Winfield/AndrewTX for Atlasia, the rise of the Grass Roots
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:03:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/AndrewTX for Atlasia, the rise of the Grass Roots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Winfield/AndrewTX for Atlasia, the rise of the Grass Roots  (Read 2822 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2014, 11:25:25 AM by Lincoln Republican »

Former Northeast Governor Winfield addresses Atlasians in his first speech of this Presidential campaign, Chicago, IL.

An exuberant crowd of Atlasians show their enthusiasm for the Winfield speech
Many are making the "W" for "Winfield" hand sign

My fellow Atlasians, my friends, thank you so very, very much for coming here today and for your heart warming welcome.  I am humbled and honored beyond measure.

I am here today to announce my candidacy for President of Atlasia.      

I stand before you this day as one whose entire public career has been dedicated to the betterment of Atlasians  from coast to coast, and to moving this nation forward.

I stand before you battle scarred, tested in the political wars, and ready to take on the elites who are only too happy to bankrupt the honest, tax paying, hard working people of this nation in order to make an exorbitant fortune for themselves, at your expense.  When I am President, this self serving and immoral behavior shall not be tolerated, nor will it be permitted.

Believe me, I will put a stop to this gravy train.  And those who are now on this free ride at your expense are in for a rude awakening.

As President, I will ensure that all Atlasians have the medical, social, and educational programs they and their families need in order to lead a healthy, meaningful, and comfortable life.  

Quality of life for Atlasians shall be at the forefront of my administration.

As President, I will ensure that the tax system is simple, fair, and equitable.

As President, I will work towards the goal of establishing peace and safety in this nation.  There has been far too much violence on our streets, in our places of employment, in our schools.  This blight on our society must be and will be brought under control.

When I talk about working toward public safety, my mind turns as well toward the issue of domestic violence.  Domestic violence is a blight on our society, and my administration will be working toward improving this very tragic situation.

Thank you so much for your outpouring of enthusiasm and support.  Mere words cannot express my gratitude.

And now, my fellow Atlasians, may we go forth from this day, may we embrace decency, honesty, compassion, and enthusiasm.  

On to victory, for Atlasia, and for Atlasians!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:20:57 AM »

Best of luck - at least for now you have my support.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 06:07:51 AM »

I'd like to lodge a copyright complaint with this campaign - the picture with those dirty hippies who are supposedly excited to see you is clearly a stock photo of Labor voters.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »

I'd like to lodge a copyright complaint with this campaign - the picture with those dirty hippies who are supposedly excited to see you is clearly a stock photo of Labor Left Front voters.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »

I do not venture into Atlasia much any more....but ENDORSED!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »

I do not venture into Atlasia much any more....but ENDORSED!

Thank you Clarence.  I am deeply honored!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

I'd like to lodge a copyright complaint with this campaign - the picture with those dirty hippies who are supposedly excited to see you is clearly a stock photo of Labor Left Front voters.

Yeah, Labor voters aren't entirely sub-30 white males with unfashionable wardrobes. Left Front it is.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 12:35:37 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 11:42:52 PM by Lincoln Republican »

My fellow Atlasians, thank you for joining me tonight in the first of my Fireside Chats, my frank and down to earth conversations with Atlasians.

As you are likely aware by now, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring for President of Atlasia.

If I may, please permit me to explain some of the reasons I have come to this potentially life changing decision.

I have heard from the single mother in New York City finding it hard to make ends meet, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the fisherman in Maine who is working fourteen hour days so he can feed his family, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the farmer in Colorado who has found it difficult getting a fair price for his grain, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the lumber worker in Oregon whose business has cut his hours to part time, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the office clerk in Mobile who pays much of her income out for child care, saying to me run Winfield run.  

I have heard from the factory worker in Chicago who fears he may not be able to keep up with technological changes in the industry, saying to me run Winfield run.

My friends, my fellow Atlasians, this is why I entered public life, to try and make life better for the people of this nation, and in particular, those who may need a little help.

Now, I do not claim to be able to solve all the ills facing this nation, however, I hope, in some way, to be able to improve life generally in Atlasia.

Thank you and good night.  

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »

I have heard from the single mother in New York City finding it hard to make ends meet, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the fisherman in Maine who is working fourteen hour days so he can feed his family, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the farmer in Colorado who has found it difficult getting a fair price for his grain, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the lumber worker in Oregon whose business has cut his hours to part time, saying to me run Winfield run.

I have heard from the office clerk in Mobile who pays much of her income out for child care, saying to me run Winfield run.   

I have heard from the factory worker in Chicago who fears he may not be able to keep up with technological changes in the industry, saying to me run Winfield run.

Walt Whitman, how did you get in here?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 10:08:45 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2014, 09:48:21 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I am pleased to announce that AndrewTX from the great state of Texas will be my Vice Presidential running mate in this election.

I am honored to have AndrewTX on the ticket.

AndrewTX is a good man who I am confident will do Atlasia proud.  

His governmental experience and knowledge will prove to be an invaluable asset to the administration and to Atlasia.

Thank you AndrewTX for joining me on the ticket.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »

Is he able to run as VP? Checking the last census, he wasn't registered and I think you have to be registered for at least six months to run for president or vice president.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »

Is he able to run as VP? Checking the last census, he wasn't registered and I think you have to be registered for at least six months to run for president or vice president.

The constitution says the person's account must be at least 180 days old, it does not say they must be registered that long.  I believe he is eligible to run.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »

What a ticket! Andrew has been a wonderful co-president for 3 terms and will surely do well in a forth term!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2014, 11:19:38 PM by Lincoln Republican »

The Winfield campaign moves into midtown Manhattan

Presidential candidate Winfield in Manhattan greeted with a ticker tape parade and huge, enthusiastic crowds.
Asked by the press why he rode in a truck rather than in a car, Winfield replied
"I am a man of the people.  I would rather ride in the back of a pick up truck than a limo."

My friends, fellow Atlasians, thank you so very much for your overwhelming welcome.  And thank you very,very much for that good old fashioned ticker tape parade.  I know New York is a fun place and you sure proved it today.

IT'S GREAT BE IN NEW YORK CITY!

Here we are today, surrounded by these magnificent buildings, a tribute to Atlasia's prominence on the world stage in business and commerce.

I am here today to address you and the rest of Atlasia about your money.  You will recall a few years back, when the government of Atlasia found it necessary to pump hundreds of billions of dollars into some very large and prominent businesses.  Was this the right thing to do?  Well, many prominent and eminent economists said at the time it was, and others said it was not.

Regardless, the fact is this money was pumped into these businesses.  Now, let me be clear, many of these businesses have stepped up to the plate, done the responsible thing, and have since paid back the money.  They have my respect, and the respect of most Atlasians I believe.

However, billions remain unpaid.

By the way, what is one thing that that really riles Atlasians that was done with millions and millions of dollars of these taxpayer funds?  What's that?  Yes, I can hear you shouting "Bonuses, Bonuses!"  That's right, huge bonuses paid to executives, with your money.

How many of you have ever received multi million dollar bonuses courtesy of the taxpayer?  I thought so, none of you.  I'm in the same boat as you my friends.  And I hear you.

Now, how do we get this money back, the funds that have remained unpaid.  

As President, I will be introducing legislation that will require a special business tax be levied, at an affordable rate for these companies, until these funds are paid back.

Once the funds are paid, the business tax on these corporations and businesses  will revert back to the regular rate, whatever that may be at the time.

My friends, at times, we have to make tough decisions, and hopefully we make the right decisions.  The bailout was a tough decision, getting the money back for the taxpayers is the right decision.

Thank you my friends, thank you for showing up in such large numbers for this event.  I will always remember your friendly faces and your sparkling enthusiasm.

Thank you and good day.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2014, 09:21:03 PM by Lincoln Republican »

What a ticket! Andrew has been a wonderful co-president for 3 terms and will surely do well in a forth term!

Thank you Mr. President for the first part.

However, as for the second part, there never has been a co-presidency in Atlasia in the past, nor will there be a co-presidency in Atlasia at any time in the future. 

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »

A message from the Winfield/AndrewTX campaign to Atlasians from all walks of life, from all political persuasions, from all parts of this great nation.

I have asked homelycooking to make our campaign a new campaign banner, and he has done a magnificent job.  Thank you very much homelycooking.

If there is anyone in this nation who would like to include this very attractive campaign banner in their signature, please advise me and I would be delighted to send you the link.

Thank you all.   
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »

Well, Winfield, the banner is also very legible at smaller sizes... Wink

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »

What a ticket!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »

This is truly a ticket of true leaders of The People.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »

I would like to thank my friend Winfield for inviting me to run for office with him. I look forward to this race, and to any questions y'all might have for us!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »

Thank you Clarence.  Much appreciated.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »

Thank you Simfan.  Much appreciated.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 02:19:23 PM »

Do you support enacting tort reform to crack down on frivolous lawsuits like this?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »

Do you believe that we should have real game reform rather than fighting the same tired battles that only lead to disillusionment and inactivity?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

Do you support enacting tort reform to crack down on frivolous lawsuits like this?

Scott, thank you for your question. 

I absolutely do favor tort reform in order to crack down on frivolous lawsuits.  The example you have given is clearly an extreme case, which I expect would be thrown out of court by any sane judge.  Our courts get far too clogged up with frivolous lawsuits, leaving less time for serious cases that should be heard and tried on a timely basis.  For truly frivolous cases that are brought before the courts, I absolutely am in favor of imposing a fine, plus all court costs, on the party bringing the case before the court. 

Case in point, some corporations and firms have made out of court settlements with individuals in some very questionable matters brought by lawsuits.

Yes, I am in favor of tort reform in this matter.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies