NYT: If Landrieu has a path to victory, it's incredibly narrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYT: If Landrieu has a path to victory, it's incredibly narrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: NYT: If Landrieu has a path to victory, it's incredibly narrow  (Read 5698 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »

Landrieu is a corrupt, right-wing Democrat like all "Blue Dogs". She's an embarrassing hack who has no business being a member of the Senate. Hopefully (and it's looking more likely) she'll lose by a decent margin.

Congratulations, Senator Cassidy! Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2014, 07:05:03 PM »

Landrieu is a corrupt, right-wing Democrat like all "Blue Dogs". She's an embarrassing hack who has no business being a member of the Senate. Hopefully (and it's looking more likely) she'll lose by a decent margin.

You're supporting Cassidy because Landrieu is too right-wing?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »

Yes, obviously. Huh If you're going to elect a Republican you might as well elect one who actually has the party label.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's a parody post.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's a parody post.

I'm pretty sure it's not, because Atlas is in love with Landrieu for whatever reason.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2014, 07:55:08 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2014, 08:06:14 PM by oakvale »

The weird things is that Atlas loves Mary Landrieu and Mark Pryor but hate Blanche Lincoln when there's no significant difference between the three useless Blue Dogs.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2014, 07:56:48 PM »

I'm happy to maintain Dems in the Senate - but it hurts when they undermine the national agenda.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »

The weird things is that Atlas loves Mary Landrieu and Mary Pryor but hate Blanche Lincoln when there's no significant difference between the three useless Blue Dogs.

Landrieu, yes. Pryor? Where were you months ago, when half of the Red Avatars here refused to endorse Pryor? So many people were going on about how he was doomed, and they were glad.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

I do like that I made the "Mary" rather than "Mark" typo, furthering the implication that all three are basically Blanche Lincoln.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »

The weird things is that Atlas loves Mary Landrieu and Mary Pryor but hate Blanche Lincoln when there's no significant difference between the three useless Blue Dogs.

Landrieu, yes. Pryor? Where were you months ago, when half of the Red Avatars here refused to endorse Pryor? So many people were going on about how he was doomed, and they were glad.

Yet now everyone is now fawning over him because of a few polls.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »

Hehe, true, but even that's died down after that PPP poll.

But yes, Atlas is in love with Mary Landrieu, but despises Blanche Lincoln.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »

Landrieu's much more skillful than Lincoln...
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2014, 08:11:10 PM »

Is that really the case though? I think Landrieu would have gone much the same way had she ran for a third term in 2010 rather than 2008.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »

The weird things is that Atlas loves Mary Landrieu and Mark Pryor but hate Blanche Lincoln when there's no significant difference between the three useless Blue Dogs.

Lincoln was obnoxious with her opposition to HCR. She also stopped supporting EFCA only once it became plausible to pass it. In addition, she had a primary challenge that galvanized the left against her. Not only that, but I doubt her guaranteeing us a seat loss by losing in an enormous landslide bought her any good will. Besides, there's a big difference between hating Blanche Lincoln and supporting John Boozman.

Landrieu and Pryor might oppose Democrats sometimes, but at least they're not saboteurs or liars.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »

Oakvale doesn't seem concerned with reality, just with making ignorant declarations about forum consensus.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2014, 03:42:42 AM »

Globally what Badgate has said. There isn't a single thing that he has said that is true. Landrieu isn't Pryor or Lincoln. Pryor is badly hated on this forum. Landrieu isn't a useless blue dog.

And come on Oavale, stop being a fake leftist.
You're not a progressive, you're pro right to work, you're pro Reagan tax cuts, you seem to oppose minimum wage increase. Except on Keystone, she's more progressive than you.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2014, 03:46:26 AM »

Is that really the case though? I think Landrieu would have gone much the same way had she ran for a third term in 2010 rather than 2008.

Talleyrand, you can be effective, but you still can lose.

For example, Brad Carson lost by 10 points in Oklahoma in 2004, but his campaign is still considered as one of the best senate campaign in 2004.

Landrieu is definitely talented. But she's not God.
So yes, she would have lost in 2010, "normal".
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2014, 03:53:54 AM »

I'm happy to maintain Dems in the Senate - but it hurts when they undermine the national agenda.
In which way does Landrieu hurt the national agenda?
She has constantly voted with the democrats recently:
-on the Murray budget (and without her, it wouldn't have passed)
-on the minimum wage increase
-on the justice nominees

So?...
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2014, 04:04:25 AM »

Globally what Badgate has said. There isn't a single thing that he has said that is true. Landrieu isn't Pryor or Lincoln. Pryor is badly hated on this forum. Landrieu isn't a useless blue dog.

You're not a progressive, you're pro right to work, you're pro Reagan tax cuts, you seem to oppose minimum wage increase. Except on Keystone, she's more progressive than you.

Oakvale isn't a leftist. In fact I don't even think he's sure about what he is.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2014, 04:16:54 AM »

Oakvale isn't a leftist. In fact I don't even think he's sure about what he is.
Yes, that's why I consider him as a fake leftist.
He loves bashing other people because they're "rightwing" for him, but he's even more rightwing.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »

Yes, obviously. Huh If you're going to elect a Republican you might as well elect one who actually has the party label.
Coming from someone that likes Emmanuel and Cuomo? lol.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2014, 10:47:01 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2014, 11:09:12 AM by oakvale »

Oakvale doesn't seem concerned with reality, just with making ignorant declarations about forum consensus.

Sorry, I look forward to my own whiny PM about how you demand respect.

A) "Right to work" is a position that's only right-wing in an American context. I really don't see what's remotely conservative about not forcing people to join labour unions. B) I'm pro some Reagan tax cuts. I'm not actually a believer in trickle-down nonsense. C) I don't oppose the minimum wage increase. I think the minimum wage in the United States is too low. What I would oppose is doubling it by raising it to $15 overnight.

I don't know if I'm "progressive" or whatever. I'm a left-winger who thinks that markets do a better job than government in 99% of cases. That's hardly a controversial position.

e: Of course I don't have an "ideology" or whatever because I'm not a politician, but right-wing policies are generally worse than left-wing policies, although the Left per se is more annoying than the Right.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

We've still got 6 months until the election. Long way to go.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »

Actually, "right-to-work" doesn't say people don't have to join unions. Federal law already says you don't have to join, even if you're not in a "right-to-work" state. What "right-to-work" laws say is that people don't have to pay fees to the unions for the services they receive. In other words, they can just freeload, and force union workers to subsidize nonunion labor.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2014, 11:18:07 AM »

Oakvale,
You're definitely a social-liberal, a center-leftist and whatever with some rightwing views on unions,...
Yes, that's not controversial.
But the problem is that you don't like Mary Landrieu because she's a DINO.
You're yourself a DINO (not the social conservatives, but the social liberal).
The fact that you dislike Landrieu is understandable. She's pro Keystone,... Whereas you, you're pro environment. But the problem is that you say it's because "she's a DINO".
It's a bit hypocrit, don't you understand? Because she's probably to your left economically. I would respect you much more (and you know I like you by the way) if you just say you dislike her because she's anti environment, instead of jsaying "blablabla she's a DINO".Because you're not a true leftist, and you behave as a true leftist and she's more progressist than you economically.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies