her traveler's diarrhea.

add to my gagging minor cramping and bowel movements

What did you eat in the past 48 hours?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1752 on: July 20, 2014, 09:24:31 PM »

Does anyone know if travelers diarrhea is contagious?  My aunt came down with it coming back from Spain last week and just got over it.  I was around her all day Saturday and for an hour today.  Now,  I've been gagging all day at nearly every scent.  I'm not in pain at this time and I haven't thrown up yet, but I've been close.

Unlikely. A more-likely reason for your sensitive gag reflex is your aunt regaling you with stories of her traveler's diarrhea.

add to my gagging minor cramping and bowel movements

What did you eat in the past 48 hours?

Bushie was on the road today.  Do you have to ask that question?  Probably that lovely 4 cheese Braum's burger that you love so much. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1753 on: July 20, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »

Probably grilled pizza/grilled hamburgers/enchilada casserole/roast/noodles or they went out to south of the border/braums/applebees/etc
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1754 on: July 20, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis

Not to harp on yet another thing, but your weight and general disregard for your health causes you to be more susceptible to little illnesses, which cause you to miss work, which cause you to lose jobs. Baby steps are not working for you. You need radical action.

http://www.wlsfa.org/looking-for-help/
http://www.ehow.com/how_5645859_apply-grants-weight-loss-programs.html
http://www.katu.com/news/local/126001408.html?mobile=y
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1755 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »

As things stand right now coming to the end of a Friday night, I am not only more comfortable, but continue to be very excited about getting on the phones the middle of next week.  J-Mann, I get that my personality type does not match call centers and sales jobs, but I do not believe that's a hard and fast rule.  I believe there are exceptions to every rule.  A person's frame of mind, I believe, plays a larger role than scientific results.  Anybody can do just about anything if they put their mind to it.  Bottom line, I am not going to let scientific results dictate how and where I make a living.

Jeff, this is why you repeatedly fail at jobs (and other tasks); you ignore facts, patterns, and statistics and let your emotions govern as you tell yourself that you'll defy the odds. You have yet to defy the odds, but you think each time will be different; it's a mentality similar to those addicted to gambling. In order to be successful, you're going to have to stop telling yourself that you can do things you can't and accept your traits and flaws as they really are.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1756 on: July 20, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »

As things stand right now coming to the end of a Friday night, I am not only more comfortable, but continue to be very excited about getting on the phones the middle of next week.  J-Mann, I get that my personality type does not match call centers and sales jobs, but I do not believe that's a hard and fast rule.  I believe there are exceptions to every rule.  A person's frame of mind, I believe, plays a larger role than scientific results.  Anybody can do just about anything if they put their mind to it.  Bottom line, I am not going to let scientific results dictate how and where I make a living.

See, this is where we differ. I have no idea why you wish to prove us wrong over this after being let go of countless call center jobs, but maybe one day you will succeed. And I'm fairly sure J-Mann knows more about sales jobs than you do; we all know how they act during training and then how things are different when you actually are on the sales floor. You know that too. You've felt great about these call center jobs and then the first or second day on the phones, you're either let go or in trouble on the verge of being let go.

That said, I hope you keep this one until you find a CAD job, and I hope you make an honest effort to find one. It would suit you far better than sales.

I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong that I cannot work in a call center or sales, I am just trying to prove to myself that I can keep a job no matter what it is.

But that's not a rational goal to have. Some jobs are not suited for you, and you're setting an unobtainable goal if you think that you should be able to keep any job.

He attempted to sell Ameriscam here - resulting in his forced removal as as a moderator - which... um... speaks volumes as to his sales skills and general business acumen.

He resigned (after prodding from other mods), but it's not at all accurate to say he was forcefully removed. Dave never gave any indication that he would've removed Bushie without his resignation.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1757 on: July 21, 2014, 12:23:12 AM »

Will Bushie make it to work?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1758 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:51 AM »

Probably grilled pizza/grilled hamburgers/enchilada casserole/roast/noodles or they went out to south of the border/braums/applebees/etc
The name of the dreadful Mexican chain is On the Border, not South of the Border
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1759 on: July 21, 2014, 07:52:07 AM »

As things stand right now coming to the end of a Friday night, I am not only more comfortable, but continue to be very excited about getting on the phones the middle of next week.  J-Mann, I get that my personality type does not match call centers and sales jobs, but I do not believe that's a hard and fast rule.  I believe there are exceptions to every rule.  A person's frame of mind, I believe, plays a larger role than scientific results.  Anybody can do just about anything if they put their mind to it.  Bottom line, I am not going to let scientific results dictate how and where I make a living.

See, this is where we differ. I have no idea why you wish to prove us wrong over this after being let go of countless call center jobs, but maybe one day you will succeed. And I'm fairly sure J-Mann knows more about sales jobs than you do; we all know how they act during training and then how things are different when you actually are on the sales floor. You know that too. You've felt great about these call center jobs and then the first or second day on the phones, you're either let go or in trouble on the verge of being let go.

That said, I hope you keep this one until you find a CAD job, and I hope you make an honest effort to find one. It would suit you far better than sales.

I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong that I cannot work in a call center or sales, I am just trying to prove to myself that I can keep a job no matter what it is.

But that's not a rational goal to have. Some jobs are not suited for you, and you're setting an unobtainable goal if you think that you should be able to keep any job.

He attempted to sell Ameriscam here - resulting in his forced removal as as a moderator - which... um... speaks volumes as to his sales skills and general business acumen.

He resigned (after prodding from other mods), but it's not at all accurate to say he was forcefully removed. Dave never gave any indication that he would've removed Bushie without his resignation.

He was forcefully removed by the moderator community though. I remember the incident and in no way did he go willingly.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1760 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:34 AM »

Oooh, I don't know about that one...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1761 on: July 21, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »

He was forcefully removed by the moderator community though. I remember the incident and in no way did he go willingly.

Yeah, we basically had to break out a metaphorical crowbar.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1762 on: July 21, 2014, 11:31:50 AM »

Yeah, we basically had to break out a metaphorical crowbar.

It's the only language they understand.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1763 on: July 21, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »

He hasn't  made a peep on the internets today, so I'm guessing he missed work.  RIP.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1764 on: July 21, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »

I did stay home today because my stomach ache and gagging last night turned into a full night of throwing up (mostly dry heaves) plus a nasty cocktail of symptoms.  My body was spent when I woke up at 6:00 this morning and it felt like I had not slept all night, even though I had been in bed since 21:15 minus the times I was anchored on or over the john.  I called in just before 7:00 and went back to bed and didn't get up again until almost 10:30.  I'm starting to get better, I think, just now down to a severe headache, but I'm still going to take the rest of the day off and go in tomorrow.  If this affects my job then so be it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1765 on: July 21, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »

aka Bushie quit

Are you still taking the vitamins?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1766 on: July 21, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

Bushie, are you sure Tiffany didn't give you HIV?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1767 on: July 21, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »

aka Bushie quit

Are you still taking the vitamins?

I haven't quit and I have every intention of going in tomorrow and carrying on like nothing happened.  If they want to do away with me then that is their prerogative.  They will have to let me go, I will not leave on my own.  I'll just have to wait and see what happens when I go in tomorrow.

Yes, I am still taking the vitamins.  I've taken them every day since last Tuesday except yesterday.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1768 on: July 21, 2014, 12:44:13 PM »

Yeah they'll fire him tomorrow, if not by the end of the day. He hasn't been there 3 weeks and is already missing time.

He just needs to get on disability and call it quits! Then he and Allison can live happily ever after. Sheesh, how long will he play this song and dance?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1769 on: July 21, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »

You've had every intention to do a lot of things. That's a terrible non-job anyway. Cash your training check and leave.

Glad you're still on the vitamins, which will help you with your illnesseseseses.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1770 on: July 21, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »

The funny thing is out of the 13 people in my training class, nobody and I mean nobody has perfect attendance.  Everybody has missed at least one day.  Some of them have missed two or more.  Now, I think two or three of them have quit, but I definitely have company in the non-perfect attendance crowd.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1771 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:46 PM »

In fact, I'm going to go on in to work this afternoon and get at least 3 1/2 hours of work in today.  That will at least help my August 7 paycheck a little bit.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1772 on: July 21, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »

This is just like the movie Groundhog Day.......I can't f[inks]ing believe it.  Even if you shat your pants in the middle of a call and barfed on their carpeting you should have gone.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1773 on: July 21, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

This is just like the movie Groundhog Day.......I can't f[inks]ing believe it.  Even if you shat your pants in the middle of a call and barfed on their carpeting you should have gone.

He would have been sent home.  Clearly this buttgravy bug is contagious.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1774 on: July 21, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

What did he eat this weekend I wonder? He still hasn't answered that question.

And travelers dia isn't contagious by any means. It's caused by eating bad food or drinking bad water.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies