Howard Dean: Republicans are "not American," should "stay away from our country" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:49:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Howard Dean: Republicans are "not American," should "stay away from our country" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Howard Dean: Republicans are "not American," should "stay away from our country"  (Read 2814 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: May 21, 2014, 07:27:26 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2014, 07:44:45 PM by angus »

Unsettling shades of Pat Buchanan and Sarah Palin here.

Not at all.  The former can be abrasive and the latter is a moron, but these aren't the sorts of things they say.  Howard Dean says horrible things regularly.  You may be too young to remember the 2000 primary campaign.  He spent more time insulting the GOP primary voters than trying to win that primary election.  He is very well known to be an intolerant bigot toward Republicans, and an islamophobe as well.  To be fair, he is probably not a major-league asshole on par with Rush Limbaugh or Bill Maher, but he doesn't have the best "bedside manner" and much was written about that in the 2000 campaign.  (Social skills are something we talk about regularly with my irregularly willful son just now.)  I perceived that Dean was a thorough jerk at the time, and I was surprised when he was made the DNC chairman.  As it turns out, he performed well in that job.  In fact, he had an extremely successful tenure as DNC chairman.  We had several threads about him some ten years ago, and I had to admit that he was well-suited to that position.  I guess you don't have to have a personality to do that job.  Anyway, this sort of comment is nothing unusual from Howard Dean.  I certainly wouldn't expect Obama to appoint him to any post in the State Department.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies