What is the most Democratic county with a significant GOP area? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:10:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What is the most Democratic county with a significant GOP area? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the most Democratic county with a significant GOP area?  (Read 4106 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 23, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »

Any large, urban county could fit under this criteria.

Cook, Los Angeles, and Dade Counties all have strong Republican areas despite being in very Democratic-voting counties.

The inverse is somewhat more difficult to find, but I'm guessing the resort areas of the Mountain West and the Appalachians would be good candidates.

The inverse is all over the place, there's a small urban core area in a lot of counties that has a few precincts that vote Dem while the rest of the county votes GOP.   If not an urban core then there might be a small minority heavy area of the county that votes Dem too. 

I know Grand Traverse County MI is a good example of this.  Traverse City votes Dem which includes I think 3 precincts, but the remainder of the county votes GOP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies