Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:24:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187741 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: June 06, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »

Why do we want to evade detection?

Well, I don't really care, but Bushie started deleting things when Mondale posted links on FB to Update.  So maybe as long as the Update thread has a nondescript title, Mondale won't notice it, he won't link to it on FB, and Bushie will happily keep posting in it.

I warned you all, and now look what happened.

Mondale has picked up on it already: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=651192271621711&id=616831601724445
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »

Well, I don't really care, but Bushie started deleting things when Mondale posted links on FB to Update.  So maybe as long as the Update thread has a nondescript title, Mondale won't notice it, he won't link to it on FB, and Bushie will happily keep posting in it.

Mondale has picked up on it already: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=651192271621711&id=616831601724445

And I'm done helping Jeff... he's wasted too much time of my life... Eraserhead, you have full control over this thread.  There will be no splitting of the thread.  At this point, it's Jeff's stupidity that's been his demise.  He knew better, and he still posts updates, so I don't care.  The man has no self-control whatsoever.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »

And I'm done helping Jeff... he's wasted too much time of my life... Eraserhead, you have full control over this thread.  There will be no splitting of the thread.  At this point, it's Jeff's stupidity that's been his demise.  He knew better, and he still posts updates, so I don't care.  The man has no self-control whatsoever.

What is mondale's deal?  This goes beyond harmless Atlas fun.

Yeah, it's pretty freaking weird, but Jeff feeds it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 11:55:14 PM »

What will it take to get Christopher Costantini to stop doing this?

Someone report him to his local police department for harassment. When the police knock on his door it'll terrify him enough to stop.

He hasn't done anything illegal.  Plus, most of the time, even when a crime has been committed, unless it's severe, the police don't show up for Internet-related stuff.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »

My parents don't like the fact that I've fallen into a lot of bait-and-switch jobs where they promise me one thing then backstab me by doing something entirely different or that I've been let go.   That's why they haven't cut the cord.   This predicament is not entirely my fault.   That's said,  they expect me to vigorously look for a job and conserve my money.

You do realize you're like 99% at fault for your predicament, right? This last job's firing was solely your fault.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:10:35 PM »

They still receive my monthly support and are doing well.

I think you mean your grandma's monthly support.

Is your cushion thanks to Granny or some unused student loan proceeds?

The student loan check I got in January/early February.  I didn't have a job, then, so I decided to keep that for a big cushion and pay down the loan as we have been.  It's really come in handy.  That was really a smart idea.

How is taking out a loan without any prospects of paying it back a smart idea?  Especially when it's a loan that can survive bankruptcy?

Thankfully, I am in no danger of defaulting.  Thanks to my parents, I always have ample money to pay all of my bills.
That is truly a sickening post.  You have no care in the world about the financial burden that you are on those you claim to love.  A 32-year-old man should never say, "Thanks to my parents, I always have ample money to pay all of my bills."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:13 PM »

Oh, look, Inks responded?  Should I respond back?  Nahh, I'll let him continue his baseless and unwarranted attacks if it makes the kid feel better.  You may be a better person than me, but I can still call you kid.

Jeff, nothing of what I said was meant to be an insult. Sure, compared to you, I may be a "kid" in age, but instead of spending time insulting me on that, why not consider the fact that while I'm only 8 years younger than you, I'm a heck of a lot healthier and financially sound than you and learn to take advice from those who offer it? Your parents won't live forever, and if you continue on your current path, they'll die in debt trying to keep you out of bankruptcy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:05 AM »

Guys, things are not how I want them, but that doesn't mean they are horrible and pitiful right now.  I've made mistakes, but that doesn't make me a horrible manchild.  I am doing the absolute best job I can trying to get out of this current situation.  Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.  My faith is genuine and it is real and it is active.  My God is a good God and He is in control and concerned about EVERY little detail of my life.

Jeff, God watching over you doesn't guarantee you a job, money, or even a house. There are, after all, homeless people. Sometimes God steps back and let's us do our thing. It's called free will. You continue to use God as a crutch and think he's going to intervene to ensure you get a job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:56 PM »

I certainly hope he's going for CADD jobs so that his certificate (assuming he's received it by now?) wasn't worthless.

Jeff, did you ever get the certificate, out of curiosity?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 08:35:57 PM »

Why on earth did you post something from my Facebook?  Do you seriously think it's perfectly acceptable to post information from Bushie's Facebook?

At this point, you've made it implicitly clear that it is acceptable.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »

Bushie, why don't you respond to what Adam said?

After I posted this morning, I told myself no Update at all today, even responding to criticism.

Yet you're still posting in the thread...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »

Being groggy all day long isn't normal. You should see someone about that. It isn't as if you aren't getting enough sleep!

I've got it on the list of things to bring up at my next appointment.  My next appointment is not until late September, but I've got it on the list.

I was very groggy all morning, but I got some lunch and a 44 oz Dr Pepper about 13:30 to get some sugar in me and I've felt better since then.  I did take a short nap this morning, but I've been by far more productive today, especially in the past hour.

What happened to no Updates?  Seriously, man?  After all the trouble I went through to help you avoid the Mondale stuff?  What a waste.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

Who made you my doctor?  My doctor gave me the correct diagnosis, so there's no need to continue to speculate.

Has the problem been fixed?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

Are there no other jobs in Oklahoma but call centers? I just don't understand why you keep going back to them and getting fired each and every time.

There are other jobs out there and I apply for them, but I haven't gotten a bite on my applications recently.

What about retail or something?  Do call centers pay that much more than department stores, for example?  I honestly have no idea.  Or is any job that would involve standing up a no go?

I can't find too many retail jobs.  I keep looking for them, just as I am for other jobs, just can't find too many.  If someone wants to do a quick check for themselves, be my guest.  A generic call center only pays around $9.00 an hour, and this one is no exception.  It's not glamorous pay, but the fact that it would be a paycheck will ease the burden off Mom and Dad.  It won't completely take the burden off them, but it will substantially lighten the load.  I've promised myself that the next job I get, even if it is this $9.00 call center, I am going to try to stick it out and turn it into my career.  I'm not going to fall into this "filler" job trap again that plagued me when I moved to Tulsa 2 months ago.  I think I set myself up for failure by "knowing" the call center was not going to be my career.  I'm not going to let that happen again.  I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.

Have you tried Indeed?  We get a lot of applications through that.  Here's a bunch of retail jobs in the OKC area: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=retail&l=Oklahoma+City%2C+OK
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:21 PM »

Are there no other jobs in Oklahoma but call centers? I just don't understand why you keep going back to them and getting fired each and every time.

There are other jobs out there and I apply for them, but I haven't gotten a bite on my applications recently.

What about retail or something?  Do call centers pay that much more than department stores, for example?  I honestly have no idea.  Or is any job that would involve standing up a no go?

I can't find too many retail jobs.  I keep looking for them, just as I am for other jobs, just can't find too many.  If someone wants to do a quick check for themselves, be my guest.  A generic call center only pays around $9.00 an hour, and this one is no exception.  It's not glamorous pay, but the fact that it would be a paycheck will ease the burden off Mom and Dad.  It won't completely take the burden off them, but it will substantially lighten the load.  I've promised myself that the next job I get, even if it is this $9.00 call center, I am going to try to stick it out and turn it into my career.  I'm not going to fall into this "filler" job trap again that plagued me when I moved to Tulsa 2 months ago.  I think I set myself up for failure by "knowing" the call center was not going to be my career.  I'm not going to let that happen again.  I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.

Have you tried Indeed?  We get a lot of applications through that.  Here's a bunch of retail jobs in the OKC area: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=retail&l=Oklahoma+City%2C+OK

I use Indeed all the time, along with Simply Hired and Craigslist.  I just find very few pure entry level CAD positions.  Everybody seems to want experience.  How does one get experience when no one will give them the experience?

You don't even have a CAD certificate in hand. Until that happens, you have no business looking for CAD jobs. Set your goals for something that's actually achievable.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »

Jeff, if you actually completed the program, why isn't Metro Tech acknowledging that you did by sending your certificate?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 09:47:51 PM »

Jeff, if you actually completed the program, why isn't Metro Tech acknowledging that you did by sending your certificate?

you'd have to ask them.  My grades are all in m so there's literally nothing standing between me and a CAD job except applying and interviewing,

Weren't you supposed to ask them weeks ago? Come on, man, take some initiative. Actually do something with your life. Quit saying "I will" and actually do it. You keep saying that the past is the past and doesn't matter going forward, but you're still just doing the same unproductive things.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

you'd have to ask them.  My grades are all in m so there's literally nothing standing between me and a CAD job except applying and interviewing,

Weren't you supposed to ask them weeks ago? Come on, man, take some initiative. Actually do something with your life. Quit saying "I will" and actually do it. You keep saying that the past is the past and doesn't matter going forward, but you're still just doing the same unproductive things.

Excuse me for getting caught up in actually doing something MORE important like APPLYING FOR JOBS!!!

No, Jeff. That's a lie. You're telling me you've had no free time to call or email Metro Tech? You're napping and posting on the forum. You have plenty of time to send a quick email or make a quick phone call. You could do so as you drive to Braums. As long as you keep making excuses like that one, you'll never be able to succeed. Take responsibility for your actions instead of making excuses.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »

Excuse me for getting caught up in actually doing something MORE important like APPLYING FOR JOBS!!!

No, Jeff. That's a lie. You're telling me you've had no free time to call or email Metro Tech? You're napping and posting on the forum. You have plenty of time to send a quick email or make a quick phone call. You could do so as you drive to Braums. As long as you keep making excuses like that one, you'll never be able to succeed. Take responsibility for your actions instead of making excuses.

The fact remains I am doing what I need to to find myself a job.   I'm not ashamed of anything I'm doing right now.   Emailing them or calling them is not my top priority right now and not should it be.   I'll send them an email in the morning,  but I'm not going to worry about it.   I'm going to continue to apply for CAD jobs as well as other jobs.

I never said it should be your top priority. It absolutely shouldn't be your top priority; however, it should rank above napping, Braums, and the forum (among others). It's pretty clear that you're hiding something. Ultimately, I really don't care that you are, but you're screwing yourself over by not simply being honest. I hope you're at least being honest with potential employers.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 10:31:57 PM »

In Bushie's defense, it was mid-July before I got my diploma from undergrad and I still haven't received my law school degree and I graduated May 11.

But did those schools tell you that you would get your stuff weeks/months before you actually did?  Bushie may very well have graduated, but his hesitancy to ask is suspicious.  It would literally take less than 5 minutes to contact the school, and yet he's claiming he doesn't have time to do that because it would eat into his job search time.  That's just not accurate.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 06:26:52 PM »

I just sent the school and my instructor an e-mail asking the status of the certificate. I will now wait for a response.

I'm already started on my job search for today and have one application already in this morning.

What kind of jobs are you putting in applications for?  Are you looking at those websites that Inks and Joe Republic pointed out, to find retail jobs?

Those are included, but I just put in for a computer job - not a CAD(D) job, but an E-Commerce/Computer Science job that I went to college for.  Most of the time, it is customer service, clerical, technical support, and CAD(D).  I do look at the retail job side of craigslist, too.

Again, not to harp on the retail thing, but it still seems like the easiest option to explore, given that you just said yesterday that at this point you'd settle for anything.  Can't you just go to a mall, and ask a bunch of stores if they're hiring?  Don't those kinds of jobs have high turnover, such that there's likely to be an opening *somewhere* at a given point in time?  Or is the job market really that tight in Tulsa?

Honestly, at this point I think his best bet would to be a shotgun approach to online applications.  It allows him to fill out the most applications in the least amount of time.  That's probably his best bet to maximize interviews.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »

It's quite obvious he didn't receive the certificate. He's stalling until he can cook up a 'plausible' excuse as to why he won't be getting it. The lingering question is why: did he flunk on score, attendance, or messed up some paperwork?

I haven't gotten the certificate, yet, but from what my instructor told me the day I left the classroom and what he has continued to say, I did finish the course.  But, he also told me (a point that this forum has foolishly dismissed) is that I didn't have to complete it entirely in order for the class to be effective.  The course is not designed to give a certificate, per se, it is designed to give one the skills necessary to get and maintain a job.  The certificate is just a piece of paper.  I did complete the course, but more importantly, I gained the skills necessary to get a job.  I am very close to landing a CAD job, I believe, just have to wait and see what the results of the very good interview say.

But employers won't just take your word that you learned the skills. The certificate is there for proof that you have those skills.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »

And of course he publicly posts his employer on Facebook, even after everything Mondale's done... good job, Jeff... you've learned nothing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 12:32:17 AM »

^^^^^
And why do you want to impose your religion on everybody else?

I never said I want to impose my religion on other people, I just have a moral personal objection to it.

You said you have a "personal, religious objection to the use of marijuana".  What exactly is the religious reasoning?

I equate marijuana with other illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc.  I have always seen it as such, as I do nicotine and tobacco.  Being fat may not be any better, and I never intend to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude.  Everybody has the same access to Jesus as I do.  The life He gives me is not unique or available just to me.  It is available to ALL who believe.  "Whomsoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  I never want to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude, and when I do (because it does happen), I am immediately convicted and have to ask for forgiveness.  Anyway, back to your question, I just equate pot with illegal drugs.

But that's not answering the question.  What is your religious objection to legalizing marijuana?  The objection can't simply be that you object to it because it's illegal, because supporting its legalization would remove that objection.

Wow, this page has become a hate-filled page filled with the mantra "Bushie is going to hell because he's fat."  What a ridiculous assumption.  You all accuse me of a "holier than thou" attitude and defaming the name of Jesus, when you all are doing the EXACT same thing.  Remember, when you point the finger at someone, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Nobody has said that you're going to hell.  You're the only one who's said that.  But they are right; you do use God as a crutch.  You always talk about God and your salvation, but where is the evidence of this salvation?

Consider Luke 13:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good works are not a requirement to get into the Kingdom of Heaven; however, good works will flow from someone who has truly accepted Christ.  You talk about salvation, yet you bear no fruit.  Sure, you've gone to Kenya and you put some money in the collection plate, but none of that is your money.  You've made no sacrifices for God.  You may read your Bible and pray, but in the end, you still stick to doing what you want to do.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

Bushie, do you regret attending MetroTech?

Right now,  honestly,  I am feeling it was a waste of time,  but it was a good idea at the time.   I graduated successfully,  but seeing my classmates get CAD jobs right away,  Malta me kind of jealous and sad.   I'm happy for them,  of course,  but kind of wondering why I haven't been as successful.   Then again,  I have to reject comparing myself to them and realize that maybe God has a different plan for my life.  For now,  I'm going to focus exclusively on the place I'm working now and try to make that my career.

Have they received their certificates?

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.

The above paragraph makes it sound like you're not going to take your attendance seriously. Which is worrisome, considering your past issues with attendance -- most recently, keeping you from successfully graduating your CADD class. It's like ... it's like you're incapable of learning from your mistakes.

I assure you, you will get in trouble for missing even one day of work. Especially if it's something that happens with regularity.

If it sounds like that,  it's totally not the case.  I was just explaining the policy of the business.   My plan is to not miss any time until at least November.   I have doctor's appointments in late September,  but If I'm still at this place by September 1, I will call and postpone my appointments until November,  maybe December.

That's only 4 months.  In 8 years, I've only missed one day of work.  Making it 4 months isn't any sort of accomplishment.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies