who will be on the field first:Ray Rice or Josh Gordon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:44:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  who will be on the field first:Ray Rice or Josh Gordon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: who WILL be on the field first/who SHOULD be on the field first
wife beater/wife beater

pot head/wife beater

wife beater/pot head

pot head/pot head

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: who will be on the field first:Ray Rice or Josh Gordon  (Read 1639 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »

The NFL is looking at the rules and pot, but right now they are just stupidly strict.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:08:56 AM »

The Ray Rice interview was AMAZING in it's horribleness.  He actually said, during an apology for knocking his lady out, that....
You must be logged in to read this quote.
unfunkingbelieveable.  And his wife....
UGGGGGG  Clearly this guy likes his women like he likes his fish....battered.

Of course the Ravens and the NFL welcomed the murdering thug Ray Lewis back and this is just a little wife beating.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »

2 freaking game suspension.....for wife beating.  Meanwhile, Justin Blackmon may never play again....for smoking pot.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »

2 freaking game suspension.....for wife beating.  Meanwhile, Justin Blackmon may never play again....for smoking pot.

I mean, Blackmon's got a few DUI's under his belt as well...

But yea, the Rice thing is obviously ludicrous and shows that the idea that Goodell is a strong disciplinarian is selective at best. Compare what he gave Rice for doing something heinous on camera to what he gave Ben for alleged actions...

Goodell's whole reign is a sham and is riddled with clear double standards - especially with the health issues.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »

2 freaking game suspension.....for wife beating.  Meanwhile, Justin Blackmon may never play again....for smoking pot.

True true, and DUI has, at least potentially, the ability to be much worse than wife beating if you hit a bus of orphans or something.
Or the plethora of suspensions given to linebackers and safteys for hitting people too hard.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »

While I don't think there's any racial bias by the league, the only thing that would cause enough uproar among the public over the drug policy would be a white starting quarterback being suspended for a marijuana test.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »

True true, and DUI has, at least potentially, the ability to be much worse than wife beating if you hit a bus of orphans or something.
Or the plethora of suspensions given to linebackers and safety for hitting people too hard.

Perhaps the two-game suspension would have been tougher had the wife suffered a concussion. </black humor>
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »

hehe....she was out cold, so he probably did.  Good joke though!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:46 PM »

This. But welcome to America, I guess.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »

While I don't think there's any racial bias by the league, the only thing that would cause enough uproar among the public over the drug policy would be a white starting quarterback being suspended for a marijuana test.

Do it Johnny Football. Take one for the cause of advancing sensible NFL disciplinary policies.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »

I tend to believe that Ray Rice would have gotten a longer suspension than 2 games if his fiancee was a blonde, white woman but maybe that's just me...

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »

He'd have been kicked out of the league if it was Goodell's daughter.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »

The Ravens need a new PR team.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »

Also relevant is the NFL's backwards drug testing system.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »

The video of Rice actually punching his fiancee in the face and knocking her out has been released. It's on all the sites if you really want to watch. I didn't but I suppose it confirms the worst. The Ravens and the NFL both look horrible, even worse than before, and need to re-evaluate their priorities ASAP.

Officials from other teams think the Ravens may release Rice now but I'm not sure. May be giving that organization too much credit. Obviously I hope they do and he never plays another snap in the league but who knows...

In Gordon's case, the league is working with the Union to reach a new agreement which some believe could allow Gordon, as well as Welker and other plays who were suspended for PED and drug offenses, to play this year. I'm skeptical but I picked up Gordon in my fantasy league just in case.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 01:54:02 PM by Grumps »

Ray Rice needs to be released by his team.....but those scumfuckers won't......did.  Who knew?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »

Called it. White guy Wes Welker caused the push back finally.

As for the Rice tape, the interesting thing is that it doesn't even look like they were fighting before he knocked her out.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 12:20:02 PM »

I have to roll my eyes at the fake moral outrage by some people over Rice. People are reacting because it was on tape, NFL players have done far more heinous things to women and they have brushed it off and continue to support the league.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 12:37:27 PM by Paul Kemp »

I have to roll my eyes at the fake moral outrage by some people over Rice. People are reacting because it was on tape, NFL players have done far more heinous things to women and they have brushed it off and continue to support the league.

Ok? Your point is...? Perhaps this situation carries more weight exactly because it is on film and there is no doubt about it. No "he said, she said" - it's all right there, clear as day. Keep in mind that knowing this footage exists, the team continued to support him whole heartedly. The response or lack thereof from law enforcement is also worrying. 

What is "fake" about being upset at an awful crime committed on video?

Also, please cite examples to your latter claim. I think I may be familiar with a few - none like this exactly - but I'm not sure you are...
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »

The video of Rice actually punching his fiancee in the face and knocking her out has been released. It's on all the sites if you really want to watch. I didn't but I suppose it confirms the worst. The Ravens and the NFL both look horrible, even worse than before, and need to re-evaluate their priorities ASAP.

Officials from other teams think the Ravens may release Rice now but I'm not sure. May be giving that organization too much credit. Obviously I hope they do and he never plays another snap in the league but who knows...

In Gordon's case, the league is working with the Union to reach a new agreement which some believe could allow Gordon, as well as Welker and other plays who were suspended for PED and drug offenses, to play this year. I'm skeptical but I picked up Gordon in my fantasy league just in case.

Same. If it works out, having Megatron/Gordon/Nelson is going to be dirty.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

Roethlisburger gets a 6 gamer, reduced to 4 (before the GA incident) with zero charges, no film, nada.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »

Considering recent developments I wouldn't be surprised to see Gordon back after all.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:04 PM »

Ok? Your point is...? Perhaps this situation carries more weight exactly because it is on film and there is no doubt about it. No "he said, she said" - it's all right there, clear as day. Keep in mind that knowing this footage exists, the team continued to support him whole heartedly. The response or lack thereof from law enforcement is also worrying. 

Also, please cite examples to your latter claim. I think I may be familiar with a few - none like this exactly - but I'm not sure you are...

It shouldn't and that is my point. Greg Hardy was found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend, yet there is no one out there saying the Panthers should release Greg Hardy(who played yesterday). Why, because it wasn't caught on tape.

People are reacting to the tape, not the crime itself. You take away the tape and everything plays out the same(Rice takes the same plea deal), he doesn't even get suspended and no one would really care.

Domestic violence has been a problem in the NFL for a while now. Like the Sterling debacle, it shouldn't have taking a tape for people to finally speak up about it.  
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »

It shouldn't and that is my point. Greg Hardy was found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend, yet there is no one out there saying the Panthers should release Greg Hardy(who played yesterday). Why, because it wasn't caught on tape.

People are reacting to the tape, not the crime itself. You take away the tape and everything plays out the same(Rice takes the same plea deal), he doesn't even get suspended and no one would really care.

Domestic violence has been a problem in the NFL for a while now. Like the Sterling debacle, it shouldn't have taking a tape for people to finally speak up about it.  

Ok, it shouldn't have taken video for people to speak out but is it really a problem if it is?

I think most people who are "outraged" were even before the tape was released. I mean, Goodell's hand was pretty much forced by public opinion to make harsher penalties.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 01:11:04 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 01:13:59 PM by Yank2133 »

Ok, it shouldn't have taken video for people to speak out but is it really a problem if it is?

I think most people who are "outraged" were even before the tape was released. I mean, Goodell's hand was pretty much forced by public opinion to make harsher penalties.

I doubt it, Jovan Belcher killed his wife and then himself during a domestic dispute and that barely raised a conversation about domestic violence in the NFL. Hell, the fact the Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald played yesterday without much backlash says to me the Rice case is all about the video, and not really the crime.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies