KS-Sen: Taylor drops out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-Sen: Taylor drops out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: KS-Sen: Taylor drops out  (Read 24775 times)
KCDem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2014, 07:21:53 AM »

Typical right-wing spin from the Hill.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »

Disgusting new attacks from an increasingly desperate old man.
KCDem

« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »

^^^That's one ugly baby.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »

Disgusting new attacks from an increasingly desperate old man.

That doesn't look very much like a fetus to me.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #354 on: November 03, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »

Just about every big name Republican has toured the state in the past few weeks. Millions have been poured into this race, with Kansans getting a glimpse of what some states have to deal with every two years.

If Pat Roberts loses tomorrow it is because of his own doing. He has served in the Senate for 18 years and was unable to build a consistent narrative on why he deserves another 6 years. Despite that, I will be amazed if he actually loses. Greg Orman got off to a hot start after building up his name recognition by airing countless ads touting his candidacy back in the summer. All in all, I think he is a very poor fit for Kansas - his entire campaign is basically a bunch of advertisements. He has made few planned stops, instead randomly stopping in various Kansas cities. His message is that he'll be an independent voice in the Senate, yet voters are still unclear on how he stands on many critical issues facing our state and country. He has only opted to give a handful of interviews, and seems to cower away any time someone tries to challenge him. I think it shows you just how bad the environment is for Republicans in this state when you look at the fact he might still pull out a victory tomorrow.

My gut says lean Roberts - I think he'll be saved by the nationalization of this race and the desire most have to give Republicans a Senate majority. I hope this is his last term, though - we need a fresh face representing Kansas in the Senate. Greg Orman's just not that face.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #355 on: November 03, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »

Yeah Roberts will probably win narrowly. I just have a hard time believing the undecideds won't break in his favor.
njwes
United States

« Reply #356 on: November 03, 2014, 03:17:11 PM »

Yeah Roberts will probably win narrowly. I just have a hard time believing the undecideds won't break in his favor.

And I wouldn't be surprised if some "decided" Orman voters make a last-minute switch tomorrow tbh. Voting "Independent" always seems sorta sketchy in US politics, and with Roberts, voters at least know what they're getting. I think there's more ambiguity with Orman. I wonder if his sorta vague pledge to caucus with the majority hurt him at all among voters.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies