Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188219 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: May 25, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »

Damn, I can't read it and I would find it distasteful to add him just to read this. Can someone inform me via PM?

This is basically where I'm at.  Think it would be silly just to add him for this, but inquiring minds want to know.  We need update back asap.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:08:40 AM »

Can you please answer my question? What is your weight?

I weigh 286.  I've had a horrible few weeks,  in all honesty.  That's the only question I'm going to answer on that because I know everyone is going to bash me over the head for that.   Some of it deserved,  but I don't wish to subject myself to torture tonight,   I'm having a bad enough day as it is and I don't want to blow up on anyone.

Bushie, YOU need to take control.  Your eating habitss, your exercisee habits, the job search.  EVERYTHING.  You can't leave it up to anybody else, including God (and I'm not trying to bash your faith here).  Your life is really spirling out of control with your financial and health situation, YOU need to take charge of it yourself and fix it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 10:27:35 AM »

Would you guys stop lying.   There was no second mortgage.  I'll go back into hiding now.

They diid a cash-out refinance?

All joking aside from what you have said in the past it doesn't seem like your parents have the finances to help you out without impacting their own standard of living.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 11:35:58 PM »

It's just that the unhealthy stuff tastes really good and is really comforting.  It's also very convenient.  It's a lot more convenient to go down to McDonald's or Braum's and order a big hamburger when you're wanting a quick dinner.  It takes time and effort to plan out and fix a proper meal.  Even though right now I've got all the time in the world pretty much without a job.  The convenience factor is sometimes too strong.  I usually feel miserable after the meal and the scale is not too friendly the next morning generally, but still, the convenience overshadows even the immediate icky effects.

Bushie, I will be the first to admitI don't eat nearly as healthy as I should.  I drink too much soda, eat too much Pizza, not enough Vegetables, etc.  With that being said my habits aren't complete crap.  Not to mention it is one thing to eat crap every now and then, no one is saying you must eat healthy everytime, but you never do.

To top that,  you balance your horrible eating habits with never working out.   I bet you still haven't spent a whole $20 on a pair of dumbbells yet have you??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 11:43:33 PM »

RIP CADD. RIP WEIGHT LOSS.  SOON ...RIP BUSHIE

I didn't want to, but seriously literally lol'd on that one, couldn't help it.

Seriously though Bushie, you really need to start doing something about your weight.  Gramps might have been joking, but it really is a serious health issue at this point.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »

And of course he publicly posts his employer on Facebook, even after everything Mondale's done... good job, Jeff... you've learned nothing.

I just switched it to just viewable by Friends.  Can anyone who is not my friend on FB tell me whether they can see it?

I can see the recent pics (which are a serious health concern) but don't see any of the employer info or anything like that.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »

The scale this morning showed 290.8.  That's much higher than I want to be, so if I can just train my mind to cut out fast food, I'll be alright.  I'm doing pretty good about switching to diet soda and water, I just need to cut out Mickey D's and Braum's, etc.

Get off your ass and start walking, also grab a pair of cheap dumbbells and start doing something.  This is serious.  If you don't there will be no update, because you will be dead.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »

Yeah, that was a dark time in my life.  I still regret having sex with her.  It's something I will always regret.  I know I am forgiven of that sin by Almighty God, but I still have to pay the consequence of regret.

Anyway, back to the present:

I am having a good day so far.  They are changing my schedule to 8-17 M-F starting this evening.  I will never work 9-18 or 10-19 like I thought.  Most things about this job are very good.  There a couple things I don't care for, but they are very minor things.  The rest of the job sounds pretty good.  It's not what I envisioned a year ago when I was about to start school, but it's alright.  It will pay the bills and has a great potential to be a keeper.  As long as I mind my P's and Q's and occasional R's, I should be okay!  I'm still not going to search for a job because I am too afraid of disturbing the water, if you will.

Just because of what happened last time, doesn't mean you don't search for a new job.  That shouldn't be the lesson.  The lesson should be, not to list that job as a reference.  I don't know why this needs to be explained.......
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »

That's the kind of thing you should've been aware of going in. Oh well.

You guys need to lay off Bushie with the weight. He clearly has an addiction, and berating him isn't going to make things any better. He needs to hit 'rock bottom' to get better.

The problem is "rock bottom" might be too late, it could be death.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »

For now, I am going to focus primarily on my calorie intake.  I feel at this weight, I need to worry about dropping the weight as healthily as possible.  Calories are the best way to do this.  When I get down to a more manageable weight, I can start focusing on other items such as sodium or carbohydrates.

The good news at my job is I am working upstairs and the only way to get up to my classroom and eventual floor is by taking the stairs.  It will be hard on the knees, but climbing 1 floor of stairs 5 times a day may not be much, but it's better than taking the elevator that many times.

So you are basically going to still eat crap, but less of it?  Is that what you are saying?

Also while taking one flight of stairs give times a day is better than nothing, it won't accomplish much.  What other exercising do you have planned?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »

Ben and Jerrys had a 2/$6 deal today and I admit, I pulled a Bushie and bought 5 pints to get me through the last of my 2 weeks of bar prep.

Lol, the difference is you aren't 300 lbs, and you excercise.  Bushie doesn't grasp that concept.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »

I'm not a strict Calvinist, rather I adhere to the Reformed Theology.  I have a lot in common with Calvinism, but I still have some Armenianism in me.  I believe that God knows everything that's ever going to happen and He knows who will be saved and who won't.  Nothing comes as a surprise to God.  Now, evangelism is still very important because we do not know who is on God's "list", if you will.  The Holy Spirit has to first draw someone to total depravity where they realize that on their own they're headed to destruction.  The Holy Spirit has to make them realize they need a Savior who can change their destiny.  The Bible says that no man has ever sought God on his own.  The concept of God and grace completely goes against our nature as humans which is total rebellion and lawlessness.  We still have a sin nature as Christians and God knows every sin we will commit, because he knows everything.  Even though He is all powerful and ultimately in control, He allows Satan to run around, but the day will come that God will lock Satan up for a thousand years and cut out all sin and then loose him for a season before banishing him to the lake of fire for all eternity.  I know it's a lot to take in, but at the core this is what I believe.

This does explain quite a bit about why Bushie is Bushie....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »

I'm not a strict Calvinist, rather I adhere to the Reformed Theology.  I have a lot in common with Calvinism, but I still have some Armenianism in me.  I believe that God knows everything that's ever going to happen and He knows who will be saved and who won't.  Nothing comes as a surprise to God.  Now, evangelism is still very important because we do not know who is on God's "list", if you will.  The Holy Spirit has to first draw someone to total depravity where they realize that on their own they're headed to destruction.  The Holy Spirit has to make them realize they need a Savior who can change their destiny.  The Bible says that no man has ever sought God on his own.  The concept of God and grace completely goes against our nature as humans which is total rebellion and lawlessness.  We still have a sin nature as Christians and God knows every sin we will commit, because he knows everything.  Even though He is all powerful and ultimately in control, He allows Satan to run around, but the day will come that God will lock Satan up for a thousand years and cut out all sin and then loose him for a season before banishing him to the lake of fire for all eternity.  I know it's a lot to take in, but at the core this is what I believe.

This does explain quite a bit about why Bushie is Bushie....

It is, and that's not a bad thing.  I know you weren't intending it as such, but I'm not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Actually part of it I did.  I didn't mean it in a mocking way.  Nothing is wrong with your faith, but when you have outright blind faith, and you use that as a crutch to not take things upon yourself to improve yourself and your situation, that is a problem.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »

Why do you refuse to call, or respond to any questions about calling??   This shouldn't be that difficult and is part of the reason why many of us believe you didn't get the certificate.  Your actions don't make any sense.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:13 AM »

Bushie is it actually a true hourly salary or is it a draw that you will then have to pay back out of your commission when you sell something?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »

I've never had a sales job. How does a draw system work?

It is basically a commission job, however you will get paid something for a time period when you don't have any deals, sales, etc close.  Then when a deal/ sale closes you pay back any draw balance you have from the commission.

For example, lets say you have a $1,000 draw every two weeks.  You go two pay cycles with no sales or deals closing, and then during that third pay cycle you close on a deal that you make $3,500 on.

You will get $1,000 during that first two week period just like you normally would if that was a salary.  You will get another $1,000 during that second pay cycle just like you normally would with a salary.  However, you would then have a $2,000 draw balance.  So what would actually happen is during that third pay cycle when you had a commission deal that you made $3,500 on, you would actually get $1,500.  The $3,500- $2,000 in a draw balance you had to pay back.

So during those three pay cycles you would have a paycheck of $1,000, another one of $1,000 and the last one of $3,500.  It would total out to be the $3,500 you made on that one deal.

I work a sales job and this is basically how I get paid.  I had a couple pay cycles that I didn't close a deal on.  I still got paid during those cycles.  During my last pay check I had a deal close.  The commission I made on that deal was then reduced by my draw balance, and that is what I got a check for.   On the next pay cycle I have another deal that closed, since I currently have no draw balance I will get the full commission check.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 11:14:46 PM »

Bushie, I know you don't want to post it here because of Mondale, but it might be a good idea to pm a few of us the name of the company so we can do a bit of research on it.  No offense, but your research skills absolutely suck, and I have a really bad feeling you got suckered into something again. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 09:09:22 AM »

Bushie, I know you don't want to post it here because of Mondale, but it might be a good idea to pm a few of us the name of the company so we can do a bit of research on it.  No offense, but your research skills absolutely suck, and I have a really bad feeling you got suckered into something again. 

I'm confident about what I've gotten myself into.  It's not a perfect or even an ideal job, but it will provide a paycheck.  I need a paycheck.

We have been down this road before...

Btw, I'm not saying quit if we find something that is troubling (unless if you happen to be doing something illegal), but rather have us do some research and if we find something troubling, start looking again.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »

I'm going to my parents this weekend and we're going to talk about my strategy with the job.  I voiced my frustrations to my mother last night over the phone and she is concerned to be honest.  I don't want to leave this place, but if they think it would be the best thing for me then I would strongly consider it.  Ultimately, it's my decision, but I'll listen to everyone's advice.

Bushie, if you need the $$ I wouldn't leave the job unless if there are legal issues or something like that.  However, you should still be looking for other jobs.  Some employers might be able to work with you as far as a time period for an interview.  If not perhaps take a half day one day to have the interview.

With that being said, considering the above post, I think there might be some serious issues with this job you aren't telling us.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »

I'm going to my parents this weekend and we're going to talk about my strategy with the job.  I voiced my frustrations to my mother last night over the phone and she is concerned to be honest.  I don't want to leave this place, but if they think it would be the best thing for me then I would strongly consider it.  Ultimately, it's my decision, but I'll listen to everyone's advice.

So, RIP TULSA too?

I think he signed a year lease...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 06:20:10 PM »

Has he been fired? It's interesting that he went from vehemently defending the job to now admitting he's discussed quitting with his parents over his concerns.

Yea, it looks like its over
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 12:07:43 AM »

As things stand right now coming to the end of a Friday night, I am not only more comfortable, but continue to be very excited about getting on the phones the middle of next week.  J-Mann, I get that my personality type does not match call centers and sales jobs, but I do not believe that's a hard and fast rule.  I believe there are exceptions to every rule.  A person's frame of mind, I believe, plays a larger role than scientific results.  Anybody can do just about anything if they put their mind to it.  Bottom line, I am not going to let scientific results dictate how and where I make a living.

See, this is where we differ. I have no idea why you wish to prove us wrong over this after being let go of countless call center jobs, but maybe one day you will succeed. And I'm fairly sure J-Mann knows more about sales jobs than you do; we all know how they act during training and then how things are different when you actually are on the sales floor. You know that too. You've felt great about these call center jobs and then the first or second day on the phones, you're either let go or in trouble on the verge of being let go.

That said, I hope you keep this one until you find a CAD job, and I hope you make an honest effort to find one. It would suit you far better than sales.

I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong that I cannot work in a call center or sales, I am just trying to prove to myself that I can keep a job no matter what it is.

Bushie, no offense but this comment is just dumb period.  Some people ust aren't cut out for certain lines of work.  It isn't a bad thing, it is a fact thing.

You aren't cut out for a call center or sales type of job, you have tried it over and over again and it hasn't worked out.   I wouldn't be cut out for a Carpenter type of job because I suck at that type of stuff.  Nothing to be ashamed of.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »

You've worked at numerous call center jobs in the past. Why would you feel unprepared?

The past call centers have all been inbound with no sales.  This is outbound with sales.  So, it is a little different.  I knew what to expect in a general sense, but each company puts their own "spin" on the calls and what they require.

Bushie outbound with sales is considerably more difficult than in bound with no sales.

As someone who works in sales, although in a different industry (I work for a Mortgage Company), I am with JMann on this.  You aren't cut out to be a sales person.  That isn't a knock at out, but its simply a fact.  Hell there are plenty of times I think I should be doing something else. 

Of course that doesn't mean you should quit.  Stay where you are while you look for something else.  But if you think this is going to be anything other than a short-term job you are misstaken.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »

I walk into an ESPN, Cooking channel, UFC discussion.  We've done nothing since I've been here...

WTF kind of job is this?  Seriously, will you even get a paycheck?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »

This sounds so shady. 5 people have already "quit" after a few days of sitting around and talking about sports and cooking?

3 people have apparently quit because they weren't understanding the material that we did go over the first few days of class.

Or did 3 people quit because they realized it was a scam??

Since you think you are getting paid tomorrow, do you know if it is straight salary or a draw yet?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies