Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:44:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188392 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: May 30, 2014, 08:12:34 PM »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.

How did your parents react to the latest happenings?

They were disappointed that I lost the job,  but feel better that I fought as hard as I could to keep it.   They are also supportive of me telling the truth at Thursday's interview.   They are proud of my honesty even if it potentially cost me a job.   Honesty may hurt initially,  but they are confident and I am confident that God will reward my honesty with a job at some point.   I just have to find it.  I got a very encouraging email Wednesday morning about the interview I had last Friday.  My parents are supportive of me all the way,  just hate the hand I've been dealt.   They hate the dirty tricks that have been played on me.

Jeff, you should probably try to recognize that you have played your cards poorly. Everyone makes mistakes but you will only get better by learning from them.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »

Jeff, this has been said many times but you really should make a serious effort to get in shape.  It will have amazing physical and mental results. This will lead to more confidence and productivity. I was profoundly overweight for a long time. This leads to a cycle of feeling like crap all the time and general laziness. Simple tasks become hard. Get motivated, organized, set goals and a path to achieve them. Develop plans and execute them.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »

This the same doctor that told you, besides your weight, that you were "really healthy"?

No, that was the previous doctor, the non-Indian doctor.

Questioning your doctor does not seem outrageous at all. 

It is completely outrageous.  Only I have the right to question him and I am completely comfortable with him.  This forum has NO RIGHT to question my doctor, especially when he knows more about my medical condition than this forum does.  I hate this "arm-chair diagnosis" that this forum has put me through.  It makes absolutely no sense.

If you dont like it then spend more time fixing the things you need to rather than rebutting the forum. You've wasted countless hours on here talking about all the things you are going to do and never end up doing. It is never too late, until it is.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »

It is more of a delusion than a lie. Bushie avoids potentially unpleasant situations at all costs, seems he is afraid of the answers he will get back. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2014, 10:53:01 AM by afleitch »

Whoever did that is so messed up. You don't screw with people's lives like that even if they share too much.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:47:42 PM »

But seriously, Ramen Noodles are not healthy. You'd be better off eating another burger.

You need VEGETABLES and FRUITS or you will die.

BUY bananas, blueberries, strawberries, broccoli, snow peas, spinach

You can even top the fruits with Cool Whip and the vegetables with butter if you must, but you NEED to start consuming items with some nutrients or life is over.

I ended up having two Oscar Meyer hot dogs on regular white bread and mustard.  Nothing real fancy, and only 330 calories.  This still leaves me with 130 calories left tonight.

Yikes man.  All that fat, salt nitrates and carbs.  How many pieces of bread? Not to be inks but people usually under count calories.  Your count looks off even if it was one slice.

I remember seeing some morbidly obese woman whinge how about "muh metabolism" and she was just drastically under-counting her calories.  She still wouldnt believe that her metabolism wasn't the problem and she was just eating way too much.

With your current plan you are not going to lose weight because you are not cutting enough or incorporating exercise to burn more. With the number you threw out there you would lose weight but you would offset any loss by cheat days at Braums.

I remind you that I told you 2 years ago to get a food scale.  Start a spreadsheet and track diligently if you are serious.  You need to stay dedicated and disciplined or you will most certainly fail.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »

Please try to eat vegetables more than once or twice per week.

All dem BM's
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 04:46:23 PM »

Maybe bushie is just a really crappy interviewer? Or he's just being lazy trying to find places. I don't know why everyone else would be getting CADD jobs except him, especially since he claims everywhere he looks wants experienced drafters.

Very few 300 pound men make good interviewees. People that size simply "look lazy" to HR departments.

This is very true.. it's why I'm glad I'm not Three hundo anymore.

Word. People treat you better when you are fit vs. fat.  Ive noticed people smile more at you.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »

You said that Allison is losing weight. What kind of diet is she doing?

Working out, salad, water.   She eats other things,  but she has always liked salad and she drinks water quite a bit.   She just recently started working out.

You do realize that drinking water doesnt make you lose weight? It is merely a tactic to keep you full and good for cleansing the system. If you chow down on a banquet of burgers and ho-ho's all day, you will still remain fat and get fatter.  You need a strategy, not just stuff like vitamins and water.  Working out is good, but must be done in coordination with diet and portion control.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »

The funny thing is out of the 13 people in my training class, nobody and I mean nobody has perfect attendance.  Everybody has missed at least one day.  Some of them have missed two or more.  Now, I think two or three of them have quit, but I definitely have company in the non-perfect attendance crowd.

...smoke meet fire... there could be a reason why you all find yourselves in this $hitshow of a job...
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:37 PM »

Bushie don't listen to these negative nancies. This sounds like a super chill job full of fun people. Maybe you'll even learn a little bit about hip-hop (is there Christian gospel hip-hop?). Grab a hold of the reigns and don't let go, no matter how much the bucking bronco that will be this job is trying to throw you off.

Lief, the bosses will be badgering him for not meeting his numbers in no time.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »

Yep, my Dad was a letter carrier for over 45 years.  Depending on your route it is a real hard job, he walked about 10 miles a day in all elements (from 100 degrees to blizzards) and would still go out while very ill. While 65 on a new hip and bum knee, he was still outpacing carriers 1/3 of his age.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:27 PM »

Jeff, from your posts on here you are a lot more well versed on a whole range of topics than the average American. You are not dumb but you make incredibly dumb decisions.  Until you address why you do so, you seem condemned to repeat them over and again. I won't presume to know you, however, I would recommend you do some critical self assessment. This is best done with help.  It really pains me to see you  put yourself in bad positions over and again. You've got a lot of happiness in your life but you keep throwing obstacles in your own path. Start treating yourself better, this doesnt mean short term gratifications but a long term, realistic plan to stability.  Good luck figuring it out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies