Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:16:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188283 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 05, 2014, 04:11:07 PM »

Yea, it's kind of useless to be here right now. 

Did Bushie end it because of joshgreen? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »

Is all of this new stuff coming from Facebook or is he posting about it on here already?

It's not in his statuses.  How do you know he's in a call center?  PM?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »

Call center is basically telemarketing right?  Hasn't Bushie had many of these?  Why does he always wind up in this department?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:23:59 AM »

I don't get it.  Don't call centers just call at random?  Why would Bushie have issues with volume unless he is literally not even calling anybody? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 07:40:07 AM »

I don't get it.  Don't call centers just call at random?  Why would Bushie have issues with volume unless he is literally not even calling anybody? 

Hokey, they're incoming calls to a call center, probably from mostly dissatisfied customers.

Then how could Bushie get canned for call volume?  The number of calls is dependent on them. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »

How much assistance would Bushie need for a pound of pasta?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2014, 04:34:05 PM by HockeyDude »

Oh dear.  It's all happening isn't it?

(And yes... **** is getting very real)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »

If Oklahoma had sensible employment laws this would have never happened.

Correct, Lief.  Say what you want about O.D.F., but this is outrageous.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:31:34 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

Well I'll just state the obvious and say that I don't believe Bushie's account of what happened. It doesn't make any sense.

Explain yourself, Mr. Head.

Bushie was at one job, applied for another using his current job as a reference, the prospective employer called the current, current fires Bushie because he was applying for another.  It happens and it makes sense.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »

Wait, that's not what I was told was happened. I are we talking about prior jobs or is this current? Putting down your employer for the past two weeks... as a reference for another job is completely daft, but this is to be expected.

That's what happened.  Bushie said that he told his current employer that it was a temporary thing (I've done the same with jobs in college) but they still turned around and canned him.  In the eternal struggle between Mr. Boss Man and the working class, I will always assume the worst from Mr. Boss Man... so Bushie has my sympathies for being treating so awfully.  I would suspect that the manager just assumed that Bushie wasn't serious about finding a CADD job and the call center being temporary. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »

Bushie is just trolling on facebook today. Ugh.

Yep. Very good trolling.

A master of his art...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »

From what I can piece together, he applied for another job and listed his current* employer as a reference. The prospective employer called the current* employer, the current* employer flipped out that he was looking for a new job and fired him on the spot. Then to add insult to injury, he didn't get the prospective job either.

Anyone please correct me if any of that is wrong.

Lief is right, I am still waiting on the prospective job.  I should know either this week or next week.

Thanks for the Update!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »

Maybe Bushie can be a stay at home house husband while Allison is the bread winner in the family? He'd have to learn how to cook, but otherwise I think that could work.

I've said it before.  Bushie should just declare disability and collect a government check.  He doesn't have to waste time with call centers anymore and less monies go to corporate subsidies.  He'll also be able to take Allison to Golden Corral more often, especially since Date Nos. 10, 11, 12, and 13 are just around the corner.  It's a win-win-win. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »

Wonderful news from the Facebooks today!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 10:25:47 AM »

This cycle will not end until Update returns...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »

what is the end game here?  he is stuck in a year's lease in a city he has no particular reason to be in.

how long can his parents afford to pay his bills before they go completely bankrupt?

Stop it, Walter!  He has SAVINGS!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »

No, Bushie should not go back to OKC. What he should do is declare disability and collect a government check in Tulsa.

FTFY
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 02:18:13 PM »

Yes, he needs to get over his prideful nature and just take disability. He really wouldn't be exaggerating when he applied for it either. He is incapable of holding a job.
Incompetance is not enough. You guys act like getting SSDI is easy. It's not. I also don't think he could handle working fast food. There's a lot of requisite quickness and standing involved. And, of course, one needs to show up regularly.

Working in the fast food industry would be ridiculous for Bushie.  He should look into a clerk-type gig at the post office, which I believe he has in the past.  Or go to North Dakota. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 03:03:56 PM »

Yes, he needs to get over his prideful nature and just take disability. He really wouldn't be exaggerating when he applied for it either. He is incapable of holding a job.
Incompetance is not enough. You guys act like getting SSDI is easy. It's not. I also don't think he could handle working fast food. There's a lot of requisite quickness and standing involved. And, of course, one needs to show up regularly.

I've seen a lot of obese fast wood workers.

But seriously, if he can't cut it at minimum wage and with the Tourette's diagnosis/maybe an OCD diagnosis along with the terrible work history, he's an easy disability claim.

Indeed.  He needs time to focus on his health, The Walking, and Christmas.  Enough with the call centers and minimum wage jobs. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »

Anybody else getting disability claims ads at the top of this page?

No, because I am a smart and downloaded Ad Block Plus for Firefox.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »

"I have a FETISH for doing it on July 4th"

^ if anybody needed more convincing that Bushie IS America...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »

A proposal followed by fireworks and grilled hamburgers. I couldn't think of anything better!

I wish I could be there!  I'd bring my famous potato salad.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

I'm only concerned with Bushie's comfort level.  If he's comfortable with the familiarity he might as well do it.  Strange that it's always call centers... but who knows, maybe that's all the ruling class will allow for a worker in OK. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 11:16:18 PM »

Another call center? Oh this is going just as I expected, unfortunately.

Hey, I'm just trying to get some money at this point.  I can't be picky waiting for the perfect job to come around.  I know how to do call center work, and this is technical support something I did for an entire year at Dell and for 3 1/2 months in Utah.  I know how to do this type of work and it doesn't bother me as bad as it used to.  Hopefully, this drafting company will call and hire me and settle the score, so to speak.  Until then, at least it's not an MLM and it's not Kirby.  I know how to spot those a mile off now.

Good, because they are the worst of the worst.  Literally evil, and bad for everybody except the scammer and his inner circle. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

Bushie - USPS.  I know that you've applied before, but I'm coming from experience.  No less than 8 people on my mom's side of the family work for the post office, and most applied multiple times, and now make around $20/hr with full benefits.  Strong union, too!  I know of people in my hometown in NJ who have been recently hired, so don't think for a second that it's being "phased out" or "irreparably cut". 
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies