Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:40:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187729 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: May 31, 2014, 03:00:24 AM »

I haven't looked at this thread since it first began, and now I see there are 10 pages. Is it worth reading? As in, how many pages are there of Bushie totally not resuming Update in any way, shape or form?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:23:50 PM »

Try?  Just take a picture with your phone, bro.  Takes 5 seconds. 

Not when you have to remove all that dirt to get there.

REST IN DISRUPTION, J.J. Cry
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:46:17 AM »

Mondale now getting help from some Jon Huntsman / Green Bay Packer fan named Hanford.

Who posted articles on how to wear a suit correctly, and some video about Ethiopia.  For the life of me I can't figure out who it is........

What's even weirder is that profile has existed for three years.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:40:40 AM »

Oh, look, Inks responded?  Should I respond back?  Nahh, I'll let him continue his baseless and unwarranted attacks if it makes the kid feel better.  You may be a better person than me, but I can still call you kid.

Baseless? Unwarranted? Dude, you constantly create debt, call it your own, hock it on your parents to pay, and then take credit for that. You're not the Federal Reserve - you're a manchild in Oklahoma who refuses to take responsibility and always inserts some caveat whenever you supposedly do ("it's not entirely my fault...", "nobody's 100% perfect...", "Sure, I've made mistakes, but..."). These are obvious statements that don't have to be stated and usually only are when the person in question is absolutely, fundamentally 100% to blame. You just do it to try to make yourself feel better and trick others into having sympathy for your own perpetuated faults.

Have you ever paid off a major credit card or loan you've taken out in full? And I mean with money you earned from an employer, not money that your parents gave you in the first place or for cutting the grass for grandma. Now you're wasting even more borrowed money! Guess where that debt's going to end up? How old is your dad? You're single-handedly adding years to his retirement date; even when he's eligible for Social Security, he's going to have to be working at least part-time to keep his 40 year-old manchild's worthless student loan debt from ruining a future that you've already thrown in the trash with all of those excuses you make. But of course, you have ample money!

Stop borrowing money. You don't need it, you don't deserve it and you haven't earned it - not even the privilege to borrow money. You should be blacklisted from ever borrowing another red cent, and so should your parents until they learn to tell you no. They're already spending enough money to feed two people, and if you can't make it on your own, then the least you could do is wallow on back home so they don't have to foot the bill for yet another self-aborted attempt at success.

Stop making excuses. It's self-centered as hell to think that you can blame God for all of your failures. It's you - all you; the universe ain't out to get you and it ain't got no divine plan for you which revolves around all of the failures you've propagated. Laziness, excuses and convenience: that's your "divine plan". Stop blaming employers for not putting up with your shitty work ethic, and stop blaming scammers for scamming such a gullible person. Maybe if you actually had to earn your money to make ends meet and keep a roof over your head, you wouldn't be so impulsive to go beg family for hundreds or thousands of dollars to throw away on useless endeavors and scams. The only thing that's going to help you is to be completely, absolutely, cut-the-f[inks]-off from free money.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:43 AM »

Oh, look, Inks responded?  Should I respond back?  Nahh, I'll let him continue his baseless and unwarranted attacks if it makes the kid feel better.  You may be a better person than me, but I can still call you kid.

Baseless? Unwarranted? Dude, you constantly create debt, call it your own, hock it on your parents to pay, and then take credit for that. You're not the Federal Reserve - you're a manchild in Oklahoma who refuses to take responsibility and always inserts some caveat whenever you supposedly do ("it's not entirely my fault...", "nobody's 100% perfect...", "Sure, I've made mistakes, but..."). These are obvious statements that don't have to be stated and usually only are when the person in question is absolutely, fundamentally 100% to blame. You just do it to try to make yourself feel better and trick others into having sympathy for your own perpetuated faults.

Have you ever paid off a major credit card or loan you've taken out in full? And I mean with money you earned from an employer, not money that your parents gave you in the first place or for cutting the grass for grandma. Now you're wasting even more borrowed money! Guess where that debt's going to end up? How old is your dad? You're single-handedly adding years to his retirement date; even when he's eligible for Social Security, he's going to have to be working at least part-time to keep his 40 year-old manchild's worthless student loan debt from ruining a future that you've already thrown in the trash with all of those excuses you make. But of course, you have ample money!

Stop borrowing money. You don't need it, you don't deserve it and you haven't earned it - not even the privilege to borrow money. You should be blacklisted from ever borrowing another red cent, and so should your parents until they learn to tell you no. They're already spending enough money to feed two people, and if you can't make it on your own, then the least you could do is wallow on back home so they don't have to foot the bill for yet another self-aborted attempt at success.

Stop making excuses. It's self-centered as hell to think that you can blame God for all of your failures. It's you - all you; the universe ain't out to get you and it ain't got no divine plan for you which revolves around all of the failures you've propagated. Laziness, excuses and convenience: that's your "divine plan". Stop blaming employers for not putting up with your shitty work ethic, and stop blaming scammers for scamming such a gullible person. Maybe if you actually had to earn your money to make ends meet and keep a roof over your head, you wouldn't be so impulsive to go beg family for hundreds or thousands of dollars to throw away on useless endeavors and scams. The only thing that's going to help you is to be completely, absolutely, cut-the-f[inks]-off from free money.

Again, you HAVE to understand I am doing the best job I can right now.  I am actively searching for a job and nobody can deny that I am.  I have three very good leads that I'm about to leave right now to investigate one of them.  You have absolutely no right to tell me I am acting like a worthless bum.  There is no way I am.  And, also, NEVER MOCK MY FAITH.....  I want you guys to just SHUT UP.  My life is none of your business even if I do post about it.

Whenever you use capital letters, you make it painfully obvious that it's hit home and you know we're right. It's also usually a good indicator of when you're lying. DO YOU SCREAM WHEN PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE QUESTION YOU, or do they just buy all of the crap you spew at them? Do you tell every employer you interview with or have worked for that they can't blame you for anything like you do here?

It is absolutely our business when you post about it - if you want people to stop telling you what a failure you have been, then you have two options:

1) stop being such a failure
2) stop broadcasting your failure for the world to read in an obvious, childish demand for attention

This isn't Oklahoma: people aren't just going to listen to your bullsh**t and then say, "oh, good job Bushie, I'm sure you're doing as best you can". The years of details you've provided us with clearly outline someone who is manipulative and can convince those around him to believe all sorts of things that aren't true. The fact that you've made it to your mid-30s and not been kicked out of your parents' house for being such a lazy buffoon is a key indicator of that.

I don't HAVE to understand any of the stuff as you portray it, because you always sugar-coat everything into making it sound as if you're not to blame (aka lying). I didn't call you a worthless bum - you said that yourself - and it's quite telling you picked those words. The difference between you and a worthless bum is that a worthless bum doesn't have his parents keeping him afloat. I'm not MOCKING YOUR FAITH - I'm mocking you. Nobody is mocking your faith except you, by continuing to pretend that God is at the core of everything you do wrong. You are the only person who has control over that; if you think splashing a bit of water on yourself and saying some incantations is somehow enough to make you righteous and in the clear to lie, steal and otherwise sin when you wake up each day, then you're even more delusional than I thought.

And yes, you are a manchild. You don't support yourself, you make a plethora of excuses that liberate you from having to take any responsibility for your actions and when you do something that you should be doing anyway, you brag about it as if that's an accomplishment. If you think "acting like someone in their 50s or 60s" qualifies you as being mature, then that's just icing on the cake to prove the point.

you're a manchild in Oklahoma who refuses to take responsibility and always inserts some caveat whenever you supposedly do ("it's not entirely my fault...", "nobody's 100% perfect...", "Sure, I've made mistakes, but...")

I'm doing the best I can and it's about time people realize that.

Nobody, and I mean nobody can tell me with a straight face that I am not doing EVERYTHING I need to do right now.

I have had some tough breaks, and some have been self-inflicted, but

You have absolutely no right to tell me I am acting like a worthless bum.

Nobody has the right to attack me on what I'm doing right now.  I am not a worthless bum and I am not living like a worthless bum.  Furthermore, I am not acting like a child.

Anyway, I did sleep a good chunk of the day, but that was just because I could not get going today.  Everybody has those days where they just can't do anything.

Anyway, I did sleep a good chunk of the day, but that was just because I could not get going today. Everybody has those days where they just can't do anything. I went to a meeting with a recruiter this morning at 9:30 in Midtown Tulsa, but when I came home, I was so sleepy that I had to take a nap.  This was about 10:30.  I woke up about 13:00, ate lunch and did a little job search, but still could not keep my eyes open, so I laid back down from 14:00-14:30.  I got up and did a little more job search, but still could not stay awake, so I laid down from 15:15-15:55 and got up and did a little more job search while watching the news until 17:00.  I am still extremely tired and feel I could fall asleep right away.  I'm trying to be a little productive this evening since I wasn't too productive today, but I am yawning pretty big right now.  I should turn in early tonight so I can get a good night's sleep and have a better day tomorrow.  I still keep monitoring my resources I can apply to, but in the spotty day today, I haven't applied anywhere. I was a lazy-ass
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 05:04:54 AM »

LOL, I thought the same thing when I was writing it. Still, I find it much less immoral for someone's dependency to be funded by more than one hundred million people than I do someone's dependency leading to the financial ruin of just a couple of family members and some tribal council.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »

When is he asking for Papa Allison's permission? I believe that is still a prerequisite.

"Can I love on your kid?"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 10:12:30 PM »

Memphis is right, Bushie's on the Michael Phelps diet at the moment. I'm telling you, a switch to a healthier diet would produce rapid changes. How many calories is Bushie eating at the moment?

Based on what has been disclosed in the past vis a vis diet and weight gain rate, somewhere between 3,500-4,000/day seems to be the running average.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 03:39:20 AM »

King, I don't know how that would work. A gallon a day? That's twice the recommended amount. I mean I can see the logic in it but I feel like that can exacerbate uneven eating. Which is why I suggest eating a lot of water-heavy food, because it has that filling effect whilst having some nutrition and calories.

Actually, it's really not. You need at least 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds of weight. That means he needs about 1 gallon and a regular-sized water bottle on top of that. If you're profusely working out, then it's closer to 1:1. Considering how dehydrated he must be, how slow his metabolism is now due to years of abuse and the fact that he needs an appetite suppressant, a gallon of water per day might not be enough.

And really: the root of this is portion control, not the type of food he eats. He prioritizes pleasure in his food above all else; virtually every other generation of humanity didn't have that luxury and the reality is that eating is a requirement/responsibility, not a guilty pleasure we do for fun. Even if he finds healthy food that he enjoys and can actually stick with it, he's just going to eat 4,000 calories per day worth of it and remain morbidly obese. He might add back a couple of years to his life but at the end of the day, he's still ultimately going to suffer/continue to suffer from obesity-related illnesses and die insanely young. He needs to master getting by on half of the junk he eats every day before he can realistically worry about eating healthy. If he tries to do both at once, he'll just fail spectacularly due to his infantile addiction to food caused by a child-like palette and complete lack of self-control.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 04:45:47 AM »

Anyway, onto a different topic.  I am having dinner with my girlfriend's father tomorrow evening.  That can only mean one thing.  I am going to ask her father for his daughter's hand in marriage.  I am plotting my question to her, as well.

That you're just having dinner!?! Huh
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »

Well by the time you do that it's usually kind of a formality and the answer is assumed to be yes. What I'm finding absurd here is the idea that you need "permission" from the parents of someone to be engaged to them and that anyone asks this in 2014. Why would an adult need permission from their parents to do ANYTHING for that matter? (Excluding of course the obvious exception of cases where want they wanted to do involved their parents' property.)

Let's just hope he brings his cattle/shekels with him. According to Old Testament Biblical teachings, Bushie doesn't have to ask for permission from the father unless he has already raped her, and he can never divorce her. New Testament doesn't specify at all. So in reality, "conservative Christian culture" is just "contrived Oklahoma patriarchy". 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 11:33:43 PM »

I am seriously considering sending the Update back into hiatus.  It's starting to get boring, to be honest.

Bushie, are you forgetting that my main man Eraserhead is all powerful in the domain of this thread... As decreed by the fallen one, Inks.

Without someone chronically interrogating him who also carries formal authority on the board, he must feel like a lost puppy (RIP JJ).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »

Bushie, I know you know how to make a ham sandwich. Put some fresh spinach in there next time. In addition to the vitamins, you'll get some much needed fiber.

I might put lettuce, but I do not like spinach.

Who cares what you like? The whole reason you're in the situation you are is because you only eat what you like.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »

Xahar is and always has been a FF.

And the last two pages have convinced me that Bushie attends some cult-like church where you're taught that you can sin as much as you want as long as you say "forgive me because I acknowledge Jesus"? Do people actually believe this on a massive scale, or is this some isolated voodoo?

This sounds like Bushie thinks he could just run walk around gleefully, stabbing people left and right while casting a spell for forgiveness with the incantation "Amen" between each thrust all the way up until his death, and thinking that he was going to heaven. Seriously, if you believe that all you have to do is believe in Jesus or have some municipal water sprinkled on you in order to go to heaven, then how does the concept of sin even exist? You just wash it away with your mind apparently - "that may have been a sin, but it doesn't send me to hell like it does those savages in other countries who don't know Jesus!".

So anyone who believes in Jesus and acknowledges that goes to heaven, according to Bushie's interpretation of the Bible (which is an earthly interpretation from some pastors/preachers, and not an "INDISPUTABLE FACT").
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »

It's just a simple question - have you received the certificate yet?  If not, have you contacted them about it to follow up?

No, and I have not had time since I started work.

Yeah, it is hard to squeeze in a call between cheeseburgers on a 90 minute lunch break.

Or in between the plethora of posts made on this forum on a daily basis.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:04 AM »

I don't get why he would say that he needed an 80 to pass the course if he really only needed a 60. I'm pretty sure that he said that he needed an 80 several times.

I recall him mentioning the number 80, but it also seems like he did say that a 60 was passing before or right when he started - and that there was some ridicule about how a real college wouldn't let you pass with a 60.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »

We are supposed to role-play for a while today and then maybe listen to other people taking inbound calls.  I'm hoping and expecting the role-play to give me a better idea on how to talk to my customers.  Bottom line, is I have no plans to leave this job.  I can't afford to go through another long, painful job search.

Why can't  you look for a better job now that you have a job?  I'm missing something.

Because he's a fat, you see.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 11:03:37 AM »

I will start looking when I get home tomorrow night.  I just don't have to rush and worry.  I'm not desperate. 

Has anyone compiled the average of Bushie's tenures at call centers? It'd be some helpful insight for him, I'm sure...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:34 AM »

Oooh, I don't know about that one...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »

Bushie won't get a job with the Post Office. There are at least two rounds of applying/tests someone will go through, and in many cases, you end up on a waiting list that can take up to a year for even qualified applicants to become employed. You then end up on a one-year probation; after 365 days, they decide whether they're going to keep you or not, and only then do you actually begin getting real USPS pay and benefits.

I'd have my feelings pretty damn hurt if I was unemployed and broke like Bushie will be by Labor Day, and my parents said I couldn't come home because having a train room is more important. That's not just ice cold. That's zero degrees Kelvin scale.

This is exactly what I thought of
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »

Based on what he's describing, it sounds like this call mill isn't firing/losing as many people right now as they usually would in a quarter. They brought in a bunch of folk like Bushie with the expectation that x number of employees would be gone by the time they were trained, and have now discovered that fewer people than normal have quit. This leads to them having an excess number of trained drones on hand that aren't currently needed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies