Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:36:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187829 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 26, 2014, 05:54:48 PM »

Wait Bushie got fired again?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

I'm only concerned with Bushie's comfort level.  If he's comfortable with the familiarity he might as well do it.  Strange that it's always call centers... but who knows, maybe that's all the ruling class will allow for a worker in OK. 

Don't know if you've ever had to talk to Sprint customer service, but consider Bushie was fired from them for low quality. As someone who had to deal with them regularly at one point let me just say if this is the case Bushie should NEVER work in anything call center ever again. In fact I've told people at my job about Bushie ("I actually know of a guy who got fired from Sprint customer service") and everyone just laughs at what it would take to do that.

And this isn't purely anecdotal either. If you check out magazines and industry journals Sprint is consistently ranked as having the worst customer service of any cell carrier, who are ranked pretty low in general to begin with.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:55:46 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 10:57:52 PM by the blue man group won't cure depression »

You know you got me thinking and laughing that he probably dresses all up to go to these jobs too, maybe even wearing a tie, and then probably reports to a supervisor or even a division manger in jeans. That's often the case at call centers if not the rule.

Hell anecdote time: Today I went to an Ingress lunch meetup in downtown Minneapolis (lunch break for people who work there, but I had the day off), one of the guys I play with who showed up is a Solutions Architect, the name doesn't really tell you much about the job, but just know that it's a high level IT one that requires a boatload of certifications (it might be easier to get a Master's Degree) and typically has a starting salary of around $80k/year. And this guy was wearing a T-shirt and holey jeans. And now people can see why I laugh at the idea of "dress for success".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »

Why on Earth would someone who's unemployed need to take a nap anyway? (much less a six hour one) It'd only make sense if you were sick or something or just did a very heavy workout (and we all know what the odds of Bushie doing that is...)

Bushie's taking naps as long as the sleep I got the last couple nights. Wow.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »

King you should play Ingress at this rate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »

Bushie, do you like any music other than Christmas music?

I like regular Christian music both traditional and contemporary.   I also like some oldies.

What's your opinion of Christian hardcore?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »

Another call center? Geez.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 10:02:28 AM »

Am I the only one who finds the asking the father for "permission" to marry the daughter in 2014 very disturbing?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 10:11:45 AM »

Am I the only one who finds the asking the father for "permission" to marry the daughter in 2014 very disturbing?

This is conservative Christian culture.  Yes, you can still be conservative in 2014.

I'm originally from North Dakota, which is a very conservative and Christian state and I've never heard of this happening.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »

From what I've gathered, the standard practice amongst almost everyone I know who's married is to ask, and then after they say yes let their parents be the first people to know they got engaged. I've never once heard of someone asking the other person's parents first. Also what if the woman asks?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 10:39:12 AM »

Well by the time you do that it's usually kind of a formality and the answer is assumed to be yes. What I'm finding absurd here is the idea that you need "permission" from the parents of someone to be engaged to them and that anyone asks this in 2014. Why would an adult need permission from their parents to do ANYTHING for that matter? (Excluding of course the obvious exception of cases where want they wanted to do involved their parents' property.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »

Well by the time you do that it's usually kind of a formality and the answer is assumed to be yes. What I'm finding absurd here is the idea that you need "permission" from the parents of someone to be engaged to them and that anyone asks this in 2014. Why would an adult need permission from their parents to do ANYTHING for that matter? (Excluding of course the obvious exception of cases where want they wanted to do involved their parents' property.)

Well, that's the rub... there's not much reason to ask unless you see women as chattel.

Obviously I'm thinking of things like borrowing their car or staying at their lake cabin.

But yeah. That's why it's so disgusting.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »

This of course is all assuming the wedding will actually happen this time...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »

Another call center.

Geez. The miracle is that he keeps getting hired at them.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.

Yes, Protestantism truly is a horror.

But what about my type of Protestantism? And Nathan's too which is also extremely difference from what Bushie talks about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2014, 06:15:55 PM by the blue man group won't cure depression »

Bushie should heed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY71sGhf1Ac
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

FWIW, you'd have a tough time finding any theologian, even a conservative evangelical one affiliated with the SBC, who'd defend Bushie's "theology" that he's using to justify and excuse his behavior. Even the strictest "grace alone" theologian doesn't see it as a complete license to sin which is what Bushie is basically justifying it as if you boil it down to it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »

Not Bushie but I've said before that it'd be mighty hypocritical of me or anyone else at my shows to make fun of people for jumping and running around or screaming unintelligably.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »

One of the many very odd things about Bushie is how he can not only regurgitate talking points from his employers perfectly despite not being good at anything else, but he seems to believe and buy all of them hook, line and sinker even though virtually no one else does including (actually make that "especially") the people who write them. We saw it back when he believed he was doing people good by hawking the Ameriplan crap and when he defended duping people into buying $1000 vacuum cleaners with arguments about how they really needed such things or they'd get sick all the time from dust or whatever. Now he thinks he's doing all the people he's calling a huge favor with all these products and services AT&T customers just need! Now granted this is nowhere near as morally reprehensible as the other stuff, since he's probably selling stuff that at least has a use and isn't insanely overpriced, but acting like he's doing anyone a huge favor is quite amusing.

Of course that's probably just all chalked up to his extreme cognitive dissonance about basically everything.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 05:18:57 PM »

I'm not familiar with how it works exactly, but I believe people who upload super popular videos on youtube can now get paid. It may be time for Video Update!!!

You get a share of the advertising revenue. There's an interesting scheme some girls run I've seen a few times, basically they'll upload a "response" video consisting of some inane commentary on some video going viral while wearing a bikini top or lingerie or something, and get tons of hits because of the thumbnails, and profit for them. For obvious reasons, that's not going to work for Bushie though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »

If everyone in the training class has as bad attendance as Bushie and management is covering for it this must also be a scam but the center is scamming AT&T and hoping they don't find out. Granted that's not Bushie's fault and the same thing would be happening if he had perfect attendance. And hell under the worst case scenario where AT&T finds out, pulls the contract and he gets laid off at least he gets unemployment benefits.

But that's making the big assumption Bushie is telling only truth and the whole truth.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »

That is a serious red flag. My brother was paid via direct deposit working at McDonald's.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »

Time for a vintage Update trip down memory lane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBsKZUAHzAc

Also Xahar recounts a classic episode here that I'm reminded somewhat of here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173181.msg3739207#msg3739207
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:43 PM »

It's worth noting the postal service is actually a quite stressful job, there's a reason the phrase "going postal" exists. It is exactly the type of environment Bushie should never be in.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

OMG. LMAO. Wow wow wow wow wow WOW.

Will Bushie ever run across a scam he DOESN'T fall for?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies