Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:30:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 185024 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: July 25, 2014, 12:26:55 AM »

For one, the credit card loan is an unsecured loan. If they miss payments on the other loan, and it's a secured loan, then they'll have whichever piece of collateral they gave the creditor rights in foreclosed on.

But yeah if you're in debt, throwing $58 away for no reason is insane. Cancel it and check your credit card statements to make sure they don't charge anything else on your card.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1951 on: July 25, 2014, 12:30:11 AM »

Surely you could handle an entry-level accounting job where you review orders for accuracy and process things, right?

The guy who spent $58 on a fake job application processing and reviewing orders?

Sounds great.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1952 on: July 25, 2014, 04:42:18 AM »

So, Jeff -- why aren't you applying online for the post office? Are you doing paper applications for other jobs, too?

You can't blame the guy for wanting to impress the USPS by using their own services to ask for the application form.  It's like showing up to an interview at Starbucks with a grande mocha latte in your hand.  Or I guess to use a more fitting example; showing up to an interview at McDonald's with a Bacon McDouble wrapper shoved into your shirt pocket and ketchup smeared into your mustache.  It's all about making those first impressions, you know?

---

Anyway, I might actually be able to help you, Bushie.  A friend of mine has recently come into an investment windfall through the First Bank of Nigeria, and is looking to expand his operations in the United States.  He's searching for people with trained skills in Computerally Aiding the Design of various doodads and whirligigs that he intends to e-commercially sell online.  PM me and I'll give you the info for where you should direct your $100 Paypal payment for the registration fee or whatever sounds plausible.  You're welcome!  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1953 on: July 25, 2014, 05:01:06 AM »

Dadgummet!!!!!  I did fall for it.  Aye, aye, aye....

I can't do anything about the money I spent on this one, I don't believe.

I'm going online to the postal service website as we speak.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1954 on: July 25, 2014, 06:38:36 AM »

Dadgummet!!!!!  I did fall for it.  Aye, aye, aye....

I can't do anything about the money I spent on this one, I don't believe.

I'm going online to the postal service website as we speak.

You could call and try to cancel the order.  Although I'm guessing they'll tell you something like, "It's already shipped."  At least from everything I've found, there are no reports that the scammers steal credit card numbers, but seriously, Jeff, what were you thinking?

You've fallen for more scams than anyone I know... I'm beginning to wonder if your life story isn't just you pulling one epic troll-a-thon on the forum.

I have no idea honestly what I was thinking.  I thought initially it was suspicious for them to charge me to apply, but I didn't go with my gut.

I can understand why you think that, but my life story is legit.  I don't purposely like to troll.

If you did that, you would have just gone to Braums
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1955 on: July 25, 2014, 08:05:05 AM »

What is the update on the CAD certificate?  It's long past the time you said you would know.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1956 on: July 25, 2014, 08:36:06 AM »

What is the update on the CAD certificate?  It's long past the time you said you would know.

He seems to be applying for everything but CAD jobs. Connect the dots.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1957 on: July 25, 2014, 08:41:16 AM »

He seems to be applying for everything but CAD jobs. Connect the dots.

To be fair, Bushie isn't applying for data entry, file clerk, live chat tech support, or any other sedentary introvert job he can do either. The suave charismatic athletic man he sees in the mirror won't allow him to take those jobs.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1958 on: July 25, 2014, 09:41:55 AM »

Surely you could handle an entry-level accounting job where you review orders for accuracy and process things, right?

The guy who spent $58 on a fake job application processing and reviewing orders?

Sounds great.

You could have a point, although I'm thinking risks would be greatly minimized in an environment where he's a piece of a much larger chain and has a checklist and constant flow of work to keep him occupied. His type excel at repetitive tasks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1959 on: July 25, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »

They haven't called me back, yet, however, my instructor emailed me back yesterday and said I did complete the program, but reiterated that that should not affect my employment chances.  He thinks my speech impediment could be a bigger stumbling block to potential employers (which I don't necessarily disagree with), although I rarely ever stutter in interviews.  I need to get the number to the South Bryant Campus.  Aaron does not handle it and even scolded me for asking her.  The thing is my lunch breaks drop to half an hour starting Monday and I will take lunch when they take lunch so I'll have no time to call them.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1960 on: July 25, 2014, 10:06:15 AM »

Sounds great.

You could have a point, although I'm thinking risks would be greatly minimized in an environment where he's a piece of a much larger chain and has a checklist and constant flow of work to keep him occupied. His type excel at repetitive tasks.

You still need to pay very close attention to detail in a job like that.  Considering the website he used, anyone taking 30 seconds to look at it (states another name, that they aren't affiliated with the USPS) should have been able to tell it was bs.  He needs to improve on that.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1961 on: July 25, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »

They haven't called me back, yet, however, my instructor emailed me back yesterday and said I did complete the program, but reiterated that that should not affect my employment chances.  He thinks my speech impediment could be a bigger stumbling block to potential employers (which I don't necessarily disagree with), although I rarely ever stutter in interviews.  I need to get the number to the South Bryant Campus.  Aaron does not handle it and even scolded me for asking her.  The thing is my lunch breaks drop to half an hour starting Monday and I will take lunch when they take lunch so I'll have no time to call them.

She scolded you? lol.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1962 on: July 25, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

Bushie you need to call this Aaron walker fellow back and give him or her a piece of your mind. You gave these crooks and swindlers and snowmobile enthusiasts thousands of the governments dollars; the least they can do is respond to you promptly and courteously.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1963 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »

Russ Powers tellin' it like it is.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1964 on: July 25, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »

She scolded you for asking her to do her job? Sounds like no one in Oklahoma has much of a work ethic
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1965 on: July 25, 2014, 11:57:22 AM »

Bushie, you should complain to whoever in charge of this organization. Everybody there is grossly inept and sassy. You're not in high school anymore. You can't treat customers like that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1966 on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1967 on: July 25, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »

It sounds like they don't want to deal with you for some reason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1968 on: July 25, 2014, 12:22:02 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1969 on: July 25, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »

Mid-August? Labor Day?

What?

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1970 on: July 25, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...

And it's precisely for this reason that you shouldn't be feeling secure that you have a wage to take home. You shouldn't be counting on anything long-term with this gig.

By all means, try to survive as long as you can there while you're looking for something else, but you're asking for trouble if you don't find a halfway decent job soon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1971 on: July 25, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »

Apparently it takes a month or more to get all of our logins.  That would be August 9 at the earliest.  That's a Saturday, so August 11.  I'm just going to be ready any time.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1972 on: July 25, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »

Well man... all I can say to that is keep saying yes sir, no sir and take home those checks for doing nothing as long as possible.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1973 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »

Any place that fires a staff member in front of others has some issues.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1974 on: July 25, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...

So what will you do until then? Just sit around and get paid?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies