Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:34:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187239 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: July 24, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »

lol
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1926 on: July 24, 2014, 06:49:53 PM »

Jeff, what was the name of the book you bought, and how much did you pay for it?

I don't know what the name of the book was, but the price was $58 including the price of the book and shipping and handling.

I would check your credit card balance and recent transactions, who knows if you are actually getting a book.  You could have just punched in your credit card data for someone to steal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1927 on: July 24, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »

Dadgummet!!!!!  I did fall for it.  Aye, aye, aye....

I can't do anything about the money I spent on this one, I don't believe.

I'm going online to the postal service website as we speak.

You could call and try to cancel the order.  Although I'm guessing they'll tell you something like, "It's already shipped."  At least from everything I've found, there are no reports that the scammers steal credit card numbers, but seriously, Jeff, what were you thinking?

You've fallen for more scams than anyone I know... I'm beginning to wonder if your life story isn't just you pulling one epic troll-a-thon on the forum.

I have no idea honestly what I was thinking.  I thought initially it was suspicious for them to charge me to apply, but I didn't go with my gut.

I can understand why you think that, but my life story is legit.  I don't purposely like to troll.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1928 on: July 24, 2014, 06:53:18 PM »

Jeff, what was the name of the book you bought, and how much did you pay for it?

I don't know what the name of the book was, but the price was $58 including the price of the book and shipping and handling.

I would check your credit card balance and recent transactions, who knows if you are actually getting a book.  You could have just punched in your credit card data for someone to steal.

I just checked my online account and I don't show a charge on their, yet.  I've checked my pending transactions, but I see nothing.  I gave the information to an actual customer service rep.  I physically talked to someone to give her my cc info.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1929 on: July 24, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »

You spent $58 on a job application and an informational book?? That didn't strike you as a bit odd? Let's just ignore the fact that getting a job application shipped to you is strange enough because you can likely find PDFs online of job applications to fill out.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1930 on: July 24, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »

Bushie... new life lesson. Just assume ARE being scammed until you do enough research to determine you're not.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1931 on: July 24, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »

Bushie

I think I found the add.  Don't you think it is a bit odd it said company: Labor Services??

And had this at the end

You must be logged in to read this quote.

- See more at: http://regionalhelpwanted.com/Search/detail.cfm?SN=34&ID=111087952#sthash.fuikohNn.dpuf

Do you even try to read anything??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1932 on: July 24, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »

I just checked my online account and I don't show a charge on their, yet.  I've checked my pending transactions, but I see nothing.  I gave the information to an actual customer service rep.  I physically talked to someone to give her my cc info.

I would check every couple days for the time being.  The only thing I can really find about the company you applied for is other people saying they made the same call (though they didn't send the $$$).  Hopefully you just got screwed out of the $58.  Keep checking and if you see anything suspicious report it and cancel the card immeiately.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1933 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »

I would check every couple days for the time being.  The only thing I can really find about the company you applied for is other people saying they made the same call (though they didn't send the $$$).  Hopefully you just got screwed out of the $58.  Keep checking and if you see anything suspicious report it and cancel the card immeiately.

I will.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1934 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »

I would call to cancel the order, refuse delivery of it if it comes, and dispute the charges with your credit card company as a scam.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1935 on: July 24, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »

I think it's time for Bushie's money, as much as we can say that he has his own money, to be placed under the care of a conservatorship. It's clear he can't take care of himself.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1936 on: July 24, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »

I would call to cancel the order, refuse delivery of it if it comes, and dispute the charges with your credit card company as a scam.

If they actually send the book and have proof he made the order, he may be stuck, because it could be a "legitimate" purchase, albeit a really, really stupid one. If he gets what he ordered, the company didn't break any laws from what I can tell.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1937 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »

If they actually send the book and have proof he made the order, he may be stuck, because it could be a "legitimate" purchase, albeit a really, really stupid one. If he gets what he ordered, the company didn't break any laws from what I can tell.

Basically this. In fact, they may very well send Bushie a printed version of USPS materials that can be accessed for free at their website.

If you get your billing statement with that charge on it and still haven't gotten anything, just call your credit card company and tell them you're disputing the charge and don't know what it is.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1938 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:54 PM »

Also, Bushie, you say you have a degree in e-commerce. Can you give us some more information about what that actually entails? What kind of courses did you take? Marketing? Did you learn any kind of Web development skills?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1939 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »

A court needs to put Bushie's money in a resulting trust to hold for him until he's competent enough to take care of it himself. Once he proves that he's able to handle it, only then can the trust be ended.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1940 on: July 24, 2014, 08:48:36 PM »

A court needs to put Bushie's money in a resulting trust to hold for him until he's competent enough to take care of it himself. Once he proves that he's able to handle it, only then can the trust be ended.

That would be better, but I wwill settle for him asking in update if he should send $$ to this scam or that scam....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1941 on: July 24, 2014, 09:14:34 PM »

I'm not worried about it.  I've got a good job so I will get paychecks to replenish the money when it comes out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1942 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »

I'm not worried about it.  I've got a good job so I will get paychecks to replenish the money when it comes out.

See, this is a problem! You just threw away $58 and you hardly make a massive salary to where you can just throw away that money on a scam. That's irresponsible even if it is $58.

Also, your credit card number could be used for all kinds of things now. Who do you get your card through? Do they have fraud monitoring? At least through some companies they alert you if your card is used without being swiped.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1943 on: July 24, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

See, this is a problem! You just threw away $58 and you hardly make a massive salary to where you can just throw away that money on a scam. That's irresponsible even if it is $58.

Also, your credit card number could be used for all kinds of things now. Who do you get your card through? Do they have fraud monitoring? At least through some companies they alert you if your card is used without being swiped.

Did you just piss away basically a whole day's pay (after taxes)...
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1944 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:42 PM »

I did a quick search for back-office jobs in Tulsa and came across at least a dozen decent prospects that would fit you better than your current position or one that involves physical labor at the post office. Surely you could handle an entry-level accounting job where you review orders for accuracy and process things, right?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1945 on: July 24, 2014, 10:07:03 PM »

Can I have $58 from you Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1946 on: July 24, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »

I did a quick search for back-office jobs in Tulsa and came across at least a dozen decent prospects that would fit you better than your current position or one that involves physical labor at the post office. Surely you could handle an entry-level accounting job where you review orders for accuracy and process things, right?

Absolutely
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1947 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:27 PM »

Jeff, from your posts on here you are a lot more well versed on a whole range of topics than the average American. You are not dumb but you make incredibly dumb decisions.  Until you address why you do so, you seem condemned to repeat them over and again. I won't presume to know you, however, I would recommend you do some critical self assessment. This is best done with help.  It really pains me to see you  put yourself in bad positions over and again. You've got a lot of happiness in your life but you keep throwing obstacles in your own path. Start treating yourself better, this doesnt mean short term gratifications but a long term, realistic plan to stability.  Good luck figuring it out.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1948 on: July 24, 2014, 10:50:57 PM »

But while your parents are still paying any of your bills, it's ultimately their money that you're wasting. You wasted their $58.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1949 on: July 24, 2014, 11:17:49 PM »

They're paying for a lot fewer bills.  I'm picking up my rent and a couple other bills, and they're chipping in for other smaller bills, but not as much as a month ago.  I hope to make their contribution less and less until I don't need it at all anymore.

So you're paying rent and what else? Are they still paying your credit cards off?

I'd rather not say publicly.  I don't want to give Mondale any ideas.

I'm not saying to list the companies. I'm just curious if you're paying your insurance, utilities, etc. I'm also curious of whether you actually started paying your cards off yourself like you assured us you would.

I'm paying the rent, utilities, cable, cell phone, student loan (college), life insurance, one credit card, and gasoline.  They are paying the other credit card, my regular loan, and the car insurance.

I am still trying to pay off the regular loan.  I had to drop to minimum payments due to the loss of my job, but now that I am working I hope to be able to pay down the loan faster.  I am within 8 months at minimum payments to pay it off.  So, I am trying to cut that down to 4-5 months.  Once that is paid off, then we'll start on the big credit card.

Doesn't the credit card balance have a higher interest rate than the bank loan? Why aren't you paying that down first?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies