Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:11:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 186779 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: July 22, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »

I setup DD for employees at a small business I worked for a few years ago. It was like $.50 per paycheck.

That said, I wouldn't take DD at any of these jobs Bushie goes for. These are not employers I would trust with my banking information.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1851 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »

Oh, and only half the class decided to show up today...

You say that as if it is some sort of justification for you missing. In 2 months (if that), it won't really matter that Billy Sue had as many call offs as you, because the end result will be that both you and Billy Sue are unemployed.

I'm not saying this as a matter of self-justification, or maybe I am.  Missing 3/4 of a day is certainly missing 2 days or more.   Everyone there has at least 1.5 missed days, and in some cases 2-3 full days.  Though not confirmed, I believe three ladies have quit by missing 5 days already.  I certainly don't want to miss any more, but I'm not in any danger at the present time.

You shouldn't even pay attention to your coworkers' attendance, because it's only going to cause problems for you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1852 on: July 22, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »

I feel so much better this morning and am ready to go to work today. Whatever I had was brutal, but thankfully only lasted 24 hours. I will leave here at 7:20 this morning. I should be getting my first paycheck just before Noon and I will deposit it right after work since the bank is on my way home.
No direct deposit? Do you work in 1983?

Due to the high turnover rate, they do not offer direct deposit to peons like me.  Only the upper management get direct deposit.  Direct deposit was getting too expensive for the company.

That should be a HUGE red flag. Jeff, you need to be looking for other jobs, not just CAD jobs, because my guess is that if you don't, you'll be unemployed by Labor Day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1853 on: July 22, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »

My paycheck is actually higher than what I expected.

I will call and find out info on post office jobs tonight.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1854 on: July 22, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

bushie you once said that you wouldnt be able to sell a five dollar bill for a nickel.   what changed?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1855 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:55 PM »

bushie you once said that you wouldnt be able to sell a five dollar bill for a nickel.   what changed?

I don't know if anything changed other than my mind set.  I will find out when I get on the phones.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1856 on: July 22, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »

My employer earned big points with me today by paying me exactly what they promised me.  That's not a light thing in my book.  It should be a no-brainer,  but with my job history is actually a remarkable feat.  I'm still going to look for another job, but this makes me want to work as hard as I can for the time I'm there.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1857 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »

My employer earned big points with me today by paying me exactly what they promised me. ...[T]his makes me want to work as hard as I can for the time I'm there.

america.txt
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1858 on: July 22, 2014, 09:28:09 PM »

Wait... did they not deduct payroll tax?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1859 on: July 22, 2014, 09:42:03 PM »

My employer earned big points with me today by paying me exactly what they promised me.  That's not a light thing in my book.  It should be a no-brainer,  but with my job history is actually a remarkable feat.  I'm still going to look for another job, but this makes me want to work as hard as I can for the time I'm there.

They earned big points for not violating labor laws?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1860 on: July 22, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »

lol. That was exactly what I thought when I read that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1861 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »

Time for a vintage Update trip down memory lane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBsKZUAHzAc

Also Xahar recounts a classic episode here that I'm reminded somewhat of here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173181.msg3739207#msg3739207
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1862 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »

Bushie's next job: working in a chocolate factory with an out-of-control conveyor belt.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1863 on: July 23, 2014, 12:37:23 AM »

lol. That was exactly what I thought when I read that.

Yup... I mean, not f***ing him over and obeying the law is the new standard of good employers?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1864 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:30 AM »

Bushie's sense of loyalty is adorable sometimes. He reminds me of an innocent boy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1865 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:25 AM »

Yeah, it should be common place for them following the law, but all I'm saying is that with my recent places of employment who did not pay me what they promised, it is not a light thing.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1866 on: July 23, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »

Yeah, it should be common place for them following the law, but all I'm saying is that with my recent places of employment who did not pay me what they promised, it is not a light thing.

It's just relative... the others were terrible and this lot are just doing what they're obliged to do
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1867 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »

I'm sure the others all paid you what they really promised in the fine print.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1868 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »

Have mama and papa Bushie handed down their judgement yet and declared you need to come home to OKC yet? Or is that going to be next season after the firing?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1869 on: July 23, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »

MJ, no, in fact if I moved back down there I'd have to live with Grandma.  Her rent house is occupied as of August 1 and Mom and Dad have turned my bedroom into a train room.  Instead, since I am under a one year lease up here their attitude is "you made your bed, now sleep in it."  It's a good thing I have a steady job to provide me income!  Things are really starting to turn around for me.  This job allows me to enjoy life more and go on more dates with Allison.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1870 on: July 23, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »

Are they still paying your bills?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1871 on: July 23, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

They're paying for a lot fewer bills.  I'm picking up my rent and a couple other bills, and they're chipping in for other smaller bills, but not as much as a month ago.  I hope to make their contribution less and less until I don't need it at all anymore.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1872 on: July 23, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »

They're paying for a lot fewer bills.  I'm picking up my rent and a couple other bills, and they're chipping in for other smaller bills, but not as much as a month ago.  I hope to make their contribution less and less until I don't need it at all anymore.

So you're paying rent and what else? Are they still paying your credit cards off?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1873 on: July 23, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

So you're paying rent and what else? Are they still paying your credit cards off?

I'd rather not say publicly.  I don't want to give Mondale any ideas.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1874 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:14 PM »

I'd rather not say publicly.  I don't want to give Mondale any ideas.

I'm not saying to list the companies. I'm just curious if you're paying your insurance, utilities, etc. I'm also curious of whether you actually started paying your cards off yourself like you assured us you would.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies