Howard Dean: Republicans are "not American," should "stay away from our country" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Howard Dean: Republicans are "not American," should "stay away from our country" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Howard Dean: Republicans are "not American," should "stay away from our country"  (Read 2812 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »

As someone who Republicans tried to disenfranchise because his voting bloc didn't vote Republican, I agree.

Why vote for a party that doesn't think you should have the right to vote?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »

As someone who Republicans tried to disenfranchise because his voting bloc didn't vote Republican, I agree.

Why vote for a party that doesn't think you should have the right to vote?

Explain how the Republicans tried to disenfranchise you.

Blatant, self-admitted suppression of the student vote a few years ago. I took a gap year during the 2012 election, so I was technically one of the people O'Brien wanted to suppress.

If you pull this sh*t, you don't deserve to have a state to call your home. Go live in Sudan if you want to make a right-wing dictatorship.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »

After the fact that my state's legislature passed a Voter ID bill that allowed the government to take a photo of you if you don't have your ID and mail it to you in your affidavit (which is essentially government-sponsored voter intimidation), I think I have the right to be an intolerant asshole about this.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:10:53 PM »

One is not supporting a war against the terrorists or against "weapons of mass destruction". The other prevents people from voting.

I'm sure we can all agree that restricting voting rights is un-American here.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »

One is not supporting a war against the terrorists or against "weapons of mass destruction". The other prevents people from voting.

I'm sure we can all agree that restricting voting rights is un-American here.

The founding fathers would disagree with you Tongue

Wasn't for partisan reasons though. If they were alive right now they'd be calling for a voting rights amendment right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies