Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:00:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187228 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: July 24, 2014, 06:38:43 AM »

The train in his room is pretty symbolic. It sounds like Papa and Mama Bushie are both on the train riding away from Bushie's financial needs whether he likes it or not. I wonder what will happen after this job falls through.

Will they once again take him back or finally say enough is enough?

See, I thought the train room was created to try and save the marriage. It's been on the verge of collapse with Jeffie moving back home. Since they pushed him out of OKC and into Tulsa, they must have found something to rekindle the romance.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1901 on: July 24, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »

I'm pretty sure nobody walks mail delivery in Oklahoma. They have little postal jeeps that drive the mailmen from box to box.

Who walks mail delivery anymore?
That's how it's done in dense cities. You can't exactly drive from mailbox to mailbox in Manhattan. I do find the practice of physical mail delivery rather antiquated in 2014, though. Unless I order something from Amazon, the only mail I ever get is junk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1902 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:47 AM »

They still walk the mail in Oklahoma, especially in the cities and suburbs.  We have neighborhoods with the mail box on the wall of the house by the front door.  It makes more sense to walk than to drive.  In the country, driving makes more sense.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1903 on: July 24, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »

The train in his room is pretty symbolic. It sounds like Papa and Mama Bushie are both on the train riding away from Bushie's financial needs whether he likes it or not. I wonder what will happen after this job falls through.

Will they once again take him back or finally say enough is enough?

See, I thought the train room was created to try and save the marriage. It's been on the verge of collapse with Jeffie moving back home. Since they pushed him out of OKC and into Tulsa, they must have found something to rekindle the romance.

I like that explanation too. Perhaps Papa and Mama Bushie have some sort of thing for trains and this has led to lots of magic since Bushie moved out to Tulsa. From the sound of it, they don't particularly want him to move back in, even if he loses his job.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1904 on: July 24, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »

They still walk the mail in Oklahoma, especially in the cities and suburbs.  We have neighborhoods with the mail box on the wall of the house by the front door.  It makes more sense to walk than to drive.  In the country, driving makes more sense.

It doesn't matter because you can't do the job......not physically possible.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1905 on: July 24, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »

They walk the mail in my neighborhood, but that's not really surprising.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1906 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »

At Bushie's fitness level, walking the mail can even be having to walk to a doorside mailbox from the driveway too many times in a day. Or having to stand and fill every PO Box at the post office or apartment complexes.

He is more cut out for outbound sales calls than working for a shipping company.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #1907 on: July 24, 2014, 12:49:51 PM »

'XV'

You mean...there are more of these?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1908 on: July 24, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »

As of right now, I do plan opening Season XVI once we reach 2,000 posts.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1909 on: July 24, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »

Well hopefully Eraserhead remains the executive producer on XVI. I think he's done a real heck of a job on this season, and I look forward to see where he'll take the next one.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1910 on: July 24, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »

Well hopefully Eraserhead remains the executive producer on XVI. I think he's done a real heck of a job on this season, and I look forward to see where he'll take the next one.

What?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1911 on: July 24, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2014, 03:17:13 PM by Duke »

What?

The 5th amendment, which is incorporated into the state through the 14th amendment, provides protection against, among other things, the right against self incrimination. This means that people under interrogation by government officials have the right to withhold information that they deem self incriminating. In Miranda v. Arizona, the Court established something you may know as the "Miranda rights," which must be read to criminal suspects in police custody. After they are aware of their rights, they may chose to protect themselves and refuse to talk OR they may waive their rights. If a suspects waives their miranda rights, they are then required to answer ALL questions posed to them by police, not simply the ones they wish to answer. The miranda waiver is all inclusive; they may not pick and chose questions.

Here, Eraserhead has been the gatekeeper of the Update this season. In the past, Bushie chose a partial waiver of his miranda rights, where he would answer questions he wished to answer while threatening to lock or close Update when he got questions he did not like. While Bushie got away with these crimes, as the statute of limitations has ran, now he is not so lucky. Bushie may argue that because Atlas is not the government, this does not apply, but his argument would likely be unsuccessful. In certain circumstances, private entities may be responsible for constitutional violations where they are acting as a government or providing government functions. Here, the moderators and Dave Liep are essential "government actors" because they represent our virtual government, so the constitutional protections and privileges will apply to Bushie.

Therefore, Eraserhead's production of the Update is not only in the best interest of the forum, it is also in the best interest of justice. Bushie will no longer be able to violate the rights he received and subsequently waived under the provisions of Miranda.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1912 on: July 24, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »

Bushie won't get a job with the Post Office. There are at least two rounds of applying/tests someone will go through, and in many cases, you end up on a waiting list that can take up to a year for even qualified applicants to become employed. You then end up on a one-year probation; after 365 days, they decide whether they're going to keep you or not, and only then do you actually begin getting real USPS pay and benefits.

I'd have my feelings pretty damn hurt if I was unemployed and broke like Bushie will be by Labor Day, and my parents said I couldn't come home because having a train room is more important. That's not just ice cold. That's zero degrees Kelvin scale.

This is exactly what I thought of
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1913 on: July 24, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »

Bushie won't get a job with the Post Office. There are at least two rounds of applying/tests someone will go through, and in many cases, you end up on a waiting list that can take up to a year for even qualified applicants to become employed. You then end up on a one-year probation; after 365 days, they decide whether they're going to keep you or not, and only then do you actually begin getting real USPS pay and benefits.

I'd have my feelings pretty damn hurt if I was unemployed and broke like Bushie will be by Labor Day, and my parents said I couldn't come home because having a train room is more important. That's not just ice cold. That's zero degrees Kelvin scale.

This is exactly what I thought of

Great job!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1914 on: July 24, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »

So, Jeff -- why aren't you applying online for the post office? Are you doing paper applications for other jobs, too?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1915 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:43 PM »

It's worth noting the postal service is actually a quite stressful job, there's a reason the phrase "going postal" exists. It is exactly the type of environment Bushie should never be in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1916 on: July 24, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »

So, Jeff -- why aren't you applying online for the post office? Are you doing paper applications for other jobs, too?

I looked on www.tulsahelpwanted.com and searched for entry-level jobs looking for postal service jobs.  It said "apply here" and gave a phone number, so I called the phone number listed and for a shipping and handling fee I could get the application package sent in the mail which also includes not only an application, but test prep materials (which presumably is why they charge).  If I had applied directly online I doubt I would have gotten the test prep materials.

I apply for some jobs online, other jobs in person which sometimes leads to an immediate interview.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1917 on: July 24, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »

So basically you fell for the scam warned about here:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.regionalhelpwanted.com

You've wasted money on a test prep book for a job you'll never get.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1918 on: July 24, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

OMG. LMAO. Wow wow wow wow wow WOW.

Will Bushie ever run across a scam he DOESN'T fall for?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1919 on: July 24, 2014, 05:59:25 PM »

Jeff, what was the name of the book you bought, and how much did you pay for it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1920 on: July 24, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2014, 06:19:19 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Dadgummet!!!!!  I did fall for it.  Aye, aye, aye....

I can't do anything about the money I spent on this one, I don't believe.

I'm going online to the postal service website as we speak.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1921 on: July 24, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »

Jeff, what was the name of the book you bought, and how much did you pay for it?

I don't know what the name of the book was, but the price was $58 including the price of the book and shipping and handling.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1922 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:59 PM »

Doing a quick search on www.usps.com, I can't find any job openings in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1923 on: July 24, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »

Doing a quick search on www.usps.com, I can't find any job openings in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Organisations like the USPS do not necessarily advertise specific jobs, apply online and they can draw up a merit list to fill positions as they occur.

And for the last time... GO DIRECTLY TO THE ACTUAL ORGANISATION'S WEBSITE!!!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1924 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

Dadgummet!!!!!  I did fall for it.  Aye, aye, aye....

I can't do anything about the money I spent on this one, I don't believe.

I'm going online to the postal service website as we speak.

You could call and try to cancel the order.  Although I'm guessing they'll tell you something like, "It's already shipped."  At least from everything I've found, there are no reports that the scammers steal credit card numbers, but seriously, Jeff, what were you thinking?

You've fallen for more scams than anyone I know... I'm beginning to wonder if your life story isn't just you pulling one epic troll-a-thon on the forum.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies