Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:35:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 186786 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: July 23, 2014, 05:08:23 PM »

They're paying for a lot fewer bills.  I'm picking up my rent and a couple other bills, and they're chipping in for other smaller bills, but not as much as a month ago.  I hope to make their contribution less and less until I don't need it at all anymore.

So you're paying rent and what else? Are they still paying your credit cards off?

I'd rather not say publicly.  I don't want to give Mondale any ideas.

I'm not saying to list the companies. I'm just curious if you're paying your insurance, utilities, etc. I'm also curious of whether you actually started paying your cards off yourself like you assured us you would.

I'm paying the rent, utilities, cable, cell phone, student loan (college), life insurance, one credit card, and gasoline.  They are paying the other credit card, my regular loan, and the car insurance.

I am still trying to pay off the regular loan.  I had to drop to minimum payments due to the loss of my job, but now that I am working I hope to be able to pay down the loan faster.  I am within 8 months at minimum payments to pay it off.  So, I am trying to cut that down to 4-5 months.  Once that is paid off, then we'll start on the big credit card.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1876 on: July 23, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »

TRAIN ROOM

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1877 on: July 23, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

Bushie, forgive my ignorance on this, but do either your or Allison's religious beliefs have anything to say about birth control?  Just wondering if a Bushie Jr. conception shortly after the wedding is a strong possibility.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1878 on: July 23, 2014, 06:22:49 PM »

I'd have my feelings pretty damn hurt if I was unemployed and broke like Bushie will be by Labor Day, and my parents said I couldn't come home because having a train room is more important. That's not just ice cold. That's zero degrees Kelvin scale.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1879 on: July 23, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »

I'd have my feelings pretty damn hurt if I was unemployed and broke like Bushie will be by Labor Day, and my parents said I couldn't come home because having a train room is more important. That's not just ice cold. That's zero degrees Kelvin scale.

Can you really blame them after all these years?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1880 on: July 23, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »

The train in his room is pretty symbolic. It sounds like Papa and Mama Bushie are both on the train riding away from Bushie's financial needs whether he likes it or not. I wonder what will happen after this job falls through.

Will they once again take him back or finally say enough is enough?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1881 on: July 23, 2014, 08:11:32 PM »

Quite frankly, this is the best thing Bushie's parents have done for him in years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1882 on: July 23, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »

First off, I am not going to lose this job, so I don't know why all the speculation and negative posting about that.  Did I not specifically request that all such speculation be stopped?  Why am I being ignored?

Second, I have just started the application process for the post office.  I just ordered an application packet over the phone that will arrive at my door within 10-14 calendar days.  That's the only way to apply for the post office.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1883 on: July 23, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »

Why have you applied at the post office?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1884 on: July 23, 2014, 08:42:56 PM »

First off, I am not going to lose this job, so I don't know why all the speculation and negative posting about that.  Did I not specifically request that all such speculation be stopped?  Why am I being ignored?

Second, I have just started the application process for the post office.  I just ordered an application packet over the phone that will arrive at my door within 10-14 calendar days.  That's the only way to apply for the post office.

When you lament the fact that you're being ignored, Jon Stewart should run clips of all the times you've ignored the good advice of the posters here.

On your second point ... GOOD. I don't exactly know what sorts of positions you'd be looking at with the post office, but plenty of people I've known have turned that into a stable and long-term career. Aside from doing customer service at a counter, they may have something that's more up your alley. And keep the passive search up for other opportunities, too. Now's the time to do it -- when you're not desperate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1885 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:16 PM »

First off, I am not going to lose this job, so I don't know why all the speculation and negative posting about that.  Did I not specifically request that all such speculation be stopped?  Why am I being ignored?

Second, I have just started the application process for the post office.  I just ordered an application packet over the phone that will arrive at my door within 10-14 calendar days.  That's the only way to apply for the post office.

When you lament the fact that you're being ignored, Jon Stewart should run clips of all the times you've ignored the good advice of the posters here.

On your second point ... GOOD. I don't exactly know what sorts of positions you'd be looking at with the post office, but plenty of people I've known have turned that into a stable and long-term career. Aside from doing customer service at a counter, they may have something that's more up your alley. And keep the passive search up for other opportunities, too. Now's the time to do it -- when you're not desperate.

I wouldn't mind being a letter carrier.  It be a sure way to lose weight and get in shape, especially if I'm running neighborhood street routes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1886 on: July 23, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »

My grandfather was a letter carrier for 30 years. You're not cut out for it.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds is pretty much the opposite of your life philosophy.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1887 on: July 23, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »

Yep, my Dad was a letter carrier for over 45 years.  Depending on your route it is a real hard job, he walked about 10 miles a day in all elements (from 100 degrees to blizzards) and would still go out while very ill. While 65 on a new hip and bum knee, he was still outpacing carriers 1/3 of his age.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1888 on: July 23, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »

There are plenty of other jobs, the letter carrier is just the most visible position within the postal service.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1889 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »

Um, no... USPS has online applications for everything I found in Oklahoma, and some jobs even say that the application must be done online. Your aversion to online applications is quite odd, and counterproductive to what you need.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1890 on: July 23, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »

There are plenty of other jobs, the letter carrier is just the most visible position within the postal service.

Jeff, that's not a reasonable job for you. At the point you can go 14 days straight walking 2 miles, then you can think about applying. But so far, your record is like 2 days, and then something comes up. You simply couldn't handle that much walking in my opinion.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1891 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »

Lol yeah, a letter carrier is the last thing he needs to be. I was thinking more of one of the people that work in the actual post office who stamp things and help people mail packages. I've seen plenty of fats do that job.

But Bushie delivering mail in all kinds of weather and having to walk? No way. The town would never get their mail because he'd be out with an upset stomach or headache!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1892 on: July 23, 2014, 10:57:30 PM »

Um, no... USPS has online applications for everything I found in Oklahoma, and some jobs even say that the application must be done online. Your aversion to online applications is quite odd, and counterproductive to what you need.

Isn't Bushie's bachelor's degree in online commerce or something?!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1893 on: July 23, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »

Isn't Bushie's bachelor's degree in online commerce or something?!

Yep, which makes this so entertaining. He ordered a paper application that will take 2 weeks to get there over applying online.

I mean, he can easily go http://about.usps.com/careers/welcome.htm

And apply online
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1894 on: July 23, 2014, 11:19:54 PM »

Has Bushie been applying through paper this entire time? For everything?

Jesus.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1895 on: July 23, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »

I bet Papa Bushie spends a lot of time in his train room.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1896 on: July 24, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »

Bushie,

1. I know you don't wan to hear negativity, but it is a fact of life.  We all wish you success, and hope we are wrong about your jo situation.  However, the fact of the matter is you aren't a sales person, you aren't cut out for it.  That isn't a knock on you, but its just reality.  Doing outbound sales calls is far more difficult than handling inbound calls, which you could not do.  I work in sales, albeit in a different industry (financing), but its just not a good fit.

2.  Make the online applications postal service.  Don't waste time or the package.  That is absolutely insane.

3.  You can't become a letter carrier.  You are in awful shape and woudn't be able to handle the walking.  There likely is other stuff you would be cut out for (working the counter for one perhaps), however letter carrier is not one of them.

You really need to set yourself up with goals, but realistic ones.   Know what you are good in and focus on that.  Know what you need to work on and do what you can to improve.  There is nothing wrong with having a positive outlook, and it is important to have one.  However, at the same time it is also important to know what your limitaions are.  This I think tends to be your biggest flaw.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1897 on: July 24, 2014, 12:41:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure nobody walks mail delivery in Oklahoma. They have little postal jeeps that drive the mailmen from box to box.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1898 on: July 24, 2014, 03:01:09 AM »

I'm pretty sure nobody walks mail delivery in Oklahoma. They have little postal jeeps that drive the mailmen from box to box.

Who walks mail delivery anymore?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1899 on: July 24, 2014, 05:37:15 AM »

Our Dear Friend drives 1/3 of a mile to switch laundry.  Walking miles as a letter carrier is simply not possible for a 300 pound person.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies