Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:15:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187788 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: May 15, 2014, 07:36:41 AM »

Has Bushie been fired again?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »

Bushie please stop driving to your laundry room. You should not have to get in your car to transport yourself a quarter of a mile. Jesus.

Gawdam, that should be illegal! Around these parts, the school bus won't even come if you live within 800m of a school.

And to be honest, taking a bus for even 900 m would be rather absurd...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »

We should start a tipping competition on the premiere date.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 12:50:15 AM »

We should start a tipping competition on the premiere date.

Yes, we should.

I'm going to say June 7.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:15:11 AM »

You may have a point there. After July 4, there's really nothing else in the way of focusing on Christmas.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:09:38 AM »

He's basically stuck in Tulsa now for no apparent reason.

If he'd just get off his ass and flip burgers, at least he could pay his own rent... Roll Eyes
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »

He's basically stuck in Tulsa now for no apparent reason.

If he'd just get off his ass and flip burgers, at least he could pay his own rent... Roll Eyes

Someone should calculate how much $ he would have made by now if he'd simply gotten a job at McDonald's four years ago after he quite ONG.

Assuming a 40 hour week, about $60.000 before taxes.

Of course, he'd probably have been fired after a few weeks for missing work for 3 days to deal with a headache...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 06:14:53 AM »

I just don't get why Bushie refuses to get a fast food job...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »

I just don't get why Bushie refuses to get a fast food job...

I literally cannot lift the grease pans at the end of the night to clean up.  I tried that at KFC in 1999, but more than once ended up spilling the grease all over the floor.  One morning, I had to stay until 2:30 am on a school night to clean the place up.  I had to be at school at 7:55 that morning.

But that was 15 years ago. I'm sure you've grown since then. And you're don't have school to worry about anymore. Besides, having a job where you stand, move, and lift things is so much better for your body, than a job sitting behind a desk.

Alas...the moving around part is the deal breaker.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 06:12:03 AM »

Everybody you talk to would tell you I have the mind of someone in their 50's or 60's.  I talk old.  I act old.

Ah, that explains it.  No wonder you don't want a job.  You're getting ready for retirement!

Well, one does need to start focusing as early as possible about something as important as retirement.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »

Now, about my faith.  You have to realize that God is the best multitasker in the world.  He is concerned about my everyday needs and desires, even when I screw up.  He will help me through them.  That is GUARANTEED!!!  Nobody can deny He will help me.  He can take care of the world's problems at the same time.  So, please DO NOT EVER mock my faith.
Roll Eyes

It's perfectly possible (and even rational) to strongly criticize Bushie's beliefs even from a Christan perspective.
I can't fathom how one can hold such contradictory beliefs and then claim nobody can possibly deny it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

I certainly hope he's going for CADD jobs so that his certificate (assuming he's received it by now?) wasn't worthless.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »

Funny you should say that, I just got back from church.  I've got some energy today, so I plan on tapping into this energy and make my Walmart run this afternoon sometime.

Wow. Just make sure you don't overexert yourself.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »

Bushie ought to consider applying for an Oklahoma's execution team. Apparently, no skills nor training are required.

"Execution postponed 24 hours due to executioner's level 8 headache. More at 10!"
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »

Will you be dieting this weekend or will you be eating a lot of grilled hamburgers because it's the American thing to do?

It's the Fourth of July... it's one of the 165 days a year where Bushie cannot be expected to deny himself.

Off by 200.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 08:10:58 AM »

I think frozen burritos are usually included in the healthy food purchased at Wal-Mart.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »

I'm still not going to search for a job because I am too afraid of disturbing the water, if you will.

This is FU***NG nutso.

Are you surprised?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »

You need to stop looking at the scale every single day (or even more frequently) and trying to find reasons for why it may have gone up or down 0.4 pounds. Certain fluctuations are entirely random, and assigning a meaning to them serves no purpose.

As everyone else has said, any serious attempt at meaningful weight loss needs to happen through a lifestyle change. Eating frozen burritos instead of bacon double cheeseburgers (without the chesse, though!) isn't going to get you far. Nor will climbing a flight of stairs twice a day to get you to the seat where you'll be spending your entire work day.

I know you're going to respond that every little bit helps as a start....and while that isn't incorrect in itself, we've heard it a dozen times before.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »

Ah, but you can't change the past, you can only focus on doing it better next time...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »

Friday Morning scale update:  I am at 289.4 which is .2 less than yesterday.  Not as big of a drop as I had hoped, but at least I didn't go up.  Today, I'll try to behave myself until supper when I may go to a sit-down restaurant to start the weekend.  I'll try to behave there, too.

You need to stop looking at the scale every single day (or even more frequently) and trying to find reasons for why it may have gone up or down 0.4 pounds. Certain fluctuations are entirely random, and assigning a meaning to them serves no purpose.

As everyone else has said, any serious attempt at meaningful weight loss needs to happen through a lifestyle change. Eating frozen burritos instead of bacon double cheeseburgers (without the chesse, though!) isn't going to get you far. Nor will climbing a flight of stairs twice a day to get you to the seat where you'll be spending your entire work day.

I know you're going to respond that every little bit helps as a start....and while that isn't incorrect in itself, we've heard it a dozen times before.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »

Does she approve of The President?

We haven't discussed it at length, but I would assume no.  Same with me.  Of course, she may be more liberal, but she voted for Romney, whereas I voted for Obama.

In what ways is she more liberal?

More open to gay marriage and more accepting of medical marijuana.

I'm pretty sure marijuana is healthier than 95% of what you eat.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:55:33 AM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »

As evidenced here, "grace alone" can truly be made a sick and dangerous concept.

Yes, Protestantism truly is a horror.

I wouldn't want to generalize that, which is why I said it is a concept that can be very sick and dangerous. I know lots of Protestants that would never dream of doing what Bushie does and then pretend that none of it matters because grace has saved them no matter what.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

No, and I have not had time since I started work.

Yeah, it is hard to squeeze in a call between cheeseburgers on a 90 minute lunch break.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 08:59:02 AM »

Seems that if is true he had a passing overall grade, he bombed one of these LAP tests. Assuming the teacher did allow a retry and he passed, he failed a subsequent one and the prof was having none of it.

It wasn't the LAP tests that I bombed, rather it was one of the final projects that I rushed through and only got a 50% on.  That is what hurt me.  The LAP tests were all in the 90's or 100%.

And the 50 was under the necessary level for graduation requirements?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies