EP elections 2014 - Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:14:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EP elections 2014 - Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EP elections 2014 - Results Thread  (Read 87995 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: May 27, 2014, 02:35:43 AM »

If UKIP has trouble forming a group I don't think they'll object to SD. They were fine with Lega Nord and LAOS in the past after all.

I think it is the correct move by SD, association with FN and those guys would hurt them in Sweden. It seems silly to commit so publicly though, that worsens your negotiation position.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »

UKIP turned down the Sweden Democrats. Lol.

Also, Le Pen is hoping to get some Eastern European I guess? Maybe the Poles?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:52:26 AM »

The short version of what Ingemann said is that UKIP cares more about origins of a party than about current official policy (or at least such is my impression).

That's why they dislike parties like SD or FN but are ok with DPP or LN or the crazy Poles.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 02:34:41 AM »

The short version of what Ingemann said is that UKIP cares more about origins of a party than about current official policy (or at least such is my impression).

That's why they dislike parties like SD or FN but are ok with DPP or LN or the crazy Poles.

To some extent, but it's also important for you as Swede to know, that the party Swedish media tell about have not much to do with how DPP are. There are a reason that DPP's MP rarely care to talk with Swedish reporters, while they're willing to talk to most other foreign reporters.

The Swedish media doesn't talk much about DPP these days. Not sure what Danish media says that Swedish media says or why you assume your own media to be unbiased. Wink

There isn't really a deadline though, is there? I mean, my understanding is that you can form groups and switch etc later on in the process.

And the difference described above is that the English are correct and the Germans are being silly. Apart from the fact that no one voted based on Juncker, the whole idea of the parliamentary groups having candidates make little sense. The European parliament doesn't pick the president anyway.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 02:57:05 AM »

That's not what I've read. My understanding is that it is still the European Council who picks and parliament can only approve or reject. Although the Council is supposed to take the elections into account or some similarly typical pseudo-democratic bs that the EU likes to throw around.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »

To some extent, but it's also important for you as Swede to know, that the party Swedish media tell about have not much to do with how DPP are. There are a reason that DPP's MP rarely care to talk with Swedish reporters, while they're willing to talk to most other foreign reporters.

The Swedish media doesn't talk much about DPP these days. Not sure what Danish media says that Swedish media says or why you assume your own media to be unbiased. Wink

Gustaf I'm in my thirties and I can read Swedish, I have followed the debate in Sweden for years in Swedish articles, yes comments about DPP have become rarer the last few years (after you got SD), even through they're everybit still as weird.

As for Danish media, I could make a thousands page rant about all the things wrong with it.

Danes and Swedes always bitch about each other's media. Tongue What specifically do you feel was wrong with Swedish media reporting on DPP? I'm not saying you're wrong just curious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies