Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:23:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187371 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: July 21, 2014, 08:57:57 PM »

This sounds so shady. 5 people have already "quit" after a few days of sitting around and talking about sports and cooking?

3 people have apparently quit because they weren't understanding the material that we did go over the first few days of class.

Or did 3 people quit because they realized it was a scam??

Since you think you are getting paid tomorrow, do you know if it is straight salary or a draw yet?

It's not a scam and is not a draw system.  What will happen is I will compete against the other 11 agents.  The top 5% will get $6.00/hr more than the base.  The next 5%, $5.00;  then it goes down from there.  The top 70% will get at least 25 cents an hour additional.  Only the bottom 30% won't get anything.

Bushie, can yo please pm myself J-Mann, Grumps and a few others the name of this company, so we can do some research??

check your messages
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1826 on: July 21, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »

This sounds so shady. 5 people have already "quit" after a few days of sitting around and talking about sports and cooking?

3 people have apparently quit because they weren't understanding the material that we did go over the first few days of class.

Or did 3 people quit because they realized it was a scam??

Since you think you are getting paid tomorrow, do you know if it is straight salary or a draw yet?

It's not a scam and is not a draw system.  What will happen is I will compete against the other 11 agents.  The top 5% will get $6.00/hr more than the base.  The next 5%, $5.00;  then it goes down from there.  The top 70% will get at least 25 cents an hour additional.  Only the bottom 30% won't get anything.

Bushie, can yo please pm myself J-Mann, Grumps and a few others the name of this company, so we can do some research??

check your messages

Just looking briefly for now, but found the career potion a bit odd.  Mentions nothing about salary or beneits, not even the bs competitive salary.

Did find something  bit interesting in rregads to what was discussed earlier.  Another office in another state was forced to pay workers after complaints about taking pay away for bathroom breaks.  Workers said it broke state labor laws and they won.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1827 on: July 21, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »

With all of five minutes of investigating ...

... it's legitimate enough -- an "insourced" call center for communication / telecom / tech companies to utilize for customer support and upselling purposes.

The reviews on Glassdoor, however, are universally negative. It's a churn-and-burn environment; one that -- again, Jeff -- is not conducive to your psychological strengths and make-up. It's probably as close to a legal sweatshop as you can get. The entire reason places like this exist are because companies like AT&T DO NOT like to "throw money around." Rather than hire their own in-house staff of well-paid inside sales and customer service associates, they insource these duties to companies that fill those voids while standing on the backs of those desperate for a job.

BUT ... it's legitimate. Do what you need to do to survive there, Jeff, but realize that ultimately this job and this company aren't for you and keep searching in the evenings for something better that suits your skill set.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1828 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »

With all of five minutes of investigating ...

... it's legitimate enough -- an "insourced" call center for communication / telecom / tech companies to utilize for customer support and upselling purposes.

The reviews on Glassdoor, however, are universally negative. It's a churn-and-burn environment; one that -- again, Jeff -- is not conducive to your psychological strengths and make-up. It's probably as close to a legal sweatshop as you can get. The entire reason places like this exist are because companies like AT&T DO NOT like to "throw money around." Rather than hire their own in-house staff of well-paid inside sales and customer service associates, they insource these duties to companies that fill those voids while standing on the backs of those desperate for a job.

BUT ... it's legitimate. Do what you need to do to survive there, Jeff, but realize that ultimately this job and this company aren't for you and keep searching in the evenings for something better that suits your skill set.

I would agree with this.  It is legit, and considerably better than some of the other "jobs" Bushie has had.  However, it appears to be very cut throat with little upside.  I wish you the best, but I would continue looking for other jobs across the board, I just don'tsee it as a good fit
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1829 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »

The funny thing is out of the 13 people in my training class, nobody and I mean nobody has perfect attendance.  Everybody has missed at least one day.  Some of them have missed two or more.  Now, I think two or three of them have quit, but I definitely have company in the non-perfect attendance crowd.

...smoke meet fire... there could be a reason why you all find yourselves in this $hitshow of a job...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1830 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »

Yeah this isn't a scam job by any means. It's just one of those jobs that churn and burn people. Bushie is by no means safe, and I'll be shocked if he lasts more than a couple of weeks after he actually gets on the phones. Has he ever lasted more than a few weeks at any call center he's worked at?

Also, it's strange Bushie insists on working at a job he knows he isn't suited for, yet refuses to work retail or at Wal Mart because he feels it isn't a job he's suited for.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1831 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:03 PM »

Bushie don't listen to these negative nancies. This sounds like a super chill job full of fun people. Maybe you'll even learn a little bit about hip-hop (is there Christian gospel hip-hop?). Grab a hold of the reigns and don't let go, no matter how much the bucking bronco that will be this job is trying to throw you off.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1832 on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:37 PM »

Bushie don't listen to these negative nancies. This sounds like a super chill job full of fun people. Maybe you'll even learn a little bit about hip-hop (is there Christian gospel hip-hop?). Grab a hold of the reigns and don't let go, no matter how much the bucking bronco that will be this job is trying to throw you off.

Lief, the bosses will be badgering him for not meeting his numbers in no time.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1833 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »

Yeah this isn't a scam job by any means. It's just one of those jobs that churn and burn people. Bushie is by no means safe, and I'll be shocked if he lasts more than a couple of weeks after he actually gets on the phones. Has he ever lasted more than a few weeks at any call center he's worked at?

Also, it's strange Bushie insists on working at a job he knows he isn't suited for, yet refuses to work retail or at Wal Mart because he feels it isn't a job he's suited for.

He claims this is different because he use to do inbound and now this is outbound.  Somehow not realizing that if he can't handle inbound calls, how the hell is he ever going to handle outgoing sales calls??
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1834 on: July 21, 2014, 10:10:50 PM »

Lief, the bosses will be badgering him for not meeting his numbers in no time.

Probably. But he might as well enjoy the next four days of being paid to do nothing.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1835 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »

Bushie, how well are you at dealing with people yelling, screaming and cursing at you without taking it personally?  And how are you in dealing with it in general?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1836 on: July 21, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »

If anything, perhaps all the discussions about the cooking channel will help Bushie learn how to cook without assistance!

And he never told us what all he ate this weekend Sad
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1837 on: July 21, 2014, 10:21:25 PM »

If anything, perhaps all the discussions about the cooking channel will help Bushie learn how to cook without assistance!

The chance he ate good is about the same as the chance he went for a walk.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1838 on: July 21, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »

You cannot expect him to eat well when there's all of this excitement.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I don't get decent food for a while, usually due to travelling etc, I feel dreadful.

... so again, Bushie, your diet is probably the one making you sick.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1839 on: July 21, 2014, 10:57:44 PM »

Holy crap guys, Bushie might have found a job run by people as averse to working as he is! Bushie, hold on to this baby tight and DO NOT LET GO.

LOL, that's what I'm thinking. He might keep this job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1840 on: July 21, 2014, 11:45:59 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-failing-to-heed-harsh-lessons-of-past-orders-s,36440/

How do we know for sure an Onion writer doesn't read Update?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1841 on: July 22, 2014, 12:58:33 AM »

I think Bushie should try his hand as a 911 dispatch operator (or at least the two week training period).  It's a call center, and I'm sure he'd cope just fine with the pressure.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1842 on: July 22, 2014, 05:54:52 AM »

Have you earned more than $2000 in the 3 months you've lived on Tulsa?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1843 on: July 22, 2014, 06:55:59 AM »

Have we ruled out oblomovitis as a possible cause of Bushie's woes?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1844 on: July 22, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »

I feel so much better this morning and am ready to go to work today. Whatever I had was brutal, but thankfully only lasted 24 hours. I will leave here at 7:20 this morning. I should be getting my first paycheck just before Noon and I will deposit it right after work since the bank is on my way home.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1845 on: July 22, 2014, 07:35:56 AM »

I feel so much better this morning and am ready to go to work today. Whatever I had was brutal, but thankfully only lasted 24 hours. I will leave here at 7:20 this morning. I should be getting my first paycheck just before Noon and I will deposit it right after work since the bank is on my way home.
No direct deposit? Do you work in 1983?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1846 on: July 22, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »

No direct deposit? Do you work in 1983?

Due to the high turnover rate, they do not offer direct deposit to peons like me.  Only the upper management get direct deposit.  Direct deposit was getting too expensive for the company.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1847 on: July 22, 2014, 08:01:18 AM »

Cheques still exist?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1848 on: July 22, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »

That is a serious red flag. My brother was paid via direct deposit working at McDonald's.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1849 on: July 22, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »

Direct deposit was getting too expensive for the company.

I doubt thats possible and I'm afraid Paycheck 1 or Paycheck 2 will be far less than Our Dear Friend has calculated in his head.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies