x
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:03:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  x
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: x  (Read 2782 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

Doubtful Republicans will pickup any district Obama won in 2012, but no use arguing with certain elements on this board, who know exactly who they are.

Obama won FL-13. Democrats are very capable of screwing up seats they should win in.

I was talking about pickups, not seats already held, there is a difference.

Vacant seats are vacant seats - especially when there's no incumbent to give any appearances.

Joe Garcia's seat isn't vacant, so that doesn't apply here. Furthermore, the only vacant seats Republicans won in 2012 were Romney ones. Try again.

Stop acting dumb -- Republicans won a vacant seat in a special election in FL-13, even though the district voted for Obama. Republicans also won (for example) the new, vacant seat of CA-21 in 2012 even as, simultaneously, the district voted 55% Obama. Try again.

Doubtful Republicans will pickup any district Obama won in 2012, but no use arguing with certain elements on this board, who know exactly who they are.

Imagining people with this attitude on Election Day 2014 never fails to make me feel better

President Romney feels the same way.

wow you definitely got me there
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:57 PM »

Obama won FL-13. Democrats are very capable of screwing up seats they should win in.

Vacant seats are vacant seats - especially when there's no incumbent to give any appearances.

Joe Garcia's seat isn't vacant, so that doesn't apply here. Furthermore, the only vacant seats Republicans won in 2012 were Romney ones. Try again.

Stop acting dumb -- Republicans won a vacant seat in a special election in FL-13, even though the district voted for Obama. Republicans also won (for example) the new, vacant seat of CA-21 in 2012 even as, simultaneously, the district voted 55% Obama. Try again.

Imagining people with this attitude on Election Day 2014 never fails to make me feel better

Is it necessary to call people dumb? That's childish. FL-13 was a retention, not a pickup, vacant or not, a party retaining a seat is often easier than picking up a seat. As for CA-21, the Democrat had no money and the DCCC totally wrote the race off, so the Republican was pretty much running unopposed.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:53 PM »

Is it necessary to call people dumb? That's childish.

Stop intentionally misrepresenting data, then.

FL-13 was a retention, not a pickup, vacant or not, a party retaining a seat is often easier than picking up a seat. As for CA-21, the Democrat had no money and the DCCC totally wrote the race off, so the Republican was pretty much running unopposed.

You don't think the circumstances in CA-21 can never repeat? Or that a well-funded, competent Republican challenger can't win in a district that narrowly voted for Obama and is currently represented by a Democrat? The latter description (the possibility that you're denying) is so general and unspecific that even if 2014 ends up being a Democratic landslide I'm confident that through sheer chance at least one district will fit that description (and, considering polling numbers right now, there'll probably be a fair number like that).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies