Winfield/AndrewTX for Atlasia, the rise of the Grass Roots
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:19:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/AndrewTX for Atlasia, the rise of the Grass Roots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Winfield/AndrewTX for Atlasia, the rise of the Grass Roots  (Read 2834 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »
« edited: May 18, 2014, 09:34:44 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Do you believe that we should have real game reform rather than fighting the same tired battles that only lead to disillusionment and inactivity?

Cynic, thank you for your very timely question.

Of course I, and I believe many Atlasians, would like to see, ideally, real game reform.  The main purpose of this fantasy board, I believe, is to promote discussion and to enjoy the elections and government activities and simulation, while at the same time retaining membership as much as possible, and encouraging new members to join.

Now, we all know that it is simply a matter of fact, and a matter of real life, that members on this board come and go, and no doubt always will.  There are, I am sure, countless reasons why members fall into inactivity, and in many cases, I believe, it has nothing to do with how the game is being played.  Members are simply moving on to another phase of their lives.  Some return, some do not, and new members come on board.  As well, like you say, some members do become frustrated or disillusioned, no doubt about that.  

Much has been written on this board about game reform, but, as you say, little has been achieved in this matter.  

Like I say, much has been written in this matter, and some very interesting and worthwhile ideas have been presented.  If we could find someone, or a committee of dedicated Atlasians, who are willing, they could go through the ideas presented, take the best ideas, and present them as a game reform proposal to be acted upon.  

So yes, I do favor game reform, but they must be reforms upon which Atlasians are able to come to a consensus on, because without a consensus, I do not see how these reforms could be instituted.    

Something to keep in mind, of course, is that there are many current aspects of the game which are good and which must be maintained.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2014, 04:18:58 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Well, Winfield, the banner is also very legible at smaller sizes... Wink

Thank you homelycooking.

That's right Atlasians, new you can have the Winfield/AndrewTX campaign banner in the new, smaller, convenient size.  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »

The Winfield/AndrewTX campaign wishes to publicly thank former President tmthforu for his endorsement and wholehearted support for our candidacy.

tmthforu had announced his candidacy for President, but decided to withdraw from the race and support us instead.

Thank you tmthforu for this very generous and selfless act on your part.

We are honored to have the support of someone with your experience, abilities, and knowledge.

Thank you very much.  
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 03:18:00 AM »

Endorsed.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 12:39:45 PM »

Thank you so much my friend. 

I can use all the endorsements I can get.  Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 05:01:14 PM by Simfan34 »

SIMFAN: WINFIELD IS MY CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT

NYMAN (UPA)- Game Moderator Simfan34 declared today that he is supporting former Northeast Governor Winfield's bid for the presidency in the upcoming elections in June.

"I will be supporting Winfield and Andrew in their campaign," he said. "They have my full support and I intend to help them in any way I can in the coming weeks; they are the true supporters of The People and I believe that this is enough to get them over the top."

Simfan, who previously served as Winfield's Lieutenant Governor from July to October 2011, ran with Winfield for Vice President on a Social Credit Party (SCP) ticket in the February 2013 election. In that race Winfield and Simfan received 5% of the vote and placed in fourth. Winfield also ran in the October 2012 election and placed third, with 11.4% of the vote.

Queried on whether he thought Winfield could perform better in the upcoming election, Simfan said that he thought so. "Without a doubt, they will do better- they're going to win. Why? Because this time I think they've started from a position of strength, they have significant firepower lining up behind them at an early stage. Which is something we didn't have in 2012."

He said that Winfield's platform represented "a real change from business as usual" and his remarks showed "the insightfulness and measured thought that we have come to expect from Governor Winfield." As for the the choice of Former Governor AndrewTX, Simfan said that "the choice showed a lot of verve, a lot of gumption," and that it was "by far the strongest ticket out there."

Asked why he endorsed Winfield over the only TPP candidate in the race, SirNick, or Pacific Governor DemPGH, Labor's candidate, with whom he has worked closely, Simfan remarked that "SirNick and DemPGH have been good, solid leaders in their regions, and they would be good presidents- I'd be contented with them in office. But I honestly believe that only Winfield would be a great President in the mould of Duke, Polnut, or Averroes- those who have been amongst The People."

Simfan currently serves not only as Game Moderator, but also Attorney General and a Pacific Councillor. Exiled for twelve years, Simfan made a triumphant return in March 2014. Prior to his exile, he served as a Senator, Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, two times Northeast Lieutenant Governor, member of the Assembly, and Chief Judicial Officer.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »

The Winfield campaign swings into Columbia, SC.

View of Columbia, SC skyline, showing the street where the Winfield motorcade made its' way to the Carolina Stadium for his speech  

Columbia, SC crowd cheering on Presidential candidate Winfield

My friends, thank you so much for coming here today.  I am so very pleased to be here in the south.  And thank you from the bottom of my heart for your fantastic welcome.  Folks here in the south sure know how to make you feel at home, even for a Northeasterner like myself.

IT'S GREAT TO BE HERE IN COLUMBIA!

My friends, my fellow Atlasians, I will be addressing you today on a matter near and dear to my heart.  I came to Columbia today to talk with you and with the nation about the well being of Atlasians, for this generation, and for Atlasians yet unborn.

I envision an Atlasia where our people can live happy, productive, and meaningful lives, freed from the restraints and worry and apprehension, freed from the burden of not knowing where your next dollar is coming from, freed from the heartbreak of not having adequate means to adequately care for your children.

My fellow Atlasians, I have heard your cries, and I have listened.  I am here today to offer Atlasians a choice.  A choice between an uncertain future and a future where you will know where you stand, a future where you will know that you will not have to worry about your day to day existence, a future where you know you and your loved ones are secure and safe.

Most government plans are so complicated and bureaucratic as to be almost incomprehensible.  I offer a simple, practical, and affordable solution.  For lack of a better name, I will refer to it as Wincare.

Wincare will encompass the following aspects of our lives:

Comprehensive health care for all Atlasians. including hospital care, catastrophic care
Day care for those who require it
Comprehensive dental care for all Atlasians
A comprehensive prescription drug plan for all Atlasians
A comprehensive home care program for those who require it
A comprehensive seniors care plan effective either in their homes or in government care facilities
A comprehensive eye care program
Preventive education programs where Atlasians will learn, to the extent possible, how to better protect themselves and their families from common ailments
Community kitchens and homeless shelters where the homeless can eat and stay over a period of time until they are able to cope on their own, assisted by government education and assistance programs
Adequate retirement benefits for those who require it
A financial assistance program for those in need to get them over their hard times
Employment insurance program for those who lose their jobs to carry them over

These are some of the programs I propose.

Good programs require adequate funding, and I am proposing dropping all sales taxes and instituting an across the board goods and services tax of 5%, which will exclude food.

I propose a progressive tax policy, which will provide the required revenue necessary to adequately care for Atlasians and will fund the day to day business of government.

Up to 35,000 10%
Over 35,000-50,000 15%
Over 50,000-100,000 20%
Over 100,000-300,000 25%
Over300,000-500,000 30%
Over 500,000-1,000,000 35%
Over 1,000,000-3,000,000 40%
Over 3,000,000-5,000,000 45%
Over 5,000,000 50%

This taxation policy is simple and straightforward, no deductions, no loopholes.

Because we know there is considerable extra cost in raising children, for families with dependent children up to age 18, or 18 and over enrolled in an accredited education institution, or age 18 and over still dependent due to physical or mental health issues, the following deductions will apply for these families:

Up to 35,000 3,000 per child
Over 35,000-50,000 2,000 per child
Over 50,000-100,000 1,000 per child

Unlike many politicians, I lay out the facts up front, without surprising you afterwards.

My friends, my fellow Atlasians, thank you so much for your time today, now let us put ourselves to work in this great cause, of service to our nation, and to our fellow man.

God bless you, and God bless Atlasia.    
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »

Simfan, thank you so very much for your endorsement.

It is a great honor for me to receive the endorsement from such a great Atlasian as yourself.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »

I hope we will see the return of some of your ideas from last year:

WINFIELD-SIMFAN 2013
A NATION TO SAVE!
THE SOCIAL CREDIT PLATFORM FOR PROSPERITY

CARE FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE

Parental Leave Act
The Parental Leave Act would mandate that employers grant mothers 10 weeks of maternity leave at full pay, the first two weeks of which shall be mandatory taken, and an additional ten weeks at half-pay, and two weeks of paternity leave at full pay. The family is then entitled to 30 additional weeks of guaranteed leave without pay.

National Daycare Provider Act
This would empower and fund school districts to set up day-care and pre-school programs for young children, as to enable both parents to enter the workforce. Two meals a day and a snack would be served in these programs. In addition, the NEPA would grant credits for low-income families to send their children to private, competitive day care and pre-school programs.

FELLA (Fostering Early Literacy for Low-Income Atlasians) Act
The FELLA Act would establish funding for early literacy programmes in low-income areas and other areas of below-average literacy. These programs would be held at local libraries and schools, and would include family nights focused on the importance of and strategies for reading with children, reading and writing sessions at the libraries, and the Young Literacy Corps’ volunteers mentor pre-schoolers, kindergarteners and first graders in reading, oral language, and literacy skill development.

GET(Gaining Excellent Teachers) Act
The Gaining Excellent Teachers Act would supplement the recently passed Atlasian Institute of Teachers Act by providing incentives for high performance on the National Teachers Licensing Exam (NTLE) and performance in their academic institution via tax credits and tuition grants.

Universal Secondary Education Act
The federal government would mandate that every Atlasian, who is capable of such, must achieve a secondary-level education, that is, complete high school.

Universal Tertiary Education Act
The federal government would mandate that every Atlasian, who is capable of such, at least complete two years of tertiary education, whether it be at a trades school, an associate degree, vocational education, military education, or general bachelors and graduate degrees. This would help make our workforce more competitive in the 21st century global economy and allow for the strengthening of trades.

Federal Holidays and Vacations Act
All Atlasians would be entitled to fourteen days of paid leave per annum in addition to the observance of all federal holidays, in addition to Easter Monday, Good Friday, Easter, Election Day, and Constitution Day.

Anti-Treason Commemoration Act
The commemoration of any official, organization, or institution associated with the Confederate States of America (CSA) by state or regional holiday or any other law is prohibited.

Federal Provident Fund Act
The Federal Provident Fund would mandate the saving by every Atlasian of a minimum 2.25% of their annual income for old age, to gradually increase over time. Eventually this may displace Social Security. A minimum savings would be set and differences between 2.25% of income and the legal minimum would be funded by the government, thus encouraging saving even for low-income earners.

National Savings Bank Act
A Federally-backed savings bank would be established to encourage general  (non-retirement) saving by individuals, and re-establishing the Postal Savings Bank. Income shown as saved in the Savings Bank would be eligible for a full tax credit of up to $50,000 for couples and $25,000, and a half tax credit in other banks.

Guaranteed Minimum Income Act
Each Atlasian would be entitled to a minimum post-tax income as set forth by the bill, and the actualisation of the minimum income would be through a negative income tax, without any other reduction of benefits.

Federal Final Dignity Act
All Atlasians would be entitled to a burial or cremation in a cemetery, with rites preformed according to their religious beliefs, and a permanent marker of their burial, with government funding in the case of inability to pay.

A RICHER CULTURE AND AFFORDABLE RECREATION  

National Interest Cultural Sites Access Act
Museums and other cultural sites designated to be of “national interest” (ie, Ellis Island, Metropolitan Museum of Art) shall be subsidised by the Federal Government to the point of guaranteed free admission.

Preforming Arts Preservation Act
A “sustaining grant” shall be made to all major symphonic, classical, and preforming arts organisations and programmes; symphonies should not be made to go bankrupt.

Preforming Arts Service Initiative Act
The Preforming Arts Service Initiative (PASI), would brings talented Servicemen and Servicewomen into the concert halls, opera houses, and theatres of Atlasian towns and cities, to help both broaden their experience and help bring high culture into everyday life for millions of Atlasians.

Public Art Project  Act
The Public Art Project (PAP) would bring the works of Atlasia’s most promising young artists into to the public sphere, from our newest rural public buildings to even the Capitol. Additionally, PAP members helped make informational posters, exhibition displays, informational diagrams, and technical schematics.

Young Arts Project Act
This would give significant grants to public school districts for funding art and music programs, and funding visits to museums, theatres, et al.

Recreation and Fitness Act
Subsidies to families who cannot otherwise afford the costs to ensure their children are able to enroll and engage in recreational and sporting activities of various types.    

PAYING FOR THIS ALL
Goods and Services Tax Act
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) would be a tax levied on the value added on each level of production, at a level of 5%. Most developed countries, and indeed most countries in general, have a goods and services tax, and there is no reason Atlasia should not have one as well, especially in order to fund the improvements we intend to make. With exemptions for housing, education, and charitable donations, a GST would raise $277.2 billion in new revenue.
(http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/R41708_20110322.pdf)

Financial Transactions Tax
The Financial Transactions Tax would tax the trades of each major category of financial assets traded in Atlasian markets: stocks, bonds, foreign exchange, and derivative assets (i.e. options, forwards, futures, and swaps). Many analysts also believe that an excessive share of the economy’s resources is being consumed by the financial sector. A financial transactions or trading tax is a policy tool that can address both issues: raising a substantial amount of revenue and reducing the size of financial trading in the U.S. economy relative to the economy’s level of productive activity. At a rate of 0.5% on stocks and 0.01% on bonds, a Financial Transactions Tax could raise up to $353.8 billion in new revenue. (http://scholarworks.umass.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1180&context=peri_workingpapers)

In total, this is $631 billion of new income per annum.

GAME REFORM

Establish the office of the Presidential Press Secretary
To improve communication from the President to the citizens of Atlasia, we would establish a Presidential Press Office to make announcements on a weekly basis, minimum. The Press Secretary would guarantee at least a basic level of contact and interaction with the Presidency, and would always be open for questions by definition.

Reorganize the Federal Departments:
A Department of Treasury and Budget
A Department of the Interior
A Department of State
A Department of Federal Elections
A Department of the Census
A Department of Culture and Education

A people’s constitutional convention

Party primaries
All parties would hold primaries for their presidential nominations

Popular petition through the committees
Constituents would be able to propose bills for Senatorial Committee’s recommendation

Winfield/Simfan Energy Policy

If we create the right kind of system, we can not only get off the fossil-fuels roller coaster, but speed the transition to a clean energy economy that puts the interests of people before interests of polluters.  
Our goal is to cut carbon dioxide emissions 80 percent below 1990 levels by 2050. This will be accomplished through a cap-and-trade system that would auction off 100 percent of emissions permits, making polluters pay for the CO2 they emit.

We intend to channel revenue raised from auctioning emissions permits,  between $30 billion and $50 billion a year, toward developing and deploying clean energy technology, creating "green jobs."  

25 percent of electricity is to come from renewable sources by 2025, and 30 percent of the federal government's electricity is to come from renewables by 2020.

We will propose investing $150 billion over 10 years in R&D for renewables, biofuels, efficiency, clean coal, and other clean tech.

This plan is designed to achieve the following results:

-Improving energy efficiency 50 percent by 2030.

-36 billion gallons of biofuels to be used each year by 2022 and 60 billion gallons of biofuels to be used each year by 2030.

-All new buildings to be carbon neutral by 2030.

-Reduce oil consumption by at least 35 percent, or 10 million barrels a day, by 2030.

-Get 1 Million Plug-In Hybrid Cars on the Road by 2015.

-Create a new $7,000 tax credit for purchasing advanced vehicles.

-Weatherize one million homes annually.

-Increase fuel economy standards.

-Crack down on excessive energy speculation.

-Develop and deploy clean coal technology.

We will be working toward less oil dependancy from the middle east and Venezuela, markets which will become more and more volatile in the coming years.  I propose to increase our oil imports from Canada, a more dependable supplier.

Off shore drilling will only be permitted once it has been established that adequate controls are in place to ensure no oil spills will occur.

Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2014, 05:53:05 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 05:54:48 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I hope we will see the return of some of your ideas from last year:

WINFIELD-SIMFAN 2013
A NATION TO SAVE!
THE SOCIAL CREDIT PLATFORM FOR PROSPERITY

CARE FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE

Parental Leave Act
The Parental Leave Act would mandate that employers grant mothers 10 weeks of maternity leave at full pay, the first two weeks of which shall be mandatory taken, and an additional ten weeks at half-pay, and two weeks of paternity leave at full pay. The family is then entitled to 30 additional weeks of guaranteed leave without pay.

National Daycare Provider Act
This would empower and fund school districts to set up day-care and pre-school programs for young children, as to enable both parents to enter the workforce. Two meals a day and a snack would be served in these programs. In addition, the NEPA would grant credits for low-income families to send their children to private, competitive day care and pre-school programs.

FELLA (Fostering Early Literacy for Low-Income Atlasians) Act
The FELLA Act would establish funding for early literacy programmes in low-income areas and other areas of below-average literacy. These programs would be held at local libraries and schools, and would include family nights focused on the importance of and strategies for reading with children, reading and writing sessions at the libraries, and the Young Literacy Corps’ volunteers mentor pre-schoolers, kindergarteners and first graders in reading, oral language, and literacy skill development.

GET(Gaining Excellent Teachers) Act
The Gaining Excellent Teachers Act would supplement the recently passed Atlasian Institute of Teachers Act by providing incentives for high performance on the National Teachers Licensing Exam (NTLE) and performance in their academic institution via tax credits and tuition grants.

Universal Secondary Education Act
The federal government would mandate that every Atlasian, who is capable of such, must achieve a secondary-level education, that is, complete high school.

Universal Tertiary Education Act
The federal government would mandate that every Atlasian, who is capable of such, at least complete two years of tertiary education, whether it be at a trades school, an associate degree, vocational education, military education, or general bachelors and graduate degrees. This would help make our workforce more competitive in the 21st century global economy and allow for the strengthening of trades.

Federal Holidays and Vacations Act
All Atlasians would be entitled to fourteen days of paid leave per annum in addition to the observance of all federal holidays, in addition to Easter Monday, Good Friday, Easter, Election Day, and Constitution Day.

Anti-Treason Commemoration Act
The commemoration of any official, organization, or institution associated with the Confederate States of America (CSA) by state or regional holiday or any other law is prohibited.

Federal Provident Fund Act

The Federal Provident Fund would mandate the saving by every Atlasian of a minimum 2.25% of their annual income for old age, to gradually increase over time. Eventually this may displace Social Security. A minimum savings would be set and differences between 2.25% of income and the legal minimum would be funded by the government, thus encouraging saving even for low-income earners.

National Savings Bank Act
A Federally-backed savings bank would be established to encourage general  (non-retirement) saving by individuals, and re-establishing the Postal Savings Bank. Income shown as saved in the Savings Bank would be eligible for a full tax credit of up to $50,000 for couples and $25,000, and a half tax credit in other banks.

Guaranteed Minimum Income Act
Each Atlasian would be entitled to a minimum post-tax income as set forth by the bill, and the actualisation of the minimum income would be through a negative income tax, without any other reduction of benefits.

Federal Final Dignity Act
All Atlasians would be entitled to a burial or cremation in a cemetery, with rites preformed according to their religious beliefs, and a permanent marker of their burial, with government funding in the case of inability to pay.

A RICHER CULTURE AND AFFORDABLE RECREATION  

National Interest Cultural Sites Access Act
Museums and other cultural sites designated to be of “national interest” (ie, Ellis Island, Metropolitan Museum of Art) shall be subsidised by the Federal Government to the point of guaranteed free admission.

Preforming Arts Preservation Act
A “sustaining grant” shall be made to all major symphonic, classical, and preforming arts organisations and programmes; symphonies should not be made to go bankrupt.

Preforming Arts Service Initiative Act
The Preforming Arts Service Initiative (PASI), would brings talented Servicemen and Servicewomen into the concert halls, opera houses, and theatres of Atlasian towns and cities, to help both broaden their experience and help bring high culture into everyday life for millions of Atlasians.

Public Art Project  Act
The Public Art Project (PAP) would bring the works of Atlasia’s most promising young artists into to the public sphere, from our newest rural public buildings to even the Capitol. Additionally, PAP members helped make informational posters, exhibition displays, informational diagrams, and technical schematics.

Young Arts Project Act
This would give significant grants to public school districts for funding art and music programs, and funding visits to museums, theatres, et al.

Recreation and Fitness Act
Subsidies to families who cannot otherwise afford the costs to ensure their children are able to enroll and engage in recreational and sporting activities of various types.  

PAYING FOR THIS ALL
Goods and Services Tax Act
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) would be a tax levied on the value added on each level of production, at a level of 5%. Most developed countries, and indeed most countries in general, have a goods and services tax, and there is no reason Atlasia should not have one as well, especially in order to fund the improvements we intend to make. With exemptions for housing, education, and charitable donations, a GST would raise $277.2 billion in new revenue.
(http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/R41708_20110322.pdf)

Financial Transactions Tax
The Financial Transactions Tax would tax the trades of each major category of financial assets traded in Atlasian markets: stocks, bonds, foreign exchange, and derivative assets (i.e. options, forwards, futures, and swaps). Many analysts also believe that an excessive share of the economy’s resources is being consumed by the financial sector. A financial transactions or trading tax is a policy tool that can address both issues: raising a substantial amount of revenue and reducing the size of financial trading in the U.S. economy relative to the economy’s level of productive activity. At a rate of 0.5% on stocks and 0.01% on bonds, a Financial Transactions Tax could raise up to $353.8 billion in new revenue. (http://scholarworks.umass.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1180&context=peri_workingpapers)

In total, this is $631 billion of new income per annum.

GAME REFORM

Establish the office of the Presidential Press Secretary
To improve communication from the President to the citizens of Atlasia, we would establish a Presidential Press Office to make announcements on a weekly basis, minimum. The Press Secretary would guarantee at least a basic level of contact and interaction with the Presidency, and would always be open for questions by definition.

Reorganize the Federal Departments:
A Department of Treasury and Budget
A Department of the Interior
A Department of State
A Department of Federal Elections
A Department of the Census
A Department of Culture and Education

A people’s constitutional convention

Party primaries
All parties would hold primaries for their presidential nominations

Popular petition through the committees
Constituents would be able to propose bills for Senatorial Committee’s recommendation
[/s]
Winfield/Simfan Energy Policy

If we create the right kind of system, we can not only get off the fossil-fuels roller coaster, but speed the transition to a clean energy economy that puts the interests of people before interests of polluters.  
Our goal is to cut carbon dioxide emissions 80 percent below 1990 levels by 2050. This will be accomplished through a cap-and-trade system that would auction off 100 percent of emissions permits, making polluters pay for the CO2 they emit.

We intend to channel revenue raised from auctioning emissions permits,  between $30 billion and $50 billion a year, toward developing and deploying clean energy technology, creating "green jobs."  

25 percent of electricity is to come from renewable sources by 2025, and 30 percent of the federal government's electricity is to come from renewables by 2020.

We will propose investing $150 billion over 10 years in R&D for renewables, biofuels, efficiency, clean coal, and other clean tech.

This plan is designed to achieve the following results:

-Improving energy efficiency 50 percent by 2030.

-36 billion gallons of biofuels to be used each year by 2022 and 60 billion gallons of biofuels to be used each year by 2030.

-All new buildings to be carbon neutral by 2030.

-Reduce oil consumption by at least 35 percent, or 10 million barrels a day, by 2030.

-Get 1 Million Plug-In Hybrid Cars on the Road by 2015.

-Create a new $7,000 tax credit for purchasing advanced vehicles.

-Weatherize one million homes annually.

-Increase fuel economy standards.

-Crack down on excessive energy speculation.

-Develop and deploy clean coal technology.

We will be working toward less oil dependancy from the middle east and Venezuela, markets which will become more and more volatile in the coming years.  I propose to increase our oil imports from Canada, a more dependable supplier.

Off shore drilling will only be permitted once it has been established that adequate controls are in place to ensure no oil spills will occur.

Smiley

Over the remainder of the campaign, I will be announcing further policy positions, which will include some from our previous Presidential campaign.  

Good policy then is still good policy now, after all.  

Some of these policies are encompassed by Wincare.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 06:24:59 PM »

I acknowledge my running mate in the Feb/2013 Presidential campaign Simfan for his tremendous contribution to our platform at that time.  Both Simfan and I contributed substantially to our platform for that election.

Running for President and Vice President is, after all, a joint effort, as far as I am concerned. 
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:13 AM »

Well,
I wish you good luck for this campaign!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2014, 11:21:53 AM »

That's an impressive platform in terms of detail and ambition, although most of these proposals have already been enacted, including a basic income guarantee, universal child care and parental leave for workers, the financial transaction tax, most of the clean energy initiatives, and a carbon tax. (In terms of economic and environmental effects, a carbon tax is about the same as an auction-based cap & trade system.)

How would Wincare differ from the existing Atlasian National Healthcare System (i.e. "Fritzcare")?

I believe Wincare would be more straight forward, less bureaucratic.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »

Thank you my good man.  To you as well! 
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

That's an impressive platform in terms of detail and ambition, although most of these proposals have already been enacted, including a basic income guarantee, universal child care and parental leave for workers, the financial transaction tax, most of the clean energy initiatives, and a carbon tax. (In terms of economic and environmental effects, a carbon tax is about the same as an auction-based cap & trade system.)

How would Wincare differ from the existing Atlasian National Healthcare System (i.e. "Fritzcare")?

I believe Wincare would be more straight forward, less bureaucratic.

I actually thought the same thing Averroes, but didn't want to say anything. I don't have easy access to the link, but if you scroll through Averroes' last budget or a newer one if its on the Wiki, you can see the programs lined up for ya.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2014, 01:07:06 PM »

You see, by laying out my priorities in this matter, I am telling Atlasians what I believe, while at the same time telling Atlasians that they will still have this coverage under my administration.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »

My fellow Atlasians

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you due to circumstances IRL I have found it necessary to drop out of the Presidential race.

I have informed my running mate AndrewTX .

Best wishes and good luck to all remaining candidates.

I have every confidence that one of you will make a very good President.

To my supporters, thank you so very much for all your help in the campaign, and sorry to have to make this announcement.

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »

My fellow Atlasians

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you due to circumstances IRL I have found it necessary to drop out of the Presidential race.

I have informed my running mate AndrewTX .

Best wishes and good luck to all remaining candidates.

I have every confidence that one of you will make a very good President.

To my supporters, thank you so very much for all your help in the campaign, and sorry to have to make this announcement.

Too bad Winfield. I was going to vote for you... Do you have to formally drop out in the candidate declaration thread?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »

This is most unfortunate. Now what will we center-rightists do?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 04:37:40 PM »

I like the tax proposal you guys put forward, it's a shame you dropped out before we could have that conversation.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »

DRAFT WINFIELD! Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

I don't know what our current rates are, but perhaps it's time we looked at tax reform before I leave office.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »

Draft Riley!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »

Join Labour?  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies