Embarrassing things you aren't too embarrassed to admit liking (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:46:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Embarrassing things you aren't too embarrassed to admit liking (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Embarrassing things you aren't too embarrassed to admit liking  (Read 3708 times)
Meursault
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:33 PM »

For my money: Marilyn Manson.

BRTD recently posted a criticism of the YouTube celebrity TheAmazingAtheist for "still listening to Marilyn Manson", as if he had room to criticize anyone for their tastes.

I listen to Manson, too. I like him quite a bit more than Nine Inch Nails or TReznor more generally; Trent's good at brilliantly scoring bad poetry. Manson, on the other hand, writes quite excellent, evocative and politically charged lyrics, like the track "Burning Flag" off 2000s Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The same record (my favorite from Manson) is homd to a gorgeous, thunderswept homage to political martyrs, "The Fall of Adam":

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Meursault
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »

Type O Negative should hardly need defending. Even if you take them seriously, which the band only rarely did (most of the funeral dirges about the death of Pete's relatives or his drug abuse on World Coming Down, say, which also is probably the favorite of hardcore TON fans), the band itself was absurdly talented. Peter Steele had a way of making his bass licks sound like Jimi Hendrix playing a guitar - the psychedelic interlude on "Less Than Zero", say - and he had tremendous vocal range for a natural bass. Nothing embarrassing at all, imo, and one of my personal Top Ten.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies