Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:59:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188200 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 13, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »

BUSHIE: 78% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:43:21 AM »

Then that really sucks because Bushie was really counting on that money.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »

bushie do you regret walking out of cadd two months early?  all of this could have been avoided.

No, I don't regret it, because I finished school successfully three months early.  I made so much progress through the fall and winter months that I was able to finish early, successfully.  Now, I could probably have slowed down a bit and gotten a higher score, but that doesn't deny the fact that I did complete the program successfully.

bushie i dont understand how you made so much progress when 1. your attendance was horrible.  2.  you spent over a month re-doing assignments.

I still attended 90% of the time.  Trust me, I did the work, you did not.  I went too fast and that caused me to have to go back and correct the assignments.

I think the problem here is that you're such a chronic liar that people really can't trust you when you say things. But hey, an entertaining chronic liar, AMIRITE?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.

The above paragraph makes it sound like you're not going to take your attendance seriously. Which is worrisome, considering your past issues with attendance -- most recently, keeping you from successfully graduating your CADD class. It's like ... it's like you're incapable of learning from your mistakes.

I assure you, you will get in trouble for missing even one day of work. Especially if it's something that happens with regularity.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

Bushie, if you're not going to commit to eat fruits and vegetables daily, will you at least do me a favor and start taking a multivitamin supplement? One pill a day with breakfast. If you don't want a pill, there's also gummies and drink mixes too.

This is actually a very good suggestion.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 01:28:16 PM »

Maybe bushie is just a really crappy interviewer? Or he's just being lazy trying to find places. I don't know why everyone else would be getting CADD jobs except him, especially since he claims everywhere he looks wants experienced drafters.

Very few 300 pound men make good interviewees. People that size simply "look lazy" to HR departments.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »

Bushie, if you're not going to commit to eat fruits and vegetables daily, will you at least do me a favor and start taking a multivitamin supplement? One pill a day with breakfast. If you don't want a pill, there's also gummies and drink mixes too.

This is actually a very good suggestion.

And already ignored it seems. Sad

Bushie is fine with taking antibiotics but is allergic to health.

I am seriously considering it.  I haven't responded till now, but it gives me something to consider.

Do not consider. Do it.

I'm pretty sure you will start feeling better.

As if someone who eats nothing but garbage needs to debate and consider the merits of taking a vitamin. SMH

"Considering it" means he won't do it.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »

I'm no theology expert, but I do know that the Swedish brand of Lutheranism is very much opposed to this "do what you want as long as you have faith" talk. God helps those who help themselves, etc.

I don't mean to imply that I treat my salvation as a "license to sin" as it were.  Instead, I should live my life as a holy and acceptable sacrifice in obedience to Jesus Christ.  I will sin, that's guaranteed, but I can learn from my wrongdoings.   That said, when I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, his blood covers all my sins, past, present, and future.  There is no longer any sin that can keep me from heaven.  Romans 8:1 says "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, to those who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."  Now, while you cannot know for certain another person's salvation level, you can get an idea from the fruit in their lives.  I may seem like the chief of sinners on the forum, and I am, but if you were to spend a week with me in real life, I would hope you would see something different.

I'm not sure I've seen any evidence that you've learned anything from your wrongdoings.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 11:15:26 PM »

In other news, I did get the multivitamins right after work today.  I'll take the first dose tomorrow morning.

Good for you! Just remember to actually take them!

Don't let the vitamin linger in your mouth, though, cause they taste terrible. Pinch your nose and swallow quick. Drink plenty of water (or Diet Dr Pepper, sigh) afterward.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »

Just for the record,  I don't think anybody here wants me to fail,  I just wish I could get all encouraging posts designed to help me in my job.   I don't need commentary or predictions of my failure.   That's just a very jerkish response.

You created these Update threads for the sole purpose of commentary on your life, so don't act so surprised when you get it. You reap what you sow.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »

TRAIN ROOM

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »

lol
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »

I would call to cancel the order, refuse delivery of it if it comes, and dispute the charges with your credit card company as a scam.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »

I would call to cancel the order, refuse delivery of it if it comes, and dispute the charges with your credit card company as a scam.

If they actually send the book and have proof he made the order, he may be stuck, because it could be a "legitimate" purchase, albeit a really, really stupid one. If he gets what he ordered, the company didn't break any laws from what I can tell.

Just because the site sends the book and has proof doesn't mean Bushie lacks protection under his credit card's terms. Many cards have robust protections for buyers when it comes to "legitimate" purchases, and no credit card company is going to want to be associated with an obvious scam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies