I am no good at math
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  I am no good at math
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am no good at math  (Read 412 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:23:12 PM »

Has there ever been such a jump in age as if Hillary succeeds Obama.... though she doesn't look her age!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:51 PM »

I assume you're asking if we've ever had such a jump in age from someone younger to someone older?

Because in that case, the answer is no (though we've come close).  The record to date would be when Carter passed the torch to Reagan, who was 13 years 8 months older than him.  Obama to Clinton is a difference of 13 years 10 months, so that would be a new record, in terms of the age jump from a younger president to an older president.

However, there *have* been larger age jumps going the other way (from old to young), the biggest one being Eisenhower to Kennedy.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:50 AM »

I assume you're asking if we've ever had such a jump in age from someone younger to someone older?

Because in that case, the answer is no (though we've come close).  The record to date would be when Carter passed the torch to Reagan, who was 13 years 8 months older than him.  Obama to Clinton is a difference of 13 years 10 months, so that would be a new record, in terms of the age jump from a younger president to an older president.

However, there *have* been larger age jumps going the other way (from old to young), the biggest one being Eisenhower to Kennedy.

I think that the difference in age between Eisenhower and Kennedy was almost 30 years if I'm not mistaken.

excelsus
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:54:03 PM »

I think that the difference in age between Eisenhower and Kennedy was almost 30 years if I'm not mistaken.

On January 20, 1961, Eisenhower was 70 years and 98 days old.
At that time Kennedy was 43 years and 236 years old.

As a result, the age difference between the outgoing and the newly sworn-in president was 26 years and 227 days.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies