Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:56:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed  (Read 23932 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »

I didn't see the Winfield withdrawal coming at all.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 03:41:33 AM »

I didn't see the Winfield withdrawal coming at all.
Me too.

So, there are just 2 candidates now?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »

Winfield drops out!
DemPGH now facing SirNick alone, will the center-right find a new candidate or will they declare for SirNick?

May 26th: In a move that caused widespread shock and ruined enormous amounts of polling, presidential candidate Winfield withdrew from the race a few hours after Snowstalker did the same. His candidacy has not been formally withdrawn, but Winfield explained that RL issues forced him to drop out. With his departure the field has narrowed to DemPGH and SirNick, and unless the "Draft Riley" movement manages to organize and show their strenght, it seems the Federalist Party might indeed not have a party member as their candidate in June. President Duke and Simfan joked about suspending the election, but it seems that the Duke legacy might very well lack a candidate (as Winfield was percieved to take on some themes of the administration) as well. Either way, it seems it's wide open for whoever wishes to run from the center-right.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:21 AM »

Senator Lumine was visibly upset when he realized all that polling had gone to waste. He is expected to find Winfield and drag him back to the race kicking and screaming.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »

Is the Duke legacy back into the election?
With AndrewTX launching a bid that hasn't been clarified yet, it seems there are still a few surprises left:

May 27th: Within a few hours of Winfield's resignation and after a few jokes about not going forward with the election, it seems there are some movements behind the scenes. The first movement came from GM Simfan, who recently reopened the deceased National Council for the Preservation of Democracy, which advocates for "extraordinary actions". Shortly after that Andrew TX, Winfield's running mate announced a bid of his own, a campaign for "co-president" which went on to win Simfan's endorsement and a possible "trial-baloon" poll, which put an Andrew/Duke ticket against SirNick and DemPGH. Although it's not clear whether the President will run in June as a VP nominee, it seems this is bound to evolve into something interesting. And since Snowstalker has talked about going back to the race, it seems it's not just DemPGH v. SirNick anymore.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »

Draft Riley Update: Will he or won't he?
Sources close to the Governor report a good deal of incertitude, and a potential debate:

May 27th: "Draft-Riley" was started by Former Assemblyman and Media Baron Cassius a few days ago, and so far the reactions seem mixed. On one hand, a rcent Poll by the Mideast Telegraph shows that most Federalists would be willing to support Riley, although GM Simfan was quick to state that the Governor needs more experience and believed the polls to be skewed. A political newcomer, Riley has made the news by fighting for foster care and health care reform, and being a potential conservative leader who has been so far quite loyal to the administration. Insider sources within the Federalist Party report that the Governor seems slightly undecided, despite looking at SirNick's candidacy in a very positive light. Even more, rumour has it Riley will appear on the debate stage with the rest of the presidential candidates to further explore his run, but this hasn't been confirmed yet. Will he or won't he? That's the question many ask.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:51 PM »

My dear friend and glorious Atlasia legend Matt nearly won the Presidency against Nix, and he had about as much experience, maybe even a little bit less, as Riley does right now. Not saying that I support Riley, I back Sirnick til the end of time, but let's see what happens.

The question here is who he would pick for VP, the bench is dried. That being said, Riley/Yankee would be a potentially potent ticket, depending on how the campaign goes.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2014, 06:58:18 AM »

So is there any pro-life candidate in this race?
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »

I'm pro-life, deciding whether or not to be a candidate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »

I'm not sure if Dallasfan counts as VP (I imagine he might be pro-life), but if he doesn't then I was probably one the last pro-life candidate to get to the actual election, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »

My dear friend and glorious Atlasia legend Matt nearly won the Presidency against Nix, and he had about as much experience, maybe even a little bit less, as Riley does right now. Not saying that I support Riley, I back Sirnick til the end of time, but let's see what happens.

The question here is who he would pick for VP, the bench is dried. That being said, Riley/Yankee would be a potentially potent ticket, depending on how the campaign goes.

How about Dereich and DC al Fine? I can see them being strong running mates as well...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »

LGBT Equality Act in trouble:
A majority of Atlasians wish to see the Act struck down by the Supreme Court:

May 29th: While at the beginning of his lawsuit Former Senator Snowstalker was ridiculed by elements of the Labor Party (with "The Observer" harshly calling him a "social conservative reactionary"), it seems he was right after all in his stance against the LGBT Equality Act. So far, a poll created by Former President Nix has 78.8% of Atlasians supporting the effort to strike down the Act, opposed to a mere 21.2% against such a move, with most critics supporting some of the goals but stating that the language needs to be significantly improved. It remains to be seen if this will affect the DemPGH/Windjammer ticket at all (I personally doubt it), but with Gov. Windjammer's signature of the bill and his attacks on Former Gov. Maxwell over a supposed flip flop and the "silly right of free speech", we might very well have our first gaffe of the race.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »

I don't think it's a flip flop on my part at all. I would've rejected the whole bill if it had that section, and that's position I've held since the beginning.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »

We won't know whether Snowstalker has been "right after all" until all the briefs have been submitted, the respondents questioned, and the case discussed among my fellow Justices and myself. Constitutionality is not determined by opinion polls.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »

LGBT Equality Act in trouble:
A majority of Atlasians wish to see the Act struck down by the Supreme Court:

May 29th: While at the beginning of his lawsuit Former Senator Snowstalker was ridiculed by elements of the Labor Party (with "The Observer" harshly calling him a "social conservative reactionary"), it seems he was right after all in his stance against the LGBT Equality Act. So far, a poll created by Former President Nix has 78.8% of Atlasians supporting the effort to strike down the Act, opposed to a mere 21.2% against such a move, with most critics supporting some of the goals but stating that the language needs to be significantly improved. It remains to be seen if this will affect the DemPGH/Windjammer ticket at all (I personally doubt it), but with Gov. Windjammer's signature of the bill and his attacks on Former Gov. Maxwell over a supposed flip flop and the "silly right of free speech", we might very well have our first gaffe of the race.

Some things need to be clearer:
-I haven't attacked Maxwell , I have defended myself and the other members of the Althing, but what Maxwell said about the Hate Crime part, believing the law without the Hate Crime part was a consensus.

-Oh and I think I have always said that I believed the right of free speech shouldn't forbide the states to pass some things against racism, etc. You know, the decision for the US, where only Alito was in the opposition. So I don't think this is a gaffe, I have always been really clear about my views of "free speech".
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »

We won't know whether Snowstalker has been "right after all" until all the briefs have been submitted, the respondents questioned, and the case discussed among my fellow Justices and myself. Constitutionality is not determined by opinion polls.

Oh, I know, I'm just pointing out that he seems to be right from a political point of view (the poll and things like that).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2014, 12:28:36 AM »

Four competitive Senate elections out of five!
Only Tyrion remains without a challenger, Labor and Federalists under siege by the DR's:

June 1st: Early May seemed disappointing to many over the lack of interesting the the Regional Senate races (with Senate candidates more willing to run for At-Large Senate in August), but by the time of Early June we can proudly say that there's competitive races all over the map, and all thanks to one not-so expected actor: the Democratic-Republican Party. Coming fresh from Spiral's run in February, Deus's campaign in April and Shua's strong performance in the Senate, the DR's seem determined to increase their hold on the Senate, fielding a "Dream Team" of three candidates to challenge Bore, Yankee and DC al Fine, while Federalist challenger RR1997 battles TNF and people wonder if Simfan or any other figure of the Pacific will challenge Tyrion for his seat. So far, the Midwest race has been mostly silent, but in the IDS Maxwell held a successful (by current standards) Q&A Townhall over the weekend, MadmanMotley announced his race a few hours ago and Deus continues to campaign despite some discouraging polls. Experience seems to indicate that the challengers may not be successful after all, but one thing is for certain: we're in for some amusing twenty days of campaign.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »

Riley out of the race, Former AG Ben to run for Senate:
Mideast Governor calls for conservatives to unite, TPP launches a candidate for Senate:

June 1st: Following an eventful week filled with speculation after Press Baron Cassius launched a "Draft-Riley" attempt to get the Governor to run for President (which included polls and the possibility of Riley debating SirNick and DemPGH), said speculation is over. The Mideast Governor gave a lengthy speech hours ago which went by the name "Another Time", in which Riley thanks the support but explained he will not run in June in order to continue to serve the Mideast and lay his plans for conservative governance. Governor Riley offered a strong attack on Senator TNF and the radical wing of the Labor Party, speaking out against their policies on Health Care and calling for conservatives to unite and build a movement.

The Senate election just took another interesting turn, with the Mideast Senate race becoming a three-way race between incumbent DC al Fine, MadmanMotley and the most recent challenger: Former AG, Governor and Senator Benconstine. With a polemic legacy after his impeachment attempt before the Senate (which was virtually set to pass with 5-3) and a term as a Mideast Assemblyman, Ben is now the first candidate of TPP for the June election (with GM Simfan considered for a run against Tyrion in the Pacific), and with the center-right split among the incumbent and the challenger, he certainly has a chance to return to Nyman.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2014, 11:02:44 AM by Senator Lumine »

Endorsements: (Updated)

DemPGH (Lab-WA) / Windjammer (Lab-MN)Sad

-Labor Party of Atlasia
-The Northeast Journal (Newspaper)
-The Observer (Newspaper)
-Former President and RG Fritz (Lab)
-Former President Dr. Cynic (Lab)
-Former President Averroes Nix (Lab)
-IDS Emperor Scott (Fed)
-Senator DC al Fine (Fed)
-Former Senator X (Lab)
-Pacific Speaker TheCranberry (Lab)
-Pacific Councilior Flo (Lab)
-Northeast Rep. SomebodyWhoExists (Lab)
-Midwest Rep. Adam C. Fitzgerald (Lab)
-Midwest Rep. Sol (Lab)
-Pacific Councilior Devin (Fed)
-Former Midwest Rep. and Archduke Arturo Belano (Lab)
-Former Representative and Assemblyman Butafly (TPP)

SirNick (TPP-NY) / Dallasfan65 (DR-MA)Sad

-The Porcupine (Newspaper)
-Former President Polnut (TPP)
-Former Game Moderador and SoEA SJoyce (TPP)
-Secretary of External Affairs Superique (TPP)
-Senator LumineVonReuental (Fed)
-Senator Shua (DR)
-Former Senator and IDS Legislator Maxwell (DR)
-Former Mideast Governor Spiral (DR)
-Northeast Rep. BaconBacon96 (DR)
-Former Mideast Assemblyman MadmanMotley (DR)
-Former Pacific Justice IBDD (UNDA)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2014, 02:50:01 AM »

Endorsements: (Updated)

DemPGH (Lab-WA) / Windjammer (Lab-MN)Sad

-The Northeast Journal (Newspaper)
-The Observer (Newspaper)
-Former President and RG Fritz (Lab)
-Former President Dr. Cynic (Lab)
-Former President Averroes Nix (Lab)
-IDS Emperor Scott (Fed)
-Former Senator X (Lab)
-Pacific Speaker TheCranberry (Lab)
-Pacific Councilior Flo (Lab)
-Northeast Rep. SomebodyWhoExists (Lab)
-Midwest Rep. Adam C. Fitzgerald (Lab)
-Midwest Rep. Sol (Lab)
-Pacific Councilior Devin (Fed)
-Former Midwest Rep. and Archduke Arturo Belano (Lab)
-Former Representative and Assemblyman Butafly (TPP)

SirNick (TPP-NY) / Dallasfan65 (DR-MA)Sad

-The Porcupine (Newspaper)
-Former President Polnut (TPP)
-Former Game Moderador and SoEA SJoyce (TPP)
-Secretary of External Affairs Superique (TPP)
-Senator LumineVonReuental (Fed)
-Senator Shua (DR)
-Former Senator and IDS Legislator Maxwell (DR)
-Former Mideast Governor Spiral (DR)
-Northeast Rep. BaconBacon96 (DR)
-Former Mideast Assemblyman MadmanMotley (DR)
-Former Pacific Justice IBDD (UNDA)

And... Andrew/Andrew?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »

I don't plan on giving extended coverage to them unless they actually run for President, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 08:23:18 PM »

Convention Time!
With the Presidential and Senate election entering the final and most decisive two weeks, the fight goes on:

June 4th: The election nears, and it's convention time for Atlasia. During the past two elections we have seen quite a good number of fascinating and amusing conventions, including the first ones for the Democratic-Republican Party and defunct Progressive Union, the defeat of DemPGH in the October Labor Convention, and the epic Duke v. Reaganfan duel in February. The June conventions might seem a little bit bland in comparison, but here is where we can witness what will happen in the future with the candidates and the parties. The Labor Convention started out strong, immediately endorsing DemPGH and starting to debate who to endorse in the Mideast Senate Race. The Democratic-Republican Party is undergoing leadership elections with single candidates, the Federalist Party is discussing by-laws and platform changes, and it can be assumed that TPP will easily nominate SirNick along with the DR's.

The candidates for Senate keep touring the nation, will all focus directed to the IDS, Northeast and the Mideast: Maxwell continues to run a spirited campaign and has showed his appeal to the Federalists in the polls, providing the first real challenge to Senator Yankee in months. Bore and Deus keep fighting with all their strength in the ongoing Senate debate, and the three-way Mideast race has Senator DC al Fine and Former Assemblyman MadmanMotley engaged in town halls across the region. On the other hand, the Presidential candidates have been less active, but their presence is felt across the political landscape, with SirNick receiving endorsements from DR members and DemPGH scoring a surprise with the endorsement of Senator DC, who described him as an elder statesman. It's hard to say who has the exact lead right now, so the election could probably be described as a toss-up.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »

Convention Time, Part II
Candidates return to the trail, and there's increasing speculation over some races:

June 5th: It's still Convention Time (and perhaps it will still be Convention Time byt late June), and it seems all of Atlasia's four mayor parties are not willing to stay behind and lose the battle of activity. Unlike American and British politics, the Conventions are not that helpful in identifying promising politicians due to the relative lack of personal speeches, but so far it seems we are making some progress in that front. The Labor Convention featured speeches from Maxwell and Yankee to request the Labor endorsement, both candidates being seconded by several Laborites. The People's Party convention was quickly opened by Vice-President Cincinnatus and SirNick gave a strong speech to make his case to the nation and his party. Finally, the Federalist Convention, while not as active, has the uncertainity of the future Presidential endorsement vote.

On the Senate front, Deus and Bore resumed their debate with a heated discussion on the Fair Labor Standards Act, with Deus blasting both Federalists and Laborites for a piece of legislation he called an abomination. Bore defended the bill as being more moderate than what Deus believes, and he delivered some criticism of his libertarian stances. The Midwest Senate race has reignited with the return of RR1997 to the trail and some big endorsements for TNF, the Mideast Senate race still features the Town Halls and a rather strong endorsement of Senator DC by Governor Riley and, of course, all eyes are still set to the Maxwell/Yankee duel in the IDS now that Yankee is truly into the race, opening up with a strong effort to retake the lead. On the Presidential front but not related to the conventions, the influential "Mideast Telegraph" of Cassius endorsed SirNick for President, calling for an Executive prepared to "stand up to the reds" in the Senate.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 07:41:03 AM »

As there is no Winfield for President, I will no longer be running for Vice President. I am announcing that I will be running for Co-President

Andrew is now running for President. Why him isn't included in the candidates list?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:35 PM »

As there is no Winfield for President, I will no longer be running for Vice President. I am announcing that I will be running for Co-President

Andrew is now running for President. Why him isn't included in the candidates list?

Well, he never announced as a presidential candidate, only as "co-president", which means his candidacy is not technically legal. And he doesn't have a running mate as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies